100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Albatross sandbagger72 is on a distinguished road sandbagger72's Avatar

flying to cancun

i am flying down to cancun in middle of march for deep sea fishing and 1 week of golfing i am just in the middle of getting my passport i was wondering if anyone knew how much a roundtrip would cost me and where would be the cheapest place to buy my tickets? please help
    Proost!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    well i would book it ASAP, cuz they are gonna jack the prices big time for spring break!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I would have thought that the prices would start to come down with the recent murders of, and the assaults on, tourists. In addition to your passport, you might consider buying a flak jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    well i would book it ASAP, cuz they are gonna jack the prices big time for spring break!

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I heard in the news yesterday that you can forget about getting a passport before April due to the back log in applications,better check before booking anything.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    It's about a 2 month wait at this point, but if you've already started the process, you might be ok. THey also say that it goes slightly quicker if you go in and do it in person (rather than mailing in the form)

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Guys - he can pay extra to get his passport earlier (within 10 working days) if he has a proof of travelling.

About flying to Cancun, ask your travel agent about Air Transat. Sometimes they "borrow" planes and service from Westjet to fly to Cancun. I must say I was impressed by Westjet's service last time...

thanks long ball hitter
    does anybody have a price in mind
    Proost!

itravel2000.com:

Cheapest: $527 with Skyservice
    $745 with Westjet
    $820 with AirCanada

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter View Post
    Guys - he can pay extra to get his passport earlier (within 10 working days) if he has a proof of travelling.

About flying to Cancun, ask your travel agent about Air Transat. Sometimes they "borrow" planes and service from Westjet to fly to Cancun. I must say I was impressed by Westjet's service last time...
    Really? Everything I read said that they could speed up the process for emergencies (illness, death in the family, other things of that nature) but that a flight/travel reservations did not count as an emergency. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there.

thnks longball those prices sound real good lower then what i was expecting
    Proost!

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Really? Everything I read said that they could speed up the process for emergencies (illness, death in the family, other things of that nature) but that a flight/travel reservations did not count as an emergency. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there.
    The rush passport (within 24 hours), you must pay almost double the cost and you better have a better reason than going golfing or in need of a tan.

For other travel reasons, you can pay a little more ($30 if I'm not mistaken). A lot of guys at the office need to travel and some had to renew their passport lately. They filled in the online form, waited in line at the passport office, paid extra (showing a proof of travel) and got it within 10-15 business days.

On my side, I don't need mine right now so I mailed it in. I can wait - no rush here.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    You don't need to pay extra for 2 week service. Their service standard for going in person is still 10 business days. The mail in process takes a bit longer. On you passport application, always put an expected travel date, maybe 1 month in advance.

My GF went in to the Hull passport office on Jan 15th and received her passport in the mail by the Feb 2nd. She could have gone in to pick it up on Jan 29th. The Hull office has much shorter lines. She got there at 1pm and was out by 4:30, relatively speaking, 3.5 hours isnt that bad. Go to Hull if you want to cut your wait time in half...

Also, the emergency passport services do not need a great reason, but a decent one and a compassionate teller. My friend's wife couldn't find her passport on Wednesday, leaving for Dominican for an all-inclusive trip on Friday, and the passport office (Sparks St.) helped them get her passport done in 1 day...they were very nice and helpful.

Thread Information