3 Wood dgc1947 is on a distinguished road

Ottawa Golf Show

What are the dates for this years show?

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    March 24 & 25th at the OAC
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

9 Iron chieflabattblue is on a distinguished road
    From what I hear a lot of exhibitors from the previous year(s) are not attending the show because of "no excitement" feature that the shows never has. more like a travel show and the Red book special show than a GOLF and Travel show. They need someone to get more creative and more people to offer us intersting knowledge and what the latest and greatest equipment is available for the upcoming year locally..but they just do not get it. Not worth spending the money to see the same things over and over. I will not be attending this year because how terrible it was last year.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Have to agree with mr. blue. I've been going every year, and it seems to just be worse and worse. I'll most likely skip it this year.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    It's worth it to go just to get the free green fees IMO.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I'm seriously thinking about driving to Toronto and hitting the show there. I think its the first weekend of March not sure.
    "Get your smile on!"

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Have to agree with mr. blue. I've been going every year, and it seems to just be worse and worse. I'll most likely skip it this year.
    Might do this as well for time ever sicne the show has been in Ottawa
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    Promotion and location maybe the issue. I did not even know about it the show until this year, and last time I checked I don't live under a rock.
    I am surprised that Meech Creek, or some promotion company, has not taken over the show and moved it to the congress center or somewhere more visable.

6 Iron daveyc is on a distinguished road
    Are OttawaGolf and Reservation Masters returning to the show this year?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yes we will be there. Same booth as last year, left of the front door beside the Citizen Amature Championship table. Can't miss us as you walk in.

I look forward to meeting people every year. It's just too bad the market is too small to attract the manufacturers since that seems to be the big problem with the attendees.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I go just for the green fees. And sometimes I can pick up a good deal on balls at the T&L booth.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I've never been to the Ottawa show, do the run a used equipment sale at all? That might help bring in more people. The ski show used to have a pretty impressive ski swap, the one in Toronto was awesome and was a big draw.

Pitching Wedge Elrik is on a distinguished road

Ottawa Golf Show

I see that their ads are advertising 4 free rounds of golf for the price of the $10 admission:

- MarchWood Golf Course
    - Calabogie Highlands Golf Club
    - Golf Mont Cascades
    - Whitetail Golf Club

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on these? (Eg., limit of passes per day, twillight hours only, only one player with passes per foursome...etc)?

It seems to me as if that would be a lot of free rounds of golf that these courses would have to honour (and potentially lose money on)....

Elrik

Quote Originally Posted by Elrik View Post
    I see that their ads are advertising 4 free rounds of golf for the price of the $10 admission:

- MarchWood Golf Course
    - Calabogie Highlands Golf Club
    - Golf Mont Cascades
    - Whitetail Golf Club

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on these? (Eg., limit of passes per day, twillight hours only, only one player with passes per foursome...etc)?

It seems to me as if that would be a lot of free rounds of golf that these courses would have to honour (and potentially lose money on)....

Elrik

There will be restrictions you can count on it.. The ones last year for Upper Canada where you had to use them mon-wed. No holidays.. I would expect to see the same.. If you work mon-fri like me you prob. won't get to take advantage of the rounds...

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chieflabattblue View Post
    From what I hear a lot of exhibitors from the previous year(s) are not attending the show because of "no excitement" feature that the shows never has. more like a travel show and the Red book special show than a GOLF and Travel show. They need someone to get more creative and more people to offer us intersting knowledge and what the latest and greatest equipment is available for the upcoming year locally..but they just do not get it. Not worth spending the money to see the same things over and over. I will not be attending this year because how terrible it was last year.
    What are you talking about!!...as a company I and many other golf related companies have supported the Ottawa Golf and Travel show for many years. Four years for me. Three years in which I was directly involved with the long drive events that were put on....run in conjunction with "Mitch "the Rocket Rochette".. real Re-max long drivers and local interested competitors ...not the show they tried to pass as long drive last year. I donated many many "free" drivers, iron sets, wedges, balls etc to help promote the golf show. I have introduced the lastest equipment from a number of equipment suppliers from the PGA show in Orlando. I was the first in Ottawa and most of Canada to introduce the Harrison Striper Shaft, Stulz Arrow Shaft, Ashton X1 Driver and Hybrid and the P3 Pro Simulator when they first came out..You must have missed my booth all those years.... you must have also missed booths from Golf Works, Artisan Golf, GTC Golf , Cgynet Golf, Feel Golf and more for the last two or more years.

The bottom line is the community has to support your local golf show. That also means: when at the show to finacially support their local golf community..not just Golf Town and that means not just looking at product but buying it also....if this is not done then they will not show up for just entertainment purposes. So the lack of support at the show from golf club distributors and club makers is what you may be seeing as a result of non support...bottom line economics.

