139 48.60%
  • Planning on doing so in the future

75 26.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Email from Don

Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Gave Artison a email last week thursday? I think? Have yet to recieve a response
    Both times I emailed Don this year it has taken him a week to get back to me, he is very busy this time of year with fittings and club making.

5 Iron semperfi45 is on a distinguished road semperfi45's Avatar

Thumbs up

Call Don, he'll get back to you more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Gave Artison a email last week thursday? I think? Have yet to recieve a response
    Semper fi,
    [URL="http://www.swingsyncgolf.ca"]www.swingsyncgolf.ca[/URL]

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Just fitted last week, and I am happy with the results. Especially with the 22* hybrid he made me.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I keep neglecting to do this... yet I know I need to get this done. With 30+ rounds under my belt this year I feel as though I've found my grove, so it's time to mess it all up again with fitting and another round of lessons lol

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar

Thumbs up

So to refresh this old thread ,
    i just got my clubs back from Les ( MAXXFIT GOLF ) aka downhillslider on the forum, and i'll be totally honest the difference is astonishing.

We went to the range with his launch monitor and worked out what i needed in shafts , and i let the man do his stuff.
    I hit the ball with a fairly penetrating flight with my cleveland CG7 tours DG s300 . I found the clubs to be a little stiff and unresponsive for my swing ,although i loved the club design and look , i didn't want to go for a total rebuild and purchase new.
    Anyway without getting too technical , Les adjusted the clubs to the data that we collected at the range .

The difference is staggering ! High launching , easy , consistant , straight ,and longer shots , with all of the irons that he adjusted . I just had to replicate the swing and the shots were effortless of the club face.
    Those who are still debating about getting fitted , take it from someone who has played golf for many years , don't waste anymore time .
    I can't wait to get on a course .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    i totally agree, i borrowed a set of stock titliest ap2's from a friend the other day for a round and couldn't hit a single good shot with them, went back to my fitted set of golfsmiths and everything was back to normal.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Putter jammykirsten is on a distinguished road
    I began to realize the importance of lie angle and directional control due to the correct or incorrect lie angle. Length is a no brainer - they have to fit you and you alone.

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road
    I Love this poll. I asked a similar question a few years ago and got the same results. No one said they got fitted and their handicap dropped by any significant amount. Lots of discussion about the importance of fitting etc but very little response to the part of the question that asks about improvement in your game as measured by lower scores . It seems to me that if fitting is so important there would be some serious evidence that it has a big impact on your handicap which is really the only reason to do it. So any hard, lowering of handicap evidence for the impact of fitting on lowering scores.
    tap in

Lowering your handicap.

To lower your handicap, work on your swing, work on your short game, work on your putting. Then get fitted clubs and you should lower your handicap. "It's the swing stupid", I was told once.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Well, I figure that the analysis is probably between 50 to 100, depending on who's doing it, and how many clubs I'm getting analysed. And then, if the changes are actually significant, I assume that I'll be spending at least another 200 to 300 on making those changes (at least).

Wow I am glad I live where I do. Club fitting is free here. At least it was for me, twice, no wait 3 times.

No maybe you will be charged if you are not buying new irons etc from the fitter.

Of course you can go to TaylorMade and spend $200-250 for the computerized fitting. BUT if you do that and buy new TM irons most of that is refunded to you.

Most Club Pros will fit you for free if you buy irons from them. Mine did, no charge.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I believe most club makers will do the fitting for free if you buy your clubs from them. Charge for the fitting and refund with the purchase. I don't charge for fitting and I don't believe Lyle Alexander, or Don Irving charge for fitting.

Lyle didn't charge me for fitting of my first set of fitted clubs years ago. Unless the fitting price was factored in the price. I don't believe it was though.

