100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info on X-20's?

Mike999

Info on X-20's?

I just saw the nicest set of irons ive seen in a long time at golftown today. They were Callaway X-20s. The shaft was steel, but was tapered smoothly, not like how the truetemper shafts are. (Im a noob, I dont know if this is usual)

anyways, anybody have any kind of 'insight' about them? They seem like an awesome buy.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I am not a Callaway fan but I have also been checking out the new forged offerings from Callaway. I have not looked at the X-20's as of yet.
    The model I have seen is the X Forged with the Project X flighted shafts in them. $1099.00 list price at the store I deal with.
    A very nice looking iron. Thin top line, small head. Although it is a CB I would tend to think it would be an iron best suited for a lower index player.
    I will wait until I can hit some balls with these irons, then see if I will purchase a set. There are some other forged offerings out there that have also caught my eyes.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Birdie golfin-buddy is on a distinguished road golfin-buddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike999 View Post
    I just saw the nicest set of irons ive seen in a long time at golftown today. They were Callaway X-20s. The shaft was steel, but was tapered smoothly, not like how the truetemper shafts are. (Im a noob, I dont know if this is usual)

anyways, anybody have any kind of 'insight' about them? They seem like an awesome buy.
    They are very nice. Like the 18's before them, very easy to play without the look of their bigger offerings (BB06 and Fusion wide sole). The shaft is a uniflex made for Callaway, i think by True Temper. The great thing is that you can ask for custom shafts and usually at no upcharge. I know that TT Dyn Gold are at no extra cost. Rifle shafts and TX 90 are up charged.

Major difference between these and the 18s is obviously the graphics and the center of gravity has been lowered by about 6%.

For more info, PM me or check out :

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.CLUBS.Irons.X20.html

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    They were X20 Tours with the Project X Flighted shafts. The Uniflex shaft has steps.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfin-buddy View Post
    They are very nice. Like the 18's before them, very easy to play without the look of their bigger offerings (BB06 and Fusion wide sole). The shaft is a uniflex made for Callaway, i think by True Temper. The great thing is that you can ask for custom shafts and usually at no upcharge. I know that TT Dyn Gold are at no extra cost. Rifle shafts and TX 90 are up charged.

Major difference between these and the 18s is obviously the graphics and the center of gravity has been lowered by about 6%.

For more info, PM me or check out :

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.CLUBS.Irons.X20.html
    as far as i had heard, the project x are an option without upcharge, as a stock shaft

Birdie golfin-buddy is on a distinguished road golfin-buddy's Avatar
    they are standard on the x20 tour and x forged only

Thread Information