CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies?

bassman
    HI
    My hobbies are , winter= play ball hockey, curling, think about golf, : spring/summer, play softball, coach ball hockey, coach 2 teams of soccer, fish and of course play as much golf as I can , the 2 boys keep me going non-stop as they play everything at school and outside of it including golf.
    Also collect diecast moving van trucks and advertising banks.
    If only I didn't have to work, I may have time for myself........

Mike999
    good thread.

I also am a fairly avid guitarist. I own a Epiphone Les Paul Custom (limited edition Silver Burst ala. Adam Jones from Tool), and a 2006 Fender Highway One stratocaster, and I have a 60watt Line6 Spider 1 2x12" (yes...a spider 1....ghetto)

I don't have any pictures of the amp or les paul...because the amp is fugly, and I got the les paul only a couple months ago.

I generally use my les paul...it feels a lot nicer...which kind of amuses me, because the strat cost a whole lot more. I have the les paul tuned normally, and the strat tuned a half step down, which saves a lot of hassle for some stuff I like to play.

Im generally into pretty heavy rock/punk rock music, such as Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, and Audioslave. (Tom Morrello is my favorite guitarist)

What else...well, this probably has ZERO appeal to anybody on here, but I competitively play the video game Counterstrike: Source. It's pretty fun....its almost like a job. We usually have a practice 4 times per week, plus have our matches on Mondays. The season began just a couple weeks ago, and there are 8 match seasons (+ playoffs), thus far we are 3 - 0.......we'll see how it goes...there's a rediculously surprising amount of money for the top teams to win....which we hope become. www.esfclan.net

Um...oh, I make pasta at Zolas Restaurant in bells corners....and serve customers in the pasta shop......it isnt a hobby...but I spend a lot of time doing it.

oh, and I golf.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Keeping our 2 year old boy/girl twins and a 4 year old girl entertained...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

hobbies

Now there is a hobbie worth spending time on. As a new grandfather i can assure you that i feel your pain but, enjoy the moment cause like they say ; time does fly by quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Keeping our 2 year old boy/girl twins and a 4 year old girl entertained...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Hobbies

Wow, nice clear finish on the axe.Now i am getting excited again.I also have had a few Gibsons in my day,( 4 Les Pauls, 1 ES 335) i still come back to the Strat.My style of music is all over so one nite im doing rock,the next im doing country, the next can be diner and dance cocktail music, lounge etc..I find the Strat crosses easily into all these styles. Did i mention that i love that color?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike999 View Post
    good thread.

I also am a fairly avid guitarist. I own a Epiphone Les Paul Custom (limited edition Silver Burst ala. Adam Jones from Tool), and a 2006 Fender Highway One stratocaster, and I have a 60watt Line6 Spider 1 2x12" (yes...a spider 1....ghetto)

I don't have any pictures of the amp or les paul...because the amp is fugly, and I got the les paul only a couple months ago.

I generally use my les paul...it feels a lot nicer...which kind of amuses me, because the strat cost a whole lot more. I have the les paul tuned normally, and the strat tuned a half step down, which saves a lot of hassle for some stuff I like to play.

Im generally into pretty heavy rock/punk rock music, such as Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, and Audioslave. (Tom Morrello is my favorite guitarist)

What else...well, this probably has ZERO appeal to anybody on here, but I competitively play the video game Counterstrike: Source. It's pretty fun....its almost like a job. We usually have a practice 4 times per week, plus have our matches on Mondays. The season began just a couple weeks ago, and there are 8 match seasons (+ playoffs), thus far we are 3 - 0.......we'll see how it goes...there's a rediculously surprising amount of money for the top teams to win....which we hope become. www.esfclan.net

Um...oh, I make pasta at Zolas Restaurant in bells corners....and serve customers in the pasta shop......it isnt a hobby...but I spend a lot of time doing it.

oh, and I golf.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike999 View Post
    good thread.

nice set of strings man! ive used a line6 spider one... lol, its not that ghetto, ghetto compared to my Marshall love the blue finish... when i bought my Les Paul it was between the quilt blue, guilt red, and quilt amber... well i walked out with the amber... but they were all equally gorgeous... just named my Paul this morning officially "Samara"... what your axe's name? its bad luck to have a sick guitar with now name...

Mike999
    I appreciate the compliments. You're quazi-correct about the amp Jarred, it isnt THAT bad. The recto and crunch channels are great, but I don't really like the clean or insane channels. insane isnt "insane" enough for me. I would have liked for it to be a bit more scratchy, but Im not going to complain....I bought it used for 300 bucks about 5 years ago.

Oh, and Silver bullets are the best. I'm not really a great guitarist, and hardly know anything about strings, or could appreciate much difference, but since switching to em just over a year ago, I havent broken a single string. I havent really looked at strings for my LP yet, because it came with a spare set, and I just threw them on 2 weeks ago.

I purchased a Line6 PodXT, but sold it within a couple months because I found I spent too much time fiddling, and not enough time playing...so I only use the amp models, and I have a foot pedal for channel switching. I've really wanted to pick up the new Spider III 75 watt model, because my friend bought the little 30 watt model, and I LOVE the sound my guitars had through that little amp...but 30watts is too little in many cases.

