CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie golfin-buddy is on a distinguished road golfin-buddy's Avatar

Shaft suggestions

Looking for suggestions for my new driver. Here is some background info to help.

I swing at about 105-110 and have approx 150-155 ball speed.Launch at about 10-11 deg. and spin at 3000-3200. hit it 270-275 in the air average

Played the Callaway FT3 w\ V2 65 stiff at 44.5. Liked the feeling and dispersion but took a major loss on distance 10-15 yards..

I was looking at Fuji 757 R flex. Figured 2.5 torque would help dispersion and r flex to help distance.
    Also, it will be in an FT-i .

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys

Also, anyone know what cpm the v2 65 stiff and fuji 757 r plays to

Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    An R flex for your swing speed sounds soft, Now I don't know how stiff the Fuji R is vs. the V2 , but I would expect it to be softer.
    Do you slice the ball? if so the R may help close the face a little.
    Is someome building this - if so get the shaft aligned for flo.
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

Thanks for the reply DanCustom,

Softer is the idea. I am looking for a bit more distance without sacrificing accuracy. I know that the Fuji 757 plays alot stiffer then it says. The web site suggests, if you swing at 105+ you should swing an X. That's crazy. I have hit the Fuji 757 stiff and it is very stiff, kinda like the v2. I know Lance has the 757 in R and he hits it well and has gained a few yards.

AS for slicing, I definitely do not slice the ball. If anything I have a tendency to speed the swing up and hook it the odd time.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions and experiences. I figured it would be an interesting topic to discuss different companies and their views on flexes.

AS for building it, I'll let the experts at Callaway put it together.

Any thoughts

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfin-buddy View Post
    Thanks for the reply DanCustom,

Softer is the idea. I am looking for a bit more distance without sacrificing accuracy. I know that the Fuji 757 plays alot stiffer then it says. The web site suggests, if you swing at 105+ you should swing an X. That's crazy. I have hit the Fuji 757 stiff and it is very stiff, kinda like the v2. I know Lance has the 757 in R and he hits it well and has gained a few yards.

AS for slicing, I definitely do not slice the ball. If anything I have a tendency to speed the swing up and hook it the odd time.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions and experiences. I figured it would be an interesting topic to discuss different companies and their views on flexes.

AS for building it, I'll let the experts at Callaway put it together.

Any thoughts
    I am not quite sure on how to interpret this comment.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Played the Callaway FT3 w\ V2 65 stiff at 44.5. Liked the feeling and dispersion but took a major loss on distance 10-15 yards..

I was looking at Fuji 757 R flex. Figured 2.5 torque would help dispersion and r flex to help distance.
    The frequency profile of the Fujikura 757 R is:
    179 204 236 283 357 493 829
    For the V-2 S:
    175 204 232 277 348 495 847

From the above they play almost identical as you start the downswing (179/175) and through impact the V-2 may feel slightly stiffer to you (829/847) of you have that sensitivity.

Your loss of distance in not attributable to the flex of the shaft. If you could see the graph of these two shafts, they almost coincide.

Comment

I hope this didn't offend you in any way, I was just saying that it's not easy to work with carbon heads and that it would be easier to let the experts at Callaway do what they do best with the product they put out.

Did it come off wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    I am not quite sure on how to interpret this comment.

Thanks BC, I've been looking for those numbers for a couple of days. So they really don't play much different, and the 757 is as stiff in regular as the V2 is in stiff. Interesting. What shaft would you recommend to get a little bit more pop? Would I see a difference with the speeder? (smoother) Do you have the specs on the NV65X? I use to have that in another driver and it felt softer then the v2. Thanks, for your help.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I hope this didn't offend you in any way, I was just saying that it's not easy to work with carbon heads and that it would be easier to let the experts at Callaway do what they do best with the product they put out.

Did it come off wrong?
    No problem.

Thread Information