CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I think it is actaully Linda. He looks like Hulk Hogan's long lost brother.
    Watch was Dave Schulz said about Hogan
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iDfQuyl26kY
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Hey Hacker it is LINDY and not Lindsay

www.sabres.com/frontoffice.cfm click on the right most picture of the ugly Lindy Ruff
    Lindy is a MAN's name, until Lindsay learns to act like a man instead of punk * I'll call him Lindsay.......actually I call him a lot worse, but the profanity filters won't let what I really call him through

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    It's quite obvious what Lind-a was up to... these snippits from the Globe this morning...

-snip-

"I put out skill players and he sends out the five guys on his team that are going to start a fight," Murray said, referring to Ruff. He then accused the Sabres coach of ordering his players to start the fight.
    Ruff's answer to that was: "I'm not going to comment what I had on my mind."
    After pausing, Ruff added: "Go out and run 'em."

snip -

Ruff should get at least 10 games. He all but admitted to sending out the goons to start a fight.

- snip -

The bad blood almost carried over after the game.
    Mair went to the Senators locker room, where he apologized to Heatley in the doorway. Heatley accepted the apology, but Senators assistant coach John Paddock shot Mair an angry glare.
    "Don't look at me like that when I'm apologizing," Mair said to Paddock, who then apologized to Mair.

-snip-

And Mair is essentially condemning his coach by going to Heatly to apologize...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i think this is the first time i don't want an opposing team's player to get suspended for jumping our goalie, who was in the middle of a fight.

I really want Peters to be there for the game on Sat. when McGrattan comes out of the pressbox with the FOIL!!!

Agreed!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I saw this but want to see it again, does anyone know where i could find clips of last night on the net?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Thankyou kindly sir.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I got tickets for sat night I cant wait! Love the smile on emery's face!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Wow

I cannot beleive that peters did that. We will now see if the NHL wants to protect the goalies or not. This is unbeleivable, Ruff's reaction not so much, he does not care that the hit was legal or not, he just cares that we nailed his guy. To him it is completely justified, the legallity has nothing to do with it. I really hope that the NHL really puts him in his place. As for Peters, well, probaly a game or tow is all, the NHL does not protect the goalies on th ice against forwards crashing the net so why would they do anything now.

They will make it worse because as much as Murray is not a goon coach there will be retrobution. The NHL has to step up and really make a statement otherwise they will have another Bertuzzi incident. Can you see it now, McGratton chasing Peters around the ice.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post

The bad blood almost carried over after the game.
    Mair went to the Senators locker room, where he apologized to Heatley in the doorway. Heatley accepted the apology, but Senators assistant coach John Paddock shot Mair an angry glare.
    "Don't look at me like that when I'm apologizing," Mair said to Paddock, who then apologized to Mair.

-snip-

And Mair is essentially condemning his coach by going to Heatly to apologize...

Good find. I wouldn't have thought they would have apologized in person or anything, but I had wondered whether a couple of the sabres' tough guys might have felt guilty about being sent out to beat on Spezza and Heatley.

The hit by Neil, though not illegal, was borderline, at least in terms of an honourable hit. He came at the guy from behind (its not like Drury had his head down..he was just blindsided), and, though he didn't hit elbow to head, he followed through with that elbow pretty high.

What Ruff doesn't seem to understand is that, when you're protecting your star players (which I fully support), you don't send your guys out to go beat on the other team's stars...you send Peters to fight Neil, who, conveniently, was the hitter, and the only fighter on the team. But, that would have been to honourable for Ruff. What a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I cannot beleive that peters did that. We will now see if the NHL wants to protect the goalies or not. This is unbeleivable, Ruff's reaction not so much, he does not care that the hit was legal or not, he just cares that we nailed his guy. To him it is completely justified, the legallity has nothing to do with it. I really hope that the NHL really puts him in his place. As for Peters, well, probaly a game or tow is all, the NHL does not protect the goalies on th ice against forwards crashing the net so why would they do anything now.

They will make it worse because as much as Murray is not a goon coach there will be retrobution. The NHL has to step up and really make a statement otherwise they will have another Bertuzzi incident. Can you see it now, McGratton chasing Peters around the ice.
    About protecting the goalie. I'm sorry to say, but once Emery leaves the net like that to fight, he's fair game. He's no longer a goalie in need of protection, he's a friggin wrecking ball who'se damn tough to stop. It's not like its the first time a player has kicked someone's ass and then been forced to fight someone else.

You can't blame Ruff for sending out the goons. You can blame murray for putting speza and Heatley out there in that situation.
    PinShark

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    You can't blame Ruff for sending out the goons. You can blame murray for putting speza and Heatley out there in that situation.
    You`re joking right - what the heck was Murray supposed to do

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    You`re joking right - what the heck was Murray supposed to do

He's joking right.....is he? He is. Ok Maybe not.
    PinShark

There's a code in the NHL that says goons fight goons (or, on occasion, goons fight someone who just injured their star player). That's why friggin Mair apologized after the game. He knew he'd broken the code. It's something you just don't do.

