CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    . So I don't think its my driving habits.
    Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, do you really expect that comment to be left alone? GO FOR IT HACKER!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Does driving skill sound better?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, do you really expect that comment to be left alone? GO FOR IT HACKER!
    I'm going to take it easy for 2 reasons:

1. I don't think Geoff changes cars like he does drivers and
    2. He lives right around the corner from me and I'd rather not have is clutchless car rammed into the side of my 1 year old truck

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hi Geoff,having worked in dealerships for 20 years or so as a technician and claims officer before i switched trades, my advice to you is get in touch with chrysler canada and explain the situation.i am sure they will try to help you out but dont expect them to pay the whole deal.Also the dealer that you deal with have warranty quotas and they cant exceed them.This has happened to a lot of people in the past and the last dealer i worked for would make a special deal with the manufacturer to get the problem solved.Again if you do not are not happy with the settlement you can always go to small claims court and fight it out.Good luck with this.
    Mark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey Bud---I agree with Hoolio and Marcos--go right to the top. I really would not waste my time talking to a person that does not have the authority to answer your question. I know GM has an Ottawa office; I am sure Chrysler does too or at least an area service rep. You might also check to see if there was a "hidden recall" regarding the original problem, and yes a clutch plate should last for more than a year. One other thing---check your repair bill---if the clutch plate was replaced--a new throw-out bearing should have been installed as well--you never install one without the other because they work as a pair. Good luck.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    A little update to my situation. After a few emails back and forth I had an appointment set up to have the car looked at and taken for a test run. And what do you know, the car decides to be on its best behaviour and not act up. Isn't that always the case.

Anyways, afterwards the service manager was more than kind enough to offer an open door to bring the car back if it ever does it again. But after a little discussion everyone was lead to believe that it could've been caused by something else.

Regardless, I'd like to thank the dealership for taking fast actions in an attempt to rectify my problem. The service manager and general manager were more than helpful in trying to satisfy me.

And thanks to all of those that offered solutions and helped me out via pms.

As a side note, the car has not once had a re-occurrence since I visited the dealership. I must've scared all the gremlins out of it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information