CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Outaouais

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking Outaouais

Well the Mrs and I joined Outaouais for the 2007 season. We liked the fact that it has 27 holes, putting and chipping green, free range balls, free club storage, elevation changes, water hazards, lush fairways, mature trees, and nice landscaping Green are fast, undulating and tricky. They have great food at affordable prises as well a good wine list.
    We have played with members and found them to be friendly as well as the staff. We are please to be members and look forward to the 2007 season.
    Being newbies is there any comments that you'd like to share with us concerning the course and it's staff?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Great choice, and congrats. Truely one of my favs. in the region.. A couple years ago I was fortunate enough to play it about 6 times when a buddy was a member. Oh and Chris I will def. be available for a round or 10..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    I have feinds that are members and they have nothing but great things to say. Mens night is supposed to be great and they keep the prices of proshop and other amenities very reasonably priced. Did you join as an initiated member or as a seasonal?
    You will not regret joining since you now have access to the early times on the weekend so you can really enjoy the breakfast and then play a round.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Great choice, and congrats. Truely one of my favs. in the region.. A couple years ago I was fortunate enough to play it about 6 times when a buddy was a member. Oh and Chris I will def. be available for a round or 10..
    Me too if they offer a "Playing w/ a member discount."
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Full initiated member... can't wait actually..the breakfasts are unreal. Reid turned me on to the omelette (works). This thing is probably 3 eggs with mushrooms, peppers, sausage, bacon and cheese, 2 slices of thick toast and coffee for $5.95. Unbelievable! Give your system time to digest that mother before venturing out to the 1st tee.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Full initiated member... can't wait actually..the breakfasts are unreal. Reid turned me on to the omelette (works). This thing is probably 3 eggs with mushrooms, peppers, sausage, bacon and cheese, 2 slices of thick toast and coffee for $5.95. Unbelievable! Give your system time to digest that mother before venturing out to the 1st tee.
    That sounds like a serious problem waiting for you around the 6th tee.

Quote Originally Posted by psniddy View Post
    That sounds like a serious problem waiting for you around the 6th tee.
    Reid also gave my a golf cart with a seat and porti-potty on it.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Congrats,my all time favorite course to play.Nice conditions beautiffull layout you should be very happy there.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    See this face? This is my ridiculously jealous face!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Chris,

Good choice. I was a member for 12 years (share holder) and I have nothing bad to say about it. Yes, there were bad years but the new management has done a helluva job in getting the staff to concentrate on customer service. Like any other club, sure you will find issue coming up but on the whole, great choice! Not only are the breakfasts good but wait till you have some of their wings on Wednesday nights! LOL and quite a deal on initiation to boot!

Par stinger is on a distinguished road

cl

wow, I thought this was going to be another thread about Clublink purchasing Outaouais!

Enjoy the track, it'll make you a better player!
    J

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Hey, nice choice. As stinger said, it should help improve your game. Gotta hit em straight there.

Methinks you won't be playing with the wife too much, since we are all going to want to come and play as guests all the time...

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    We need an Outaouais in the west end.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    as shocking as this might sound to some, I have never played Outaouais. I look forward to "correcting" that situation this summer.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Hey, nice choice. As stinger said, it should help improve your game. Gotta hit em straight there.

Methinks you won't be playing with the wife too much, since we are all going to want to come and play as guests all the time...
    You dont have to worry about being a guest, the public is very welcome there and treated quite well to boot!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Fabulous breakfast. And great service every time I went there this season. Great choice Chris. Often think of joining there myself, as it is pretty close to home. We'll have to get out for some rounds there this year

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Sounds like you made a good choice. I haven't played there yet but also plan on fixing that problem this season, it has made the short list of courses to play for the first time
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Great choice , one if my favorite courses that i played last year, pity i sucked on both occasions. Enjoy.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

I think we should have a forum member fun day there.... I know I can get a descent deal with a great buffet meal and we could have 'The Garage' that they built on the patio all to ourselves! I might just Call Marc and see what he can do for us....

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I think we should have a forum member fun day there.... I know I can get a descent deal with a great buffet meal and we could have 'The Garage' that they built on the patio all to ourselves! I might just Call Marc and see what he can do for us....
    Great idea Bob.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Oh, i can just imagine all the heckling that will happen from that patio overlooking 18

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I would be all over that Indio! I love that course Mr. Saint so we'll be playing a few more times this year me thinks!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    On days when breakfasts like these are available they have portable defibrillators on every hole.

Having played Outaouais as a member for 17 years in the early days and seeing now how it has evolved into one of the best courses in the region, you have made an excellent choice.

In my opinion, Outaouais is one of the best kept secrets in the region. It got a lot of bad 'reviews' during its financial problem years for good reasons but now that the new General Manager has taken control and changed some staff and some of the silly policies, the future looks bright. Thys just have to get over the financial hurdle but that also seems to be well in hand. Unfortunately it was at the shareholders expense, which is the primary reason I left. That and the fact that I decided I wanted to play more courses and less golf.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I only played it once, and I remember I had to tee off on a mat for one hole (the hole was right by some backyards). I'd like to go back though one day. Bob, hook that members day up! How's the drainage in the spring?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I only played it once, and I remember I had to tee off on a mat for one hole (the hole was right by some backyards). I'd like to go back though one day. Bob, hook that members day up! How's the drainage in the spring?
    That was on 8 west, the par 3 from the cliff! The entire tee box was supposed to be moved over about 20 yrds to the left to fix the 2 problems they were having there. 1. not enough sun to have the grass on the tee box grow and 2. lawsuits from the house owners whoe yards and windows were being bombarded by golf balls during outside tournaments like the Jacques Martin anf the Lacroix.... You are talking tournaments og 440 plus players and about 200 of them only touch a club once or twice a year! LOL

The East course (new 9) doesnt dry too fast but the have improved the drainage on the old courses and it is usually in super shap by mid may.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

good choice

played there in several tournaments, nice that the public can play there now without having to be in a tourney...they used to have a par 3 (i think) has that changed, and if you were to play and have a choice which two nines would you play.
    i know the public can play there now, but can they play anytime?? or are they limited to certain times only??

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    played there in several tournaments, nice that the public can play there now without having to be in a tourney...they used to have a par 3 (i think) has that changed, and if you were to play and have a choice which two nines would you play.
    i know the public can play there now, but can they play anytime?? or are they limited to certain times only??
    The par 3 was bulldozed a few years back to make room for a new 9..... they have 27 great holes. When the new 9 matures it is going to have some very impressive holes.... my favorite is the West/East combination. (old back 9 new 9) There are very few times where green fees can't play now. If I am not mistaken only Sat and Sun mornings till 11:00 are for members only

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Good choice Saint, would like to play with you using Exective Golf which they participate in.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Outaouais

I agree with you Indio,the new 9 holes are quite a challenge and especially the last hole (par 3 ) makes it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    The par 3 was bulldozed a few years back to make room for a new 9..... they have 27 great holes. When the new 9 matures it is going to have some very impressive holes.... my favorite is the West/East combination. (old back 9 new 9) There are very few times where green fees can't play now. If I am not mistaken only Sat and Sun mornings till 11:00 are for members only

Thread Information