As for not putting their stars out there....Buffalo had the last change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    He's joking right.....is he? He is. Ok Maybe not.
    I asked a valid question Pinshark - What was Murray supposed to do?? In his mind, and rightly so, it was a legal hard hit. Lindsay has the last change so Murray puts out the next line up in the rotation and the Gutless Wonder puts on the goon squad.

What the hell was Murray supposed to do? What would you have done?

It has been well established that Lindsay put out the goon squad with clear instructions AFTER he saw who Murray put on the ice....Lindsay said so in his interview.....Have you ever heard of a tough guy going to the opposing teams dressing room to appologize for starting a fight??? "Sorry Danny, coach said I had to go out and kick your ass......."

I don't see how Murray plays into that at all

Indeed. While Mair did the honorable thing after the fact by apologizing, it is Ruff who has been clearly exposed as the instigator, and therefore it is Ruff who deserves a harsh suspension. Minimum 10 games. Anything less and the NHL will be unwittingly condoning the return of frontier justice to the 'new' NHL.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Lindy has a short memory and seems to forget the pasting Brian Campbell put on RJ Umberger last spring in the playoffs which was more vicious than this one. For those that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkp9qv15dA

Now if Drury did his helmet up properly (most of these guys have the chin strap hanging down around their nipples) then he'd have been a lot better off.

and it's real tough going after a guy who just fought and is tired and who is also wearing really cumbersome goalie equipment. Peters is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    and it's real tough going after a guy who just fought and is tired and who is also wearing really cumbersome goalie equipment. Peters is a clown.
    Peters had better pray to what ever God he beleives in that he gets suspended for the game on Saturday otherwise McGratton is gonna have a little "Chat" with him

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    does anybody know where i can get the video of the game online somewhere? Living in Ottawa, its a joke i had to watch the leafs/isl game!!! If you know where i can get the video of the game that would be great.
    Dave, the Ottawa game was on A Channel (Rogers 6)

Peters had better pray to what ever God he beleives in that he gets suspended for the game on Saturday otherwise McGratton is gonna have a little "Chat" with him

As much as I would like to see Peters get his ass kicked, if he doesn't get suspended for a couple of games for being the '3rd Man In' on at least 3 fights, then Betman and Campbell should be lynched! If Ruff doesn't get suspended I will be amazed and all common sense in the NHL has gone out the window! I don't care that the Sabres are #1 overall and that they are missing 7 regular players, they deserve to have several players suspended. I'm not sure about Emery being suspended, he did leave the crease looking for a fight but hey, I am not sure what the rules are on that. I do know he is the only one on the Sens team that actually fought, the others either turtled, hid behind the ref or just hung ont ot the player they were paired up with.... not one of them went to help out Emery when Peters was giving him quite a few good shots to the head (but his smile never left his face! ) In the old NHL, a guy like Neil would have been over the boards before the coach could restrain him!

They are reporting on the Team 1200 that there will be no suplimentary disicipline handed out

I say ROAD TRIP!!!! We need to roll down the 401 and have a chat with those blind mice sitting in the league offices

They are reporting on the Team 1200 that there will be no suplimentary disicipline handed out

I say ROAD TRIP!!!! We need to roll down the 401 and have a chat with those blind mice sitting in the league offices
    YOUR TING ME!

the only suspension should be to ruff. When brawls happen, players often get in a couple of scraps. No need for Peters to get a suspension, it was just unfortunate that someone like Phillips didn't come to Emery's defence. Besides that, Ruff should be suspended for being the whiniest d**chebag in the NHL. Move over John Edward, there's a new "biggest d**che in the universe." He never stops complaining about other coaches and their dirty tactics and cheap shots, and yet he's willing to have his enforcers go after the other teams stars.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    the only suspension should be to ruff. When brawls happen, players often get in a couple of scraps. No need for Peters to get a suspension, it was just unfortunate that someone like Phillips didn't come to Emery's defence. Besides that, Ruff should be suspended for being the whiniest d**chebag in the NHL. Move over John Edward, there's a new "biggest d**che in the universe." He never stops complaining about other coaches and their dirty tactics and cheap shots, and yet he's willing to have his enforcers go after the other teams stars.
    I agree about Ruff, but disagree about Peters Jon. Peters was the 3rd man in on at least 3 fights.... ya gotta put a stop to crap like that.... fighting is ok in my book, jumping in on an existing fight is not....

well, the emery fight was done when he jumped in....biron was about to get his ass kicked a second time, so his player stepped in to defend him. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    well, the emery fight was done when he jumped in....biron was about to get his ass kicked a second time, so his player stepped in to defend him. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion
    It was jumping spezza while he was being pummeled and jumping Heatley while someone was trying to remove his head..... I would have liked to see Emery get an arm free to get a few shots in.... I agree with you that Peters had to go to Biron's defense, it is the right thing to do, was disappointed someone didn't go to Emery's defense when Peters was landing quite a few shots to the back of his head I didn't expect anyone on the ice to do it but I sure though Neil would come off the bench to jump in

Ya, I must say that I didn't see it, so all I saw of Peters was the tail end of his fight with Spezza (who was rightly doing his best to hide his head behind the linesman's ass), and then the eventual fight with Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Dave, the Ottawa game was on A Channel (Rogers 6)
    I think Dave is in Hamilton

Thread Information