100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge BredStik is on a distinguished road BredStik's Avatar

The feeling of buying new clubs...

A litte about myself...

I've been playing more seriously for about 2 years. I still don't get on the course as much as I want, but I play 10-15 rounds per summer and go to the practice range once a week during the summer. I have managed to get a round under 90 this last summer but usually play close to 95. I've used the same irons since the beginning (Wilson ProStaff AD) and swapped driver, putter, wedges and woods many times...

I recently changed my irons. I was getting good results with the Wilsons, but they gave me a really high trajectory and not penetrating enough for my taste. But I guess it's what you get for a cheapo ultra-oversized irons. I tried my friend's Ben Hogan Edge CFT irons and liked them instantly. The look, the feel, the distance gain... ;-) So I found a set on ebay and took the plunge.

I received them yesterday... What a joy to unwrap new clubs! I took a good look at each of them and made a couple of swings in my basement. I finally cleaned them all and put them in my bag to replace my old irons. They look great!

I have slowly built a set that I like a lot, especially for the money I put in. Most of my clubs are used, but in great condition. In fact, only one club was bought new in my entire set. My entire set cost my less than 600$. It sure ain't a "player's" set, but it fits me perfectly.

Here's what I currently have in my bag (and intent to keep that way at least for the 2007 season!):

TaylorMade R580 driver
    TaylorMade 200 Steel 3w
    Dunlop Flame 7w
    Ben Hogan CFT Edge 3i to PW
    Wilson Harmonized 50 and 55 degree wedges
    Odyssey DFX-1100

What about you? What's your story, what did you change recently, how you felt about it? Tell me about it! Looking forward Spring 2007...

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Hey Bredstik first off welcome to the site...

you may want to check out this link

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=21965

it was started a little while ago and pretty much has everything new people have bought over the winter...

theres 3 pages to that thread so get some coffee and have a good read

dunno if i posted in it.. but new for me is:

ditched aussie blades
    dtiched 690MBs
    bought xtours
    ditched wedges
    bought 510TP driver
    bought 3 scotty camerons
    ditched 4 scotty camerons

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BredStik View Post
    Here's what I currently have in my bag (and intent to keep that way at least for the 2007 season!):
    not if you start hanging around here you won't
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

this is the guy to look out for....

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/itrader.php?u=2332

just a friendly heads-up

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    this is the guy to look out for....

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/itrader.php?u=2332

just a friendly heads-up
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BredStik View Post
    A litte about myself...

I've been playing more seriously for about 2 years. I still don't get on the course as much as I want, but I play 10-15 rounds per summer and go to the practice range once a week during the summer. I have managed to get a round under 90 this last summer but usually play close to 95. I've used the same irons since the beginning (Wilson ProStaff AD) and swapped driver, putter, wedges and woods many times...

I recently changed my irons. I was getting good results with the Wilsons, but they gave me a really high trajectory and not penetrating enough for my taste. But I guess it's what you get for a cheapo ultra-oversized irons. I tried my friend's Ben Hogan Edge CFT irons and liked them instantly. The look, the feel, the distance gain... ;-) So I found a set on ebay and took the plunge.

I received them yesterday... What a joy to unwrap new clubs! I took a good look at each of them and made a couple of swings in my basement. I finally cleaned them all and put them in my bag to replace my old irons. They look great!

I have slowly built a set that I like a lot, especially for the money I put in. Most of my clubs are used, but in great condition. In fact, only one club was bought new in my entire set. My entire set cost my less than 600$. It sure ain't a "player's" set, but it fits me perfectly.

TaylorMade R580 driver
    TaylorMade 200 Steel 3w
    Dunlop Flame 7w
    Ben Hogan CFT Edge 3i to PW
    Wilson Harmonized 50 and 55 degree wedges
    Odyssey DFX-1100

What about you? What's your story, what did you change recently, how you felt about it? Tell me about it! Looking forward Spring 2007...
    Welcome to the forum. It must be killing you to see all that snow out there and not being able to hit your shiny new clubs.

Sounds like a good set. I am like you, I play 10-15 times a season, and play to a 24 hcp, so 91-99 is my range. I have a Dunlop Flame 7w as well (5W too) and it's a nice club for the price, I got mine for $25 at sports expert. I don't have the funds to buy any new clubs so I was happy to find that those Dunlop fairway woods did the job for the price.

Good luck for the season, hope those new irons have you firing consistantly in the 80s.

Gap Wedge BredStik is on a distinguished road BredStik's Avatar
    About this Dunlop Flame fairway wood, it's my "go to" club when I have 190-200vgs left and want the ball to have little roll. I usually hit with almost no roll, so it's nice for soft landing long approach shot. It's probably the "easiest" fairway wood I've hit.

u hang around here long enough i can almost guarentee u will be saying goodbye to at least one of your clubs and adopting a new one (as geoff would call it)

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    If Geoff calls it "adopting" he must be like Foster Parent of the Year, or even century.. But what does he call it when he lets them go?
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    If Geoff calls it "adopting" he must be like Foster Parent of the Year, or even century.. But what does he call it when he lets them go?
    finding them a new home until the person neglects them and they come running back to geoff... or rather he doesnt want them to feel bad anymore so he BUYs them back. what a guy, alwasy looking out in the best intrest of his kids,... i mean clubs

Thread Information