100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Eagle Creek Sold To Clublink

The Official announcement was posted this afternoon by 3Jack.
    Let the discussion begin (or continue.......)!!!
    http://www.clublink.ca/eaglecreekpro...vemembers.html

3Jack
    On tour

It has been announced... http://clublink.ca/eaglecreekhome.html

Platinum level... $13,500 initiation...

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Saw it on the 6pm news as well.

$13500 + $3425 annual + food & bev.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Just like I predicted. Bellow 15000$
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Info on transfers ... based on this Kanata members could transfer for $1350.

"A Membership may be transferred to any other ClubLink Club, subject to the applicable upgrade and transfer fees. The upgrade fee is the difference in the first level Membership Fee of the Member's Home Club and the first level Membership Fee of the Club the Member is transferring into, at that time. The transfer fee is equal to 10% of the first level Membership Fee of the Club the Member is transferring into, at the time of transfer. If transferring to a Club of equal or lower value, the Member would only be subject to the applicable transfer fee."
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    Info on transfers ... based on this Kanata members could transfer for $1350.

"A Membership may be transferred to any other ClubLink Club, subject to the applicable upgrade and transfer fees. The upgrade fee is the difference in the first level Membership Fee of the Member's Home Club and the first level Membership Fee of the Club the Member is transferring into, at that time. The transfer fee is equal to 10% of the first level Membership Fee of the Club the Member is transferring into, at the time of transfer. If transferring to a Club of equal or lower value, the Member would only be subject to the applicable transfer fee."
    Prepare for a MASS EXODUS from Kanata if its only $1,350!! How can you even compare the two courses.

Playing Winter Rules RBAKER is on a distinguished road RBAKER's Avatar
    I've played Kanata ( not a fan) I like Greyhawk and HP. How is Eagle Creek? please describe it. I'm excited. Going into Ottawa August long weekend.
    My wife and I are still remembering Kanata last summer. I thought I was in a public park.
    Membership- GlenCairn Golf Club

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBAKER View Post
    I've played Kanata ( not a fan) I like Greyhawk and HP. How is Eagle Creek? please describe it. I'm excited. Going into Ottawa August long weekend.
    My wife and I are still remembering Kanata last summer. I thought I was in a public park.
    Eagle Creek ranked 75th in top 100 courses in Canada. Championship course through and through. Some of the other forum members may have some pics they can post and give a good overall description of the course.

As a non-clublink member, I played Kanata last summer in a charity tournament and was VERY DISAPPOINTED. Here are my comments from a previous post.

"last year I had the chance to play in another charity tournament, which was held at Kanata Lakes. I thought, great I will now be playing on a Platinum
    Clublink course. Again I was very disappointed from the inability to hit a driver or any long clubs at the range, (if thats what you want to call it). Then the course seemed to have no imagination as it wound its way around the back yards of Kanata Lakes. The finishing hole #18 was so "weak".......
    However, what really struck me was I never felt I was on a golf course. It felt like I was in someone's backyard or public park. We had to wait a number of times for High School students to stop crossing the fairways. Apparently, they use it as a short cut to get home from school.........There did not seem to be any Marshall's to get them off the course. And when you are trying to address a shot and a lady is "whipper snipping" her backyard weeds a few yards from you, that just doesn't cut it."

bbad
    EC....by far the nicest course around Ottawa (barring a few of the private courses). You're very much out in the middle of nowhere (bring bug spray if that's a hint ) Far better than Kanata!!!! I'm hoping that sooner (or later) that Talon will be in somewhat the same shape, but I'm not holding my breath.

Greens are very fast, roll nice...Has some fantastic holes that demand some very exacting shots. Missing the fairway there can be penal...even hitting the fairway but being on the wrong side can also be penal. If you play the tips...bring along a bottle of asparin and a lots of beer.

My take on this is that it is definitely a second shot golf course. None of the fairways are so narrow that you can't bomb it out there, but if you do, you better make sure that you have a shot at the green to attack some of the flags.

Very much a risk/reward structured golf course with very few blind shots. If you liked HP and GH, you'll LOVE the creek!!!!

Just my 2 cents.

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbad View Post
    EC....by far the nicest course around Ottawa (barring a few of the private courses). You're very much out in the middle of nowhere (bring bug spray if that's a hint ) Nowhere near what Kanata is. I'm hoping that sooner (or later) that Talon will be in somewhat the same shape, but I'm not holding my breath.

Greens are very fast, roll nice...Has some fantastic holes that demand some very exacting shots. Missing the fairway there can be penal...even hitting the fairway but being on the wrong side can also be penal. If you play the tips...bring along a bottle of asparin and a lots of beer.

My take on this is that it is definitely a second shot golf course. None of the fairways are so narrow that you can't bomb it out there, but if you do, you better make sure that you have a shot at the green to attack some of the flags.

Very much a risk/reward structured golf course with very few blind shots. If you liked HP and GH, you'll LOVE the creek!!!!

Just my 2 cents.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Nice clubhouse and range too.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    ClubLink Acquires Ottawa's Eagle Creek Golf Club
    16:34 EST Monday, February 12, 2007

KING CITY, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Feb. 12, 2007) - ClubLink Corporation ("ClubLink") (TSX:LNK) is pleased to announce that it has completed the acquisition of Eagle Creek Golf Club set on 230 acres of land in Dunrobin, Ontario. Andre Lacasse, the vendor, said "Given ClubLink's long history of enhancing the reputation and appeal of its golf course properties, I couldn't be happier than to have ClubLink acquire our course."

