+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post

Oh, and by the way, I do get a lot more spin with this setup.
    Measured on a launch monitor Les?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    I am not a long ball hitter and am often hitting short wedges into greens to finish off the distance. I have always got by nicely with 2 wedges. Tommy Armour SW 56 degrees and PW 52 degrees Nickent.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Measured on a launch monitor Les?

Why would I need a L M to measure the obvious ? HOP, HOP and STOPS are STOPPING !, and full shots are actually backing up a little. The ball was not dancing like it is now ! Anything else ?

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Used to carry 4 (kind of 3 1/2) - PW (47*), 49*, 55*, and 60*. However I found I did not use the 49* (gap wedge) too much. Note that my PW is the same club as the rest of my irons, while the other three are wedge heads in softer (Rifle Spinner 4.5) shafts. This season I am going to 3 wedges. I am putting together SMT durometer wedges, 59* and 53* (these things spin the ball like crazy). I am putting graphite shafts in them for more softness. I might weaken my PW loft a little bit to make it closer to a true PW (48-49*).
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

5 Iron Seak69 is on a distinguished road Seak69's Avatar

Wedges

I have been using 4 wedges for a while: 47,52,56 and a 60. I use the 56 probably the least but none the less I still use it. I have tried pulling a wedge for another club,but it seems that at somepoints during the round I wish I hadn't pulled that wedge.

3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road

Wedges

I have been using for wedges for the last number of years. A 48 degree pitching wedge, 52, 56, and 60 wedges. This year, I am just going to cut back to a PW, 54, 60 and add a longer iron or hybrid to the bag.
    Ironmaster did you get the wedge bent to 68 degrees or did you buy it that way. That club must make the ball get airborne in a hurry. I would be worried about hitting myself in the nose with the ball.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langille5 View Post
    I have been using for wedges for the last number of years. A 48 degree pitching wedge, 52, 56, and 60 wedges. This year, I am just going to cut back to a PW, 54, 60 and add a longer iron or hybrid to the bag.
    Ironmaster did you get the wedge bent to 68 degrees or did you buy it that way. That club must make the ball get airborne in a hurry. I would be worried about hitting myself in the nose with the ball.
    .....Funny you should say that cause when I first got the club (Pinmeadow 68 degree, absolutely no bounce) I was just playing around with it with a fellow golfer and I said to him lets try a cut shot with this bad boy, so I opened up the face about 45 degrees and swung a full shot with the club, It went under the ball and did not even move it, both of us looked at one another and started howling, we laughed cause it should be impossible to do that on a indoor mat. So I told him how about if I didn't open it quite as much so I opened the face about 25 degrees and took a full swing, the ball went right past my forehead, I told the guy that's enough of that and haven't hit a cut shot with that club again. I wouldn't suggest anybody getting this club unless you excellerate thru your swing and not afraid to swing pretty hard for the ball to go a short distance. I bought this club cause I had been using a 65 degree wedge for years before so it wasn't to severe a change.

3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road
    With no bounce, that thing must be like a knife. I can see why you dont have to open the face to get it airborne. It sounds like you have master the club and the swing needed to take advantage of the loft of the club. I tried a 64 degree wedge for a while one year and just never got the hang of it.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langille5 View Post
    With no bounce, that thing must be like a knife. I can see why you dont have to open the face to get it airborne. It sounds like you have master the club and the swing needed to take advantage of the loft of the club. I tried a 64 degree wedge for a while one year and just never got the hang of it.
    .....I used to have to practice cut shots for hours to get those high shots that land softly but using a 65 or 68 degree club changed all of that, now it's like a normal shot just goes a lot higher and doesn't kick to the right as a cut shot would do, the same swing that would send a gap wedge 75 to 80 yards will only go about 24 or 25 yards with a 68 degree wedge. It's good to know it's in the bag even if I hardly ever use it.

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    This will be the first year I carry 4 wedges. PW, GW, SW and LW. More than likeley the LW will be swapped out once in a while depending on the course.
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    P47-G52-S56-L60-LL64
    use them all in a game .... from 125yds to 50yds ...
    carry 5 wedges, 3 irons, 5 woods & a putter ...
    if i could only putt !!

Birdie golfin-buddy is on a distinguished road golfin-buddy's Avatar
    46-50-54-58. Gw comes out for a hybrid very once in a while.

Pitching Wedge EWhelan is on a distinguished road EWhelan's Avatar
    I had a earlier thread on the boards about if is better to carry a extra wedge or extra fairway wood. The overwelming response was extra wedge.

My irons are the new King Cobra FP Irons that go from 4 iron to GW. The PW is 45 degrees and the GW is 50 degrees. I'm going to use these clubs as a extension in ranges to my iron set. For my speciality wedges I am planning to buy the Nike Tiger Woods Forge Wedges 56 and 60 degree. The 56 is a standard sand wedge with high bounce for sandtraps and lob wedge has lower bounce that I plan to us around the greens.

Thread Information