100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar

Bumped at a Simulator

For other posters in London, I wonder if this has ever happened to you. At a local course, with a simulator, our tee-time got bumped today. We have been visiting the facility for over two years now, in the winter and for a few rounds in the summer.
    We booked a time two weeks ago, show up and they have given our time to another group. It was not a mistake, we saw the booking page. Our name was crossed out and another, a local group, was inserted. Unbelievable. Needless to say they will not be seeing any more of our dollars at the facility.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LHSteve View Post
    For other posters in London, I wonder if this has ever happened to you. At a local course, with a simulator, our tee-time got bumped today. We have been visiting the facility for over two years now, in the winter and for a few rounds in the summer.
    We booked a time two weeks ago, show up and they have given our time to another group. It was not a mistake, we saw the booking page. Our name was crossed out and another, a local group, was inserted. Unbelievable. Needless to say they will not be seeing any more of our dollars at the facility.
    Could it be that the time had been reserved before you and someone did not write the name down?

I am not defending this course, but I have played it several times and when it comes to tee times my groups have never been jerked around. We have always been treated with respect and pure professionalism from the staff at the course.

Did you take this matter up with the Manager? At least give him a chance to explain what happened. If you do not get a response then you can publicly run the place down. Many of us in the London area know exactly what location you are talking about. I think it would be nice to give the Management a chance to explain.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

It was not a booking mistake. When we booked it, in person two weeks ago there was no-one booked at the time. While we were at the course the person at the desk called the manager, we assumed, to discuss it. He knew who we were as we have been going there for two years +. He offered us a free use of the simulator next week. We declined. The proper thing to do, in our opinion, was to allow the group that booked the simulator first, which they acknowledged was us, to have the simulator.
    I have e-mailed the club, as of yet no response.

An update. I ran into the owner of the course at the London Golf Show last weekend. He was aware of what had happened and explained. It was a booking error. A person with the same first name as mine called to cancel their time and the course inadvertantly cancelled my time.
    The owner was quite apologetic and did make it right.

The course is now back in my good books.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Often talking to the owner is the best option. Mistakes happen.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information