CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge golfman71 is on a distinguished road

Any first hand Aldila ONE reviews yet?

I’ve been asking around about this shaft for a while and I’m going to have the opportunity this weekend to try it out for myself once and for all. So, before I commit to taking the time and / or spending the money, I wanted to ask one last time for any first-hand reviews. I’m curious to know how well the various bend profiles in the tip affect the feel and performance, distance, trajectory, control, etc.… apparently, this is a new spin on shaft technology, so I want to know how it has been performing for other golfers.
    "Golf and sex are the only two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy."
    my newest conquest:
    [url]http://www.aldila.com/product6.html[/url]

Pitching Wedge RoyalQ is on a distinguished road

Tell you what

Golfman 371,

Don't ask me why, but I just had to do it.

I read your question and immediately went to look at 3 other well-known golf websites, looking for some info and... guess what, that very same question indeed posed.
    You sure know how to get info when you need it, right?
    Very well organized also, all messages showing up on different boards every minute!

Now, I may be wrong here...
    Let us all remember this is the internet!

Hi RoyalQ. So is that uncommon? Like yourself and many others, I don't put all my eggs in one basket - especially online. I'm not sure I understand your point, though.
    my newest conquest:

Pitching Wedge RoyalQ is on a distinguished road
    To put it bluntly, I first thought your post was some kind of... spam.

Don't you think Aldila should be grateful to you for being all over the internet with your question?

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm such a sucker for that kind of post... May have overreacted.
    At least you got all the info you need on the GEA!

RoyalQ, it's no problem. I guess it's so common to see people asking about specific product lines or posting their own favorite equipment choices in their signatures that most of us don't even think about it anymore. Come to think about it, everywhere you look on and offline, the whole world - even our clothes - have become one giant billboard!

Yes, I got some opinions in other places, but that's just what they are - opinions. Up to this point, I have seen both good and bad opinions... and since most have been good, I feel more confident about the shaft in general. But still, the more opinions I read, the more perspective I get and, when combined with actual factual data, I can make a more informed decision. So, I'm still open to any first-hand reviews or suggestions that anyone here might have about the shaft as well.
    my newest conquest:

Hmmmm... after all that, it looks as though nobody around here has used one anyway!
    my newest conquest:

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Aldila ONE

I put a Aldila ONE in a Synergy driver head. It was their R65 - midswing speed (90-95 mph) with and medium kick point. The person who uses it know loves it. It is a very stable shaft and the repeatability in the shaft is good. Not like the old graphite bubble shafts that were very whippy, soft tipped and high torque. These have a tapered recess (step) or bubble place in the key area for kick. The taper is located higher or lower depending if you have a fast swing speed and want the ball flight lower or a lower swing speed and want some height on your ball.

Well thought out design.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thread Information