Last year, 2006, the Ottawa Golf and Travel show made a business decision to run the show on March 3rd..three weeks earlier then most years. From a business prospective that meant that alot of the new golf component releases were not even in the suppliers hands from china to view at the golf shows that early in the season. It also meant that after the show was over, it was 5 to 6 weeks of waiting and wishing for the golf season to start. From a golf business senario, too much time for golfers who went to the show to change their mind on their golfing needs or forget what new equipment was available. Not a good situation for any of the small golf businesses.

In spite of the short notice last year I managed to have the lastest Ashton, Alpha, Harrison and Accuflex lines for sale and viewing. But if you are an OEM buff you would have no interest in going into my booth or listening to what I am selling until you need a reshaft or a regrip.

The bottom line... it is your choice, save your money to buy a bunch of golf balls if you like, but do not make blind statements that make small business in the local golf market seem that we do not care or relish support from our patrions in our community, or make available the lastest and greatest in new product lines.

I am sure most small golf companies that have supported the Ottawa Golf and Travel show in the past will agree with me on this point.

Stever

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I'm only going cause I got an almost free pass from Chuck Brown's or else I wouldn't be attending this year.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Honestly, How many people that attend the golf show actually purchase items there. Not golf balls or the Red Book! The Ottawa golf show is quite boring. Fill in a bunch of ballots, have people call you for the next six months trying to sell you a time share. I tried some new products at the driving range last year and lets just say the selection was dismal. Take away the free golf passes and attendance drops big time guaranteed. That said I am still going, hopefully I will see some improvement AND get my free coupons. You want everyday lowest price, selection and decent service go to Golftown or Golfworks.
    And yes I do support local golf courses and retailers the best I can.
    "Get your smile on!"

I like to go to the show to see some regular faces and see whats happening.. What I dislike is when ppl harass you there... If I don't come to your booth leave me alone..

7 Iron albatrossman is on a distinguished road
    Well, it is almost the start of golf season and I will definitely be going to the Ottawa Golf Show. My theory is that by attending the show every year, I provide encouragement for local golf businesses to participate and continue to improve the show.

Last year, my son and I used the Cedar Glen (in early April) and Upper Canada (mid-summer) passes. I got a free golf club for my daughter, and my son received several golf tips from knowledgeable pros. I did not travel to any of the U.S. resort destinations that were at the show, but there is a good chance that I will take my family to one of them this year. To me, I am more than satisfied with my ten buck and two-hour time investment.

What time does the show open each day?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

9 am sat, and sun.

Beauty, anyone want to meet for breakfast either Sat or Sun morning before the show? I have to work shift all this weekend, and instead of going home, figure I'd hang around and grab a bite to eat before I head to the show. If interested drop me a pm.

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    anyone know what free club they offer for kids 14 and under? (im 14).
    im a junior club ho, so i dont care what it is, a club is a club lol.
    i heard it may be a callaway or something though ?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Kevin Haime had the Calloway guy on his show Sat. and he said it was a Calloway 6 iron if my old memory serves me well.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    My question is, what the heck do you know about ho-ing, or the meaning of it at the age of 14! LOL

I'll be there, although not as early as 9am either day, I'll need my sleep! Is there any point in going Sunday in hopes of landing a deal on some clubs? I would doubt it.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Beauty, anyone want to meet for breakfast either Sat or Sun morning before the show? I have to work shift all this weekend, and instead of going home, figure I'd hang around and grab a bite to eat before I head to the show. If interested drop me a pm.
    me and some of the boys: Lance, Reid, 6wood, Kiwi-Man, Langille5, and Nat are going to the show sunday at 9am. then hitting up GT and lunch if u wanna join us Geoff

Jarred, I'll be long in bed by noon. I'm coming off shift that morning and have to work again that night. But thanks for the offer, I'll probably see you at the show.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Kevin Haime had the Calloway guy on his show Sat. and he said it was a Calloway 6 iron if my old memory serves me well.
    Some give-away, just empty the fitting cart....

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    My question is, what the heck do you know about ho-ing, or the meaning of it at the age of 14! LOL

I'll be there, although not as early as 9am either day, I'll need my sleep! Is there any point in going Sunday in hopes of landing a deal on some clubs? I would doubt it.
    well lets see... in the past year ive gone through:
    2 drivers
    3 3woods
    2 5woods
    3 hybrids
    2 sets of irons
    8 wedges
    3 putters

^^^ all is quality OEM stuff too.

it's these darn (being polite for you dan!) golf forums that do it to me. so much exposure and influence.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Geoff; I'll do breakfast before the show opening on Saturday, around 8:00 am somewhere on St. Laurent Blvd.

Thread Information