100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge sammypvt is on a distinguished road sammypvt's Avatar

Launch monitors at altitude

I live at 5500 feet above sea level where balls fly around 7% longer. Should launch monitors figures be altered to show this and does the spin rate remain the same. Anyone with experience of such conditions would help me greatly. I use a Zelocity.

"Richard"
    don't disclose where you live... geoff will sell the house and move out there

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    don't disclose where you live... geoff will sell the house and move out there
    I live in Mexico near Guadaljara. best weather in the world. never gets colder than 75 and never hotter than 85 all year round.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sammypvt View Post
    I live at 5500 feet above sea level where balls fly around 7% longer. Should launch monitors figures be altered to show this and does the spin rate remain the same. Anyone with experience of such conditions would help me greatly. I use a Zelocity.
    ....I could be wrong but I believe they test so the results would be a sea level. You will have to add yards to your numbers.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    good question, never looked for that option before on a lauch monitor, but my guess would be just keep it standard, unless you plan on playing most of your golf away from there... u know what i mean? if those are your conditions get fitted to that, dont get fitted to other conditions cuz they cancel eachother out

my on personal take on this is that if the air is thinner, the ball will fly longer. That is a fact, so therefore if I increase the distance the ball flies (carry) in the Zelocity progam, that will give a more accurate reading. On the question of spin, well the ball will actually spin more than normal because of the lesser amount of resistance in the air, so to increase that will give as more definative result. I use optimal flight with the original, not altered figures and the carry and flight results bears my theory out. The jury is still out at Zelocity, so I will await their comments and post them.

Thread Information