+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project X HL

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar

Project X HL

Not sure if I'm putting this in the proper forum category for this, but here goes...

As much as I want new irons this year, I have instead decided to reshaft my Pro Combos. I'm really leaning towards the Project X HL as I naturally hit a low ball and am looking to offset this with a higher launching iron shaft, and I think I would prefer the lighter weight. My question is: Does anyone know where I can get a set of these in taper tip, and preferably at a better price than the $250 that Golfsmith Canada wants for them. (P.S. Golfsmith does not sell these in taper tip, at least according to their web site).

Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    It's just hard for me to believe that Royal Precision issued shafts with a higher launch angle. I have the standard Project X in my irons and I launch the ball a mile high. The ball doesn't balloon though and I get a lot of carry...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    IIRC the HL PX are really just different flexes of the regular PX.

More specifically, the HLs are 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc. while the regulars are 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, etc.

Either way, the PX is sweet shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    IIRC the HL PX are really just different flexes of the regular PX.

More specifically, the HLs are 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc. while the regulars are 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, etc.

Either way, the PX is sweet shaft.
    According to the RP website, there's more to it than that. While true the HL's only come in 4.0, 5.0, etc for some odd reason, the regular PX's come in those flexes plus .5 increments as well. The HL's are supposed to have a different tip profile that delivers a higher lauch angle.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    James,
    Have you tried the reg PX's? I have them and they do send the ball pretty high, I can only imagine that the PX HL would be crazy high! But if you do it the ball that low they might do the rick, they have a sweet feel regardless. I'm not sure on price but I know Artisan golf has them.

Thanks Denny. As I recall, you switched from DG X-100, correct? And your ball flight is signficantly higher with the regular PX's as compared to the X-100's?

Man good memory! I had DG X-100 Lite Gold or something like that, they were a high launch shaft as well. I do find that the PX's have a much higher launch then a normal DG S300 or X-100. The big difference isn't so much the height but the way the ball travels, instead of a high rainbow arc, I find the PX's get up much faster and then they seem to just cut straight through and then come down sharp again. May sound weird but that's the only way I can describe it. They also have a much better feel when they "kick" and they seem to blast right through wind. Long story short is I noticed a big difference in ball flight and feedback from the club. If your spending that kind of cash, find a clubmaker that has both and will put you on the launch monitor and see if the PX reg or HL is right for you.

Thanks again. Now leaning towards the regular PX's in 5.5.

The purpose of my original post was moreso to see if anyone knows of a place (in Ottawa or online) that sells these at a bit of a cheaper price than $250 and you mentioned to look into Artisan Golf. I'll check it out.

No porb. Give Don a call, I don't know if he is the cheapest or not but at least they will be done right!

Thread Information