100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practice balls

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Practice balls

Looking to buy some prectice balls to knock around in a nearby park. Something to keep my swing going and see some kind of results. Just wondering what people recommend: the foam balls with the hard interior, or the plastic whiffle ball style?

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    I picked up a box of 'Almost Golf' P3 practice balls and they are awesome. http://www.p3golf.com/
    The only problem is they are tough to find, I called them and was told they don't have a distributor in Canada.
    I called all over Ottawa, Golf town said they have them in 3 packs but had none in stock, I finaly found somebody on 4gea that was selling a box and scooped em up right away.

Thanks..those things look pretty cool. Now to see if I can find any.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    yeah ive used those... just make sure there isnt any wind

or check these out... im sure these will last you a life time

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=21331

Pitching Wedge Golftime is on a distinguished road

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Looking to buy some prectice balls to knock around in a nearby park. Something to keep my swing going and see some kind of results. Just wondering what people recommend: the foam balls with the hard interior, or the plastic whiffle ball style?
    This was a trick question since you should not be hitting golf balls in a park.
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

i do hope you're kidding.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMGA View Post
    I picked up a box of 'Almost Golf' P3 practice balls and they are awesome. http://www.p3golf.com/
    The only problem is they are tough to find, I called them and was told they don't have a distributor in Canada.
    I called all over Ottawa, Golf town said they have them in 3 packs but had none in stock, I finaly found somebody on 4gea that was selling a box and scooped em up right away.
    It is odd that they state the ball travel 1/3 the distance of a real ball, but their chart indicates it travels at 1/2 the distance. Also, the chart indicates a wedge shot travels 50 yards, but they say the ball is perfect for your backyard. I don't know about you guys, but my backyard isn't 50 yards long.

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    It is odd that they state the ball travel 1/3 the distance of a real ball, but their chart indicates it travels at 1/2 the distance. Also, the chart indicates a wedge shot travels 50 yards, but they say the ball is perfect for your backyard. I don't know about you guys, but my backyard isn't 50 yards long.
    Good find, I've never noticed that, I got roped in by the infomercial. I'm not sure of the full distance yet as I just got a pack 2 weeks ago and have been using them in the basement for chipping practice....ceilings are too short for full swings . I think the reference to the backyard practicing has to do with the ball safety...won't break your neighbor’s windows when you hit a bad chip. Although it would be great to have a backyard that big, until you had to mow it

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Ya, I noticed that too, but seeing as I don't have any back yard, it wasn't an issue for me.

7 Wood Stephen is on a distinguished road

Birdie Ball

I have been using a product called birdie ball. They work really well in the park and travel around 30 yards with a fairway wood and have no roll.

The birdie ball gives instant feed back on a good or bad swing ie. slice or hook.

The also have a turbine type sound when hit correctly.

They look like a heavy duty napkin holder and you hit them with the cylinder facing up. I think it is a great product. It actually helped with my tempo, everytime I hit the birdie ball hard it would slice. If I maintained a good temp it would fly straight. You can also use them to work on a draw or fade.

Good luck with your practice.

9 Iron Sparks is on a distinguished road Sparks's Avatar
    I saw those "Almost Golf" practice balls at Sportchek at Place D'Orleans. They likely have 'em at other Sportcheks as well. The concept seems to make sense to me, but they seemed a bit pricey!
    "I used to relax on the weekends... then I started playing golf."

6 Iron daveyc is on a distinguished road
    I picked up a dozen of these at golf town last year. Great product and really does give great feedback on your shot (hook, slice etc.).

My only complaint would be that the wind play havoc with these things

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I have been using a product called birdie ball. They work really well in the park and travel around 30 yards with a fairway wood and have no roll.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I would rec. the birdie ball as well.. Cool product gives good feedback.. Def. odd hitting something that looks like a napkin holder..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Thread Information