100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road

Request for Opinions about Ping I3 Irons - Blades

I'm looking for opinions from golfers that play the Ping I3 blades (or are familiar with them).

I currently shoot in the low 80's with my Ping Eye 2+ (circa 1992 clubs) and want to progress to a better club. My shots are straight with my Ping Eye irons, however, I tend to pull and/or draw the ball quite a bit with the longer irons from the tee or the fairway. I was thinking of going to the Ping I3 blades, but I'm a bit concerned about 'forgiveness'.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Good luck on the links this summer,

Mike.

(By the way, does anyone WANT the Ping Eye 2+ clubs should I decide to upgrade?)

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Those clubs are really nice. Bought one set from André Cantin during the winter (Ping I3 blue dot = 1 degree upright). Finally Ping is offering a set of irons that does not look ugly or with too much offset (like the Ping Zing 2 model!!!). I can assure you that these clubs are really forgiving. Maybe a little bit too much in my view. I hit them pretty consistently but was not able to control the direction properly. Nevertheless, my distance was really consistent. I'm used to play with real blades muscle back irons. It is really a question of feeling because some of my playing partners (guys around 3 to 8 handicap) have Ping I3 blades and would never change for anything else. This club can fit to a wide variety of golfers and the fact that they are described as "blades" does not mean that they are tough to hit.

What I can suggest is to try them before. Some golf courses have several demo clubs in the proshop and you can try multiple configuration (flex-loft-lie-lenght-blades vs O-size). Château-Cartier had this demo cart last year. Even if I didn't like them, it is definitely a good club but simply not for me. I can assure you that these clubs are really forgiving.

Thread Information