+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Anyone been to a NASCAR race

Just got back from my first live race and it was one of the neatest events I've ever been to. It wasn't the big daddy of races but was the Busch race at Daytona Speedway. Thought I'd start out small. Probably about 80 thousand people there and whoever thinks it's difficult getting out of the ScotiaBank Place after a hockey game hasn't seen anything. The race was fantastic and I'll tell you when you have 43 cars coming by at full throttle at the start the noise is amazing. Quite the setup at Daytona with huge screens and on going commentary so when something happens they will replay it from many different angles. I've always loved watching race on the tube but after watching one live it is something I'll never forget. My wife, who I thought would never want to see a race, really enjoyed it and wants to go back again next year. A great day but just don't be in a hurry to get out.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Just got back from my first live race and it was one of the neatest events I've ever been to. It wasn't the big daddy of races but was the Busch race at Daytona Speedway. Thought I'd start out small. Probably about 80 thousand people there and whoever thinks it's difficult getting out of the ScotiaBank Place after a hockey game hasn't seen anything. The race was fantastic and I'll tell you when you have 43 cars coming by at full throttle at the start the noise is amazing. Quite the setup at Daytona with huge screens and on going commentary so when something happens they will replay it from many different angles. I've always loved watching race on the tube but after watching one live it is something I'll never forget. My wife, who I thought would never want to see a race, really enjoyed it and wants to go back again next year. A great day but just don't be in a hurry to get out.
    Sounds like it was an exciting time!!!

Heard there is quite an "interesting" fan base.............

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

nascar

Daytona is quite the circus, we were there a couple years ago when jr. won and the whole place was going crazy. We were sitting pretty low so got a good view as
    43 cars came around in a group for the first few laps in a group...what a sound. Only problem being low at daytona is that you cant see the whole track well..2.5 miles makes it real hard to see whats happening on the other end, have to sit high...
    But what a circus...
    The best thing is to go to a smaller track, sit high and take it all in...we used to go to pinehurst(still do for golf) when they had races ar rockingham..it was about 15 minutes away from our condo...we would try to set it up so we could catch one of the races they had there, either spring or fall race, hey dont race there anymore...had to move to bigger markets...but it was a great combo...racing and golf...
    again, go to a smaller track, sit high and enjoy the whole thing//

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    The seats we had were high enough to see the back straight away and we had a great view of the last bunch of pit spots. We also got an hour and a half of the cup cars practicing which was also pretty neat.
    Heres a photo of the group coming past the start line.

Thread Information