Since opening in 1991, Eagle Creek, designed by former U.S. Open Champion and Golf Analyst, Ken Venturi, has been recognized as one of the top 100 courses in Canada and the premier course in the National Capital Region.

Eagle Creek will become ClubLink's 28th member golf club in 2008 and will be operated as a Platinum level member club. Memberships will be accepted at introductory rates immediately by calling 1-800-787-0617. In 2007, Eagle Creek will be operated as a semi-private club, available to Eagle Creek Members, other ClubLink Members, the general public, and corporate or charitable events.

Eagle Creek complements an outstanding selection of ClubLink Golf Clubs including Kanata, GreyHawk and Hautes Plaines in our Nation's Capital, and our 23 properties in the Greater Toronto Area and Muskoka Region. Additionally, Eagle Creek is only a short drive from our Clubs in the Montreal Market which include Fontainebleau, Le Maitre and Val des Lacs.

Robert Poile, President and Chief Executive Officer of ClubLink, said: "We believe that Eagle Creek enhances the fine cluster of courses that we have developed in the National Capital Region and demonstrates our continued commitment to this important market. We believe that ClubLink members will particularly enjoy the challenge offered by this terrific golf experience."

ClubLink is Canada's largest owner, operator and developer of member golf clubs.
    As stated above, the course will be accessible to the public for 2007 but not after... Public golfers, get your rounds in now.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Prepare for a MASS EXODUS from Kanata if its only $1,350!! How can you even compare the two courses.
    Yeah, that would be a no brainer for me if I was a Kanata member.

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    I have been contemplating joining CL but now I am excited... this will definately influence my decision .....I am not a big fan of KL but now with Grey Hawk and Eagle Creek available how could I not!!! sign me up!

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS EVENING.........???

There was more action on the speculation thread than on this one.....

This is probably the biggest Golf announcement to hit the Region in years and there have been only #12 posts. There was more than #12 posts (and some unfortunate name calling...) in 1 hour, when I and others posted info on what was happening a few weeks back.

Perhaps some people are in shock, denial, or calling 1-800-CLUBLINK for a membership???

The weather thread is getting more action than this story tonight.....and its -17C outside.

Probably stems from the fact that the speculation thread got to the point where everyone was resigned to the fact that EC would go to clublink, even before the official announcement. Most people have already done their venting in there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Probably stems from the fact that the speculation thread got to the point where everyone was resigned to the fact that EC would go to clublink, even before the official announcement. Most people have already done their venting in there.
    Yes, understood the venting...............

Whats the old saying "don't shoot the messenger......."

more importantly, don't shoot him twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    more importantly, don't shoot him twice.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Better resolution than google - you can almost see the bugs

http://apps104.ottawa.ca/emap/ic_startPage.aspx

look up 109, Royal Troon, then click on Air Photos 2002.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I found this statement interesting:

CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS
    A $1 million capital expenditure plan will be implemented over the next two golf seasons which will include beautification of the entrance statement, clubhouse and golf course.

Maybe the Clubhouse won't be yellow anymore...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Hacker wrote in another post about the entrance fees to EC being high. This is a great deal for a Platinum course. Check the CL site out for the prices at other Platinum courses including Kanata (22,500)
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    You Guys do not realize how fortunate you are !

Platinum Course in this area is over $50,000! (GlenCarin)

When I bought int to GlenCarin I paid $16,300. I registered a company to hold the membership, When I sell the company, the membership goes with it. The company does not have any other holdings.

This is the only way you can invest and sell a membership!

I have played out of Glen Abbey since I joined in 2002!

Say what you will, but CL is a good program for anyone wishing to join a club!

Only an opinion!

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS EVENING.........???

There was more action on the speculation thread than on this one.....

This is probably the biggest Golf announcement to hit the Region in years and there have been only #12 posts. There was more than #12 posts (and some unfortunate name calling...) in 1 hour, when I and others posted info on what was happening a few weeks back.

Perhaps some people are in shock, denial, or calling 1-800-CLUBLINK for a membership???

The weather thread is getting more action than this story tonight.....and its -17C outside.
    I think it is more the fact that people got censored when they were trying to have a simple discussion so they decided to keep it in the CLublink section or PM.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    OH well, what can i say except enjoy the course Club Link Boys and take care of it. Won't be playing it til the Ottawa Sun Scramble. It will be hard to go from playing it apx 70 times to 2 or 3.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    What's all the hellabollou all about. Lock March in the best couse and it is still public.

now THERE is a statement. I don't think Loch March can even come close to Eagle Creek's conditioning or layout (but I guess it's all about preference).

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    Ya LOL great finishing holes at the Lock...not. Like you said though, to each their own. Lock Marches greens are pretty sweet though.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    OH well, what can i say except enjoy the course Club Link Boys and take care of it. Won't be playing it til the Ottawa Sun Scramble. It will be hard to go from playing it apx 70 times to 2 or 3.
    A HP CL membership will cost you less then your previous 70 games at EC last year and your will be able to play it 100 times if you like.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I think Thunder and the boys got a sweet deal there - and with no initiation. As for EC's conditioning, I actually thought it went downhill after they stopped hosting the CPGA events there.

On a sidenote, I actually prefer EC going to Clublink over Stonebridge. I play SB a lot more since it is a lot closer to my house and EC is a long way to go. Also since there are a number of CL members here, I'm sure people won't have a problem getting on there once or twice a year if need be, though just not at the convenience they had before.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information