Gap Wedge careyhrrs67 is on a distinguished road careyhrrs67's Avatar
    don't need one big chief,,because i dont have to guess myself!! i fit myself as i play,, before any questions,just think on how you could do just that!!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Here is an interesting view on fitting from a club maker/fitter in England:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...st__p__3700479
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Putter Gooder is on a distinguished road
    I charge $150.00 to do an iron fitting (which lasts on average 3-4 hours), a driver fitting is the same amount. If both are done in the same session the fee is $200.00......... IF and only IF the fella hasn't run him/herself out of gas and can still swing consistently well. The fitting fee is charged whether the person purchases clubs or not, and the fitting fee is NOT refunded with a purchase. I'd love to, but as a business person who has about $25K+++ worth of fitting equipment (heads, shafts, launch monitor, laptops, etc etc etc) something HAS to pay for all of that gear or I wouldn't be there to fit clubs for you. I'm not concerned about the big box retail stores, 'cuz I truly believe that the stuff I send out the door of my shop is leaps and bounds superior to the off-the-rack stuff.

Do you go to work and work a random day here and there for free??? Heck no - if you go to work, you expect to be paid for what you do, it's only fair. Same principal applies as a clubfitter too - if I work, I expect to be fairly paid for my work (knowledge and experience included in that too), I'm using several thousand bucks worth of gear to fit you properly, I just can't give it away. I'm very up-front with the fees I charge for fittings - nobody gets upset as they know full well up front what is involved. When they leave from a fitting, they are all smiling ('cuz we have some fun, and learn several things through the process) - they can't wait to get their hands onto their new clubs. A good and proper fitting session is well worth the fee charged. Just my humble $.02

Regards,

Bert

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    So to refresh this old thread ,
    i just got my clubs back from Les ( MAXXFIT GOLF ) aka downhillslider on the forum, and i'll be totally honest the difference is astonishing.

We went to the range with his launch monitor and worked out what i needed in shafts , and i let the man do his stuff.
    I hit the ball with a fairly penetrating flight with my cleveland CG7 tours DG s300 . I found the clubs to be a little stiff and unresponsive for my swing ,although i loved the club design and look , i didn't want to go for a total rebuild and purchase new.
    Anyway without getting too technical , Les adjusted the clubs to the data that we collected at the range .

The difference is staggering ! High launching , easy , consistant , straight ,and longer shots , with all of the irons that he adjusted . I just had to replicate the swing and the shots were effortless of the club face.
    Those who are still debating about getting fitted , take it from someone who has played golf for many years , don't waste anymore time .
    I can't wait to get on a course .
    I have to agree Will, he made my first set and has been a constant with my equipment ever since. He and I will be hitting the outdoor range soon to tweak my new irons to make sure they are right for my swing. A guy like Les is invaluable to making sure that your equipment is top notch for YOU!. I recently saw a video from The club fix where they took all the stats from an OEM custom fitting. This guy had paid plenty to get TOUR fitted. The results were atrocious, flexes all over the place, lie angles were incorrect and even some lofts. The Club Fix shows how important it is to have your exact specs for your clubs and Les is my guy.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sounds like a long time to me Bert. Do you have the client use every club? Do you have a web site? What equipment do you use when fitting? Thanks for your post.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

His site

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi45 View Post
    Sounds like a long time to me Bert. Do you have the client use every club? Do you have a web site? What equipment do you use when fitting? Thanks for your post.
    http://goodergolf.com/

Putter Poster_Boy is on a distinguished road
    I've been looking into getting fitted recently. Haven't been able to decide on a place. Would any of you fine people have any recommendations? Preferably a place that is outdoors as I would like to be able to see the ball flight.

EDIT:

Scratch that, found a place haha.
    Last edited by Poster_Boy; 06-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Downhillslider adjusted my irons and they are now flying the way I expected them to, this is the main reason to get fitted. You can get clubs right off the rack that are way off the specs they show on the websites. I had 2 Nickent drivers, one showing 9.5 loft and the other 10.5 loft, the latter was bang on the 9.5 was over 10.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge hoganblades is on a distinguished road hoganblades's Avatar
    I was told $240US for a driver fitting at a Connecticut, US, golf shop without the purchase of a driver. Ouch! But, it would be included in the price of the driver if I bought it from them.

I work with a lie board at the range and bend my irons myself. (DIY guy.) Driver, I tried my driver head with a few different shafts, and found the one that works most consistently for me. Same with FW woods.

It would interest me to know precisely my numbers for all my clubs. But, here around NYC, the cost is ridiculous.

Cheers!