About the names...the LP is nameless...but the strat...well...it isnt really appropriate...but its (female dog)face....its a really dumb inside joke Ive had going with my best friend since I first started playing guitar when I was 13 and idiotic. He dared me to name my Godin SD that,...it still makes for a pretty decent ice breaker when somebody asks me about it.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    My Hobbies are collecting coins and gems, h.o. trains and R.C. cars, planes and tanks etc...

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Here's my new baby, an Epi Les Paul (with the weird finish I was talking about a couple weeks ago). This thing sings like an angel, despite my lack of skill. Still looking for the perfect name.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Rebuilding a 1985 Yamaha RZ500. It is a v4 liquid cooled two stroke. My first street bike as a Kawasaki KH400 and I grew to love two strokes. My dad has an ATV and never uses it so I play around on that too.

My wife always finds something for me to do as well.

Smile Hobbies

Hi Jonff, nice looking axe, i believe the top is birds eye maple.Am i right on assuming this? As for a name have you tought of naming it for someone special in your life.I just picked up a Stratocaster last month and named it SURVIVOR because of my sister has cancer and she is fighting it out right now. Just a thought.Seems like the right thing to do.
    Cheers
    mark

quote=jonf;171338]Here's my new baby, an Epi Les Paul (with the weird finish I was talking about a couple weeks ago). This thing sings like an angel, despite my lack of skill. Still looking for the perfect name.[/quote]

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    My hobbies include playing music. I have an American made (not the cheap Mexican made) Fender Telecaster, 1975 Martin D-35, Takamine cutaway, Yamaha acoustic, Classical guitar, Mandoline, Auththentic 1977 Dobro. I love to write lyrics and compose the music. Of course you all know that my passion is collecting golf gear and club making. I don't have the space to write all what I have in that, but #1 hobbie is golf. I also love to hunt and fish.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Here's my new baby, an Epi Les Paul (with the weird finish I was talking about a couple weeks ago). This thing sings like an angel, despite my lack of skill. Still looking for the perfect name.
    pimp jon! now we gotta get you a kickin amp to go with that...

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    1975 Martin D-35.
    still waiting for your to sell that to me...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Is buying, selling and trading golf clubs considered a hobby?????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Or a sickness. Depends on whose opinion you ask

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Or a sickness. Depends on whose opinion you ask
    Or a public service! Again, depends on who you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Hi Jonff, nice looking axe, i believe the top is birds eye maple.Am i right on assuming this? As for a name have you tought of naming it for someone special in your life.I just picked up a Stratocaster last month and named it SURVIVOR because of my sister has cancer and she is fighting it out right now. Just a thought.Seems like the right thing to do.
    Cheers
    mark
    I've checked it out on the net, and you're right, that's exactly what it is. I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out what they called the finish, as the guy I bought it from didn't have a clue. I'm still looking to pick up a pick guard for it, as well as a nob for the selector switch (which is missing).

As for the amp, Jarred, that's a long way down the list of priorities at the moment, but maybe once I have a job and a few rounds of golf under my belt.

I'm still looking to pick up a pick guard for it, as well as a nob for the selector switch (which is missing)
    DONT GET A PICKGUARD!!!!!!! it ruins the look!!!!

I love the pick guard. Its a part of the whole Les Paul feel.

I love the pick guard. Its a part of the whole Les Paul feel.
    yuk... but its not my guitar you do what ever pleases you

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Hey guys/gals,

Back again for another golf season, my hobbies are playing poker, and photography. Right now I'm trying to find couples to shoot to get a little more experience in the engagement / wedding photography area.... hopefully to take it to a little business. But we'll see!!!
    Man I can't wait to golf again!

ciao for now

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    I believe you already have named it and if you want to hear it moan, hook to a Soldano ( http://www.soldano.com/ ) with a 4x12 cabinet and let your angel, be a bad girl.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

HAHA... i dont think Jon has 3g's+ to spend on an amp right now

Ive used soldano's sick sound!!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing, although it seems to be more buying for me lately.

In the winter I like to pass the time in the Rockies snowboarding, or just going away on weekends with my girlfriend. When I was in Ottawa, I used to play a fairly high level of men's league hockey and roller hockey in the summer and winter, but haven't joined anything yet out here in Edmonton.

These days, I find myself spending a lot of time thinking about how I wish this winter would end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    HAHA... i dont think Jon has 3g's+ to spend on an amp right now

Ive used soldano's sick sound!!
    I guess when you get free hand me downs, you don't realize what they're worth. Makes me think I should sell mine. NOT
    They can be had a little cheaper than 3g's, if your buying.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Soldano-50wt-4x1...QQcmdZViewItem

Mule
    Member of the TGN Team

so the combo is 2g's CDN

you need a head and a cab to take advantage of the full Soldano sound.

Head = 2g's
    Cab = 1g

what you got? Ill trade you for a Marshall MG100DFX

so the combo is 2g's CDN

you need a head and a cab to take advantage of the full Soldano sound.

Head = 2g's
    Cab = 1g

what you got? Ill trade you for a Marshall MG100DFX
    A modified Soldano SLO-100 (done in the Soldano Custom shop by Michael Soldano for Warren Haynes) on top of a 4x12 Marshall cabinet with Celestion speakers.
    I don't think a trade will be happeing. If he ever asked for it back I'd be
    Mule
    Member of the TGN Team

Who Are You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Are You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jarred,
    Maybe if we get time, I'll tell you that story at the Ryder Cup event.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team

Thread Information