CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge Dohboy is on a distinguished road

Comments/reviews on the HS9

Does anyone here own/use an HS9 (Lobwedge, please chime in )? If so, what did you think in terms of ball flight, workability, drive distance, shaft, etc? I'm thinking of picking one up and would love to hear everyone's opinion.

I've taken a couple of swings with it at GT and found that, even swinging at 50% of my normal speed (nursing a shoulder injury) and having not touched a club in 2 months, it was almost as long as my normal drive. Granted GT's sims are not accurate, but using the launch angle and ball speed as a check, the distance appeared reasonable.

Thanks!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    The one I hit in the summer had the stock Graphite Design shaft, and I found the tip to be too active like the NVS. It made the ball upshoot too much for my liking. That being said, it was a stiff in the "F" 10° head. Feel wise it was very muted and smooth. Workability is pretty much non-existent. At the time it had one of the highest MOI of any driver (pre square), so you really have to go out of your way to bend it. I haven't had a chance to hit my new one yet, but I'm guessing that with an X-stiff V2 and the 9° "X" head, the trajectory will be more my speed.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information