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Received this email the other day might be of interest to snowbirds on the gulf:

,Join us at GolfTEC

Come to GolfTEC Westshore on Tuesday February 19th, from 2:00 to 6:00 to try out the 2013 TaylorMade R1 and RBZ Stage 2 clubs and receive a Free fitting from the TaylorMade staff.

Feel free to bring in your existing equipment and compare it to the new TaylorMade line of drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and irons.

Event Details

Date/Time: Tuesday, February 19th, 2:00 - 6:00
    Special Offers: Free Fitting from TaylorMade Tech Reps
    RSVP: Don Costanzo, dcostanzo@golftec.com, 813-202-8516

Putter jamie b is on a distinguished road
    Why would anybody drop a couple of g's on clubs and buy them off the rack? A couple of buddies went to one of the big box golf stores
    and they were both told they are within the 15% who can buy clubs off the rack.Their swings are so opposite there is no way that statement makes any sense.

Putter SubParGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Good luck in finding someone who knows what they are doing. My two attempts were disasters. One was 1/2 inch shorter with regular flex shafts and the other was standard length with stiff shaft. Can't be much worse than that!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubParGolfer View Post
    Good luck in finding someone who knows what they are doing. My two attempts were disasters. One was 1/2 inch shorter with regular flex shafts and the other was standard length with stiff shaft. Can't be much worse than that!
    Tell us more. How did the fitter(s) go about it? I may be wrong but it sounds as though the fitting was very basic.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Lob Wedge eagleput is on a distinguished road
    yes full fitting is the only way to go

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    RE: Jamie B;

As a certified fitter (by various companies) there is only so much a fitter can accomplish for golfers. My questions about your two very different friends would be what's their index, their height, their wrist to floor, flight tendencies, weakness and strengths to the game? These could be indications as to why they are considered the "15% that can be off the shelf" (which by the way I've never read a published stat of how many people can be fit as "stock" I would imagine it's even lower than that).

Getting to my point though, a lot of the time I'm faced with golfers who struggle to break 100 and they come to a fitter in anticipation that this is the resolution to all their issues (usually because a friend or colleague has suggested they be fit).

Now I'm not suggesting that a fitting won't help (9 times out of 10 it will), but if an individual has so many inconsistencies ie; one shot off the toe and the next off the heel and the lie board illustrates the same notion on the sole, what's a fitter to do? Pick one of those 4 indicators and hope they player does that the most? And when they hit the opposite of what they've been fit for, their shot is miserable.

So a lot of the time we're forced to split the difference until the player attains lessons (also advice I suggest prior to purchasing new clubs) or gains more consistency and we can fit more in depth than the traditional: length/shaft flex/set make-up/graphite or steel.

For anyone looking for local (I use the term loosely) there's a fantastic facility in Mississauga called "Modern Golf". I've attached the rates link as well, however; I'm not sure if they are still current.

http://www.moderngolf.ca/
    http://www.moderngolf.ca/fitting-services.html

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    I've heard great stuff about modern golf and golf lab!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Finally got a fitting done, thanks to Les (downhillslider) over at Maxxfit Golf. What a difference! It was the first full round of the year so the front 9 had its moments but I shot a 40 on the back 9 and that included a quadruple bogey where I got myself into trouble and went "full stupid" instead of cutting my losses...lol

Not one miss on any full iron shots all day....that's never happened before. Poor shot selections, yes, but I hit it cleanly all day...

Lob Wedge greenstreak is on a distinguished road
    a little late to the ball . but I have read comments on here about how could you ever learn how to golf with improperly fit clubs. When you first start out at any age the first thing to learn is how to hit the ball not how to swing the club. Everyone has to figure out how they can swing the club to hit the ball. So at this point clubs don't need to be fit for you as you have not developed a swing. Once you play enough to have formed your swing then it might be time to get a fitting. I myself have never been fitted but want to get it done. I talk about it often but still have not found anyone who does it in my area.

9 Iron rutkay is on a distinguished road
    Only comment I would make is maybe lessons first then do the fitting. Depend on the skill level, I could see significant swing changes occurring from lessons that could render a prior fitting obsolesce.

Thread Information