+ Reply to Thread
    Hybrid latch is on a distinguished road

r7 460 vs. r7 Draw

Hi Folks,

Am in the market for a new driver and having read good things about both the r7 draw and the r7 460, I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what (if any) the difference would be between the r7 draw ball flight and the ball flight from the r7 460 when it's configured for a draw bias.

Any comments/insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

wahz
    If the weight configuration of the r7 460 is set on draw, the drivers are fairly similar. Except the shaft in the 460 is a mid tip (vs. soft tip) and 60 grams (vs. 55). Also, the face is slightly less closed than the draw. But obviously, because of MWT, you can set the 460 for a neutral ball flight. You will find slightly lower backspin rates out of the r7 460.
    You cannot make the same changes to the r7 draw. So if you consistently slice or miss your shots right and want to correct that, the r7 draw is probably a better choice - because it's less expensive. But if you like the option of flipping from a draw to a neutral flight, you'd want the 460.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    I use the draw, I now seldom slice. I still hope to improve my inside-out swing to eventually change to a flat clubface. Mine is 10.5, R shaft and my ballflight is a bit too high, even with my slow swingspeed.

I have not hit the R7 460 but I have used the older 425 which worked the best of any driver for me.

Hybrid latch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the info everyone. I think that I'll end up going w/ the r7 460 since I can change the weight to draw and then (hopefully) work back to neutral with time.

5 Iron breaks80 is on a distinguished road breaks80's Avatar
    Bought a new TM R7 460 this year. Can honestly say it's the most forgiving, and longest driver I've hit to date. Absolutely love it (and the R7 steel fairway 3 metal I got at the same time)
    Breaks 80 - if there's no wind, down hill par 5's, dry fairways, Jupiter aligns with Mars, ....

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    R7 Quad (the first model) are on sale at Nevada Bob's new store in Orleans at 199 a stick, rescue 99 graphite, 89 steel, v-steel fairway woods were 129 g 99 steel.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Holy Crap, I tried my new driver today and it was OK until I went to the range. I made a couple of adjustments as it is a 10.5° vs my old 9.5 and it has a less open face. The shaft also has much less torque. My adjustments made all the difference in the world. I was smashing drives out there and instead of swinging easy I was really driving at the ball The ball exploded off the face and the trajectory was that incredible. I cannot wait to replicate it on the course ( if that can actually be done).
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

5 Iron breaks80 is on a distinguished road breaks80's Avatar
    I love the confidence the driver gives me, which in turn allows me to go after my drives. Now I'm tempted to try the new TM TP red golf ball, and see how that matches up with a TM driver.
    Breaks 80 - if there's no wind, down hill par 5's, dry fairways, Jupiter aligns with Mars, ....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I was never hitting this driver very well until I did what you mentioned, which in turn allows me to go after my drives and now I cannot believe the difference. This is a long stick for sure.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lob Wedge jjvoit is on a distinguished road
    I hit the R7 425 with the YS6 shaft and the R7 460 draw with the re ax tip soft. I consistently hit the 460 draw straight and could not slice it or at least only did once in about 150 balls. I did have it pulling left which I can fix. The R7 425, with all the weight in the heel, 2-12g carts, I hit some slices, maybe 4 or 5, but again mostly pulls, although when I hit it straight it went 20 yds further than the draw. My question is, does the R7 460 draw would the 9 deg help bring the ball flight down? Would a tip mid or tip stiff shaft help being the ball flight down? I want the draw 460 but I don't want to lose the distance because the ball flight is too high. I'm trying to get the right answer cause everyone at the golf shops gives me a different answer.

Thanks

I hit the same two clubs with the same results. I am using the draw and the ball flight is higher and shorter than the 425.

Lob Wedge jjvoit is on a distinguished road
    Did you hit the 9 deg at all in the draw, the sales guy was trying to get me to order in a 9 deg without hitting it but I want to hit it first to see if it is shaft and not the loft. The 460 draw is too easy to hit.

Mine is 10.5 with the R shaft. low kick. I would prefer the 9.0 in this club whereas it would be too low a loft for me in another club. Get the 9.0, if is too low I will trade you for my 10.5.

Thread Information