CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

$25,000...reserve not met!!!!!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Wow. What else can you say!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    IMO, even if this putter looks authentic, it looks odd to me as this is not exactly like the one Tiger currently uses. The dot on the topline and the big dot in the cavity aren't the prettiest markings made by Scotty Cameron...Tiger Woods on the bumpers looks great though!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I'll have to look again, but I don't ever remember seeing a big red dot on the heel of Tiger's putters. I have seen one in the cavity on the back though. And Tiger on the bumpers, I don't remember seeing that either.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Did you read the letter from Scotty Cameron? It reads "Next to the red dot is Scotty Cameron in a vertical position, he only does this on Tiger's putters". If Scotty Cameron wrote that, why would he use "he"???? Just stood out to me.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Tiger's putter definitely has the cherry dots, they're often called Tiger Dots on other putters as his made them famous. The putter is authentic for sure, although the COA has some odd wording. On TCC the spec is about the scotty letter and how the COA doesn't actually say "made for Tiger". Might have been a replica Scotty did for Tiger to auction off for charity?

Shows how much I pay attention. But I'm with dasnutz on this one, if that's what constitutes as a letter of authenticity by Scotty, talk about easy to copy. Pretty sure I could do one of those today at work. Not too much on the sheet in the way of security measures.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Shows how much I pay attention. But I'm with dasnutz on this one, if that's what constitutes as a letter of authenticity by Scotty, talk about easy to copy. Pretty sure I could do one of those today at work. Not too much on the sheet in the way of security measures.
    The personal letter from Scotty is definitely suspect because of what Dasnutz mentions, as well as the lack of personalized letterhead. But the actual COA is real and legit. There are many more than 3 putters as well, although there may have only been three at that time. The question is when the putter was produced, not whether it's real.

I'm starting to put this togther now.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Prob a back up made for Tiger.. It was said that scotty made a couple for Tiger to try a while back and Tiger didn't like any of them.. He told Scotty that the sight dot on the top was too big.. Scotty didn't buy it.. But sure enough when he got to the studio he checked the drill bit and it was slightly warped.. The dots were all bigger by the smallest margin.. It was wild that Tiger picked it up.. I wish I could find that article..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I wish I had the money to buy thigs like this for fun.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    this putter is prolly real... there are more than 3 in existance, tiger ownes a bunch, scotty has one at the museum and one i believe was sold at a pro shop and was bought by someone. price tag was $25k at the time.

and this...

I custom-make three to four putters a year for Tiger. He wants backups. They're almost identical, but because I make them by hand, they aren't exact duplicates. Tiger likes a little dot on top of the putter, which I insert with a drill bit and then fill with paint. One day I get a call from Tiger. He says one of the dots on one of the putters is bigger than the others. I check them, and sure enough he's right -- it was too big by an almost immeasurable margin, about the thickness of a piece of paper. It so happens that every drill bit wobbles imperceptibly. I haven't made a putter for him since without that little dot on my mind.

so this putter is prolly one of tigers rejects
    Last edited by MusicMan; 02-21-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Tiger Woods Scotty Cameron Putter, the Ultimate Golf Gift?

It's the holiday season, and gift giving will soon be in full force. IMHO, finding a gift for a golfer is a relatively easy task. I can't think of another sport that has spawned such a wide array of products at virtually every price point. As a result, it's easy to find a golf gift for every budget. But what if you were Donald Trump? What regoddamndiculously expensive gift would you buy for that special golfer in your life?

Believe it or not, there are putters out there with asking prices that eclipse that of a nicely-equipped brand-spankin' new 5-Series BMW. The owner of a local golf shop here in Los Angeles is a close personal friend of Scotty Cameron, so he has a lot of "one-of-a-kind" and signed Cameron items for sale. I was at this store recently and snapped some photos of the most highly prized item, a backup to Tiger Woods' Scotty Cameron putter!

The people at this golf shop are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable in the business. They told me that Scotty crafts only a handful of custom putters with the exact specs for the great Tiger Woods. They even have a hand-written letter from Scotty himself as confirmation. Tiger typically takes a couple of these putters and leaves the rest for Scotty. Sometimes, Scotty will allow this store to sell one of these putters.

The putter in this picture is an exact copy of the Newport 2 303 GSS Cameron gamer that has resided in Tiger's bag since 1999. Notice the single large red dot on each side of the putter. This is a standard Cameron practice to denote a Tour putter. I was told that there are only 4 of this exact model in existence. Tiger has two (the gamer and a backup), Scotty has one, and this store has the fourth. It's truly a beautiful and rare piece of golf equipment.

But is this special putter really worth a luxury mid-size German sedan? I was told that a customer did pony up that kind of cash for a previous Tiger model. Remember, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Keep in mind that this isn't even a putter that Tiger has played. It's not even the backup to the putter that he plays. It's really the backup to the backup. You can only imagine the value of Tiger's gamer. Are we talking six figures?

But this is just one of the 14 clubs that fill Tiger's bag. Steve Williams must be carrying sticks worth many times more than their weight in gold. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Stevie lugs around a bag worth more than half-a-million dollars on his back. I just hope he read about my post about golf club thefts.

To anyone who may be considering giving me a Tiger Woods' club as a gift this holiday: I think that I'd rather have a bimmer...

http://grouchygolf.com/2005_12_01_archive.html

That golf shop has to be Plaza Golf and Rand Pallis, one of Scotty's three tour distributors. As for Tiger's actual gamer, it wouldn't be $500K, it would be more like a 7-8 figure piece of memorabilia if it were ever offered for sale (which it won't).

I think the ebay putter would bring a better price if the COA said made FOR Tiger.

oh dude if they sold tigers putter it would easily go for close to 10 million if not more... guys like trump or gates would be all over it!

I would say tigers gamer is priceless...

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    they said the same thing about Eric Claptons strat that sold for $950,500 USD

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post

priceless untill sold on Ebay!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Well of course everything has a price..

Thread Information