100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Tonx is on a distinguished road

any tricks to master this attribute?

Gday all.

Went to the local pro the other day to get this slight left hook out of my irons, and he noticed that my weight is distributed too far to the toes, especially on my left foot (im right handed) which is causing me to rise up a little during backswing.

Do you guys have any quick tips on things I could do to remember to keep the weight back without much thought, or is it simply muscle memory that I need to imprint with tons and tons of practise? Is there any adjustments I can make preswing to help balance out the up and forward motion?

Cheers!

Gap Wedge ipoh is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Gday all.

Went to the local pro the other day to get this slight left hook out of my irons, and he noticed that my weight is distributed too far to the toes, especially on my left foot (im right handed) which is causing me to rise up a little during backswing.

Do you guys have any quick tips on things I could do to remember to keep the weight back without much thought, or is it simply muscle memory that I need to imprint with tons and tons of practise? Is there any adjustments I can make preswing to help balance out the up and forward motion?

Cheers!
    IMHO, you could stick you butt out "more" to ensure a more balanced posture.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    take a 2x4 or a 1x4 depending on how big u are and place it under your toes to rise them up and force more even weight distrobution on your feet... thats the best way i can think of forcing weght back without seeing the swing... IMO

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    think of the swing like the swingforce of a hammerthrower...

Thread Information