100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I think we'd actually be more of a gooey brown due because we'd have been decomposing for a while.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Gee and so many people "In the know" were saying it's a done deal.

It may happen, it may not. "early next week" is getting old too. If we were holding our breath, we'd be blue.
    It's hard when you are dealing with a publicly traded company. There are certain rules that need to be followed, and it may take longer than some people may think. Spending 10 million can't be all that easy. There's still a lot of white stuff on the ground, so waiting another few months isn't going to be a hardship. There is certainly more activity outside of this forum this time.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Just found this. It doesn't add anything we didn't know, but it's sure getting some coverage...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawa...-clublink.aspx
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Just found this. It doesn't add anything we didn't know, but it's sure getting some coverage...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawa...-clublink.aspx
    92%?!?!

This guy is a forum member for sure!

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Section TOne View Post
    92%?!?!

This guy is a forum member for sure!
    The blogger in question, Jean Levac (Ottawa Citizen photographer and blogger), is actually a Clublink member himself in the Ottawa area.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

announcement pending

From what I hear all that is left is the formal announcement. Price was agreed to a while ago but what exactly was included in the $10M was being discussed as late as Monday but verbal agreement was reached this week.

Look for the 20+ group of regulars from EC to be playing their regular skins game at The Marshes this year.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I'll believe it once I hear it from Mr. Lacasse's or a Clublink representative's mouth.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    there is no point in saying "from what I hear", or "my buddy told me" or "my clublink source mentioned to me"

unless you say "Andre told me" or "i read in the paper today its official" then save your fingers in typing

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    there is no point in saying "from what I hear", or "my buddy told me" or "my clublink source mentioned to me"

unless you say "Andre told me" or "i read in the paper today its official" then save your fingers in typing
    You are absolutely correct!! Just like certain photos posted on this forum, what appears to look real may not be........However, in this case ITS REAL!!!!!

Only the Official Announcement remains.

Remember EC guys, grap a club you can hit straight on the Marshes #2.
    Do not get greedy or you could be looking at the dreaded "snowman" or worse!!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    You are absolutely correct!! Just like certain photos posted on this forum, what appears to look real may not be........However, in this case ITS REAL!!!!!
    HAHAHA...this guy is ON this week.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road

How do you know it is real, are you a clublink insider, a member of Mr Lacasse's financial team or are you basing your assumption on something else???? I am not doubting it is going to happen, but until the ink is dry, there is no deal.

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    LOL

no chance, CL has tried time and time again to buy this course, it is not for sale, and if it waw, it would be no where near the price CL would pay.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GolfOttawa View Post
    The Ottawa Hunt Club is renovating their clubhouse, who knows cl might be waiting for them finish before they by them out?

Lob Wedge greenvale is on a distinguished road

who are you PEI

And how do you know so much about EC members & where they are going if it sells.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Exactly what i wanted to ask Greenvale, he's a bit of a troll in my opinion on certain subjects this being one of em. I'm hoping he'll just keep to himself on the subject cause it's getting tiresome.

Lob Wedge greenvale is on a distinguished road

hey PEI

And when you start telling guys to grap a club you can hit straight, you better being able to grap your wallet with them words.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Exactly what i wanted to ask Greenvale, he's a bit of a troll in my opinion on certain subjects this being one of em. I'm hoping he'll just keep to himself on the subject cause it's getting tiresome.

Personally I find it all tiresome. I hope the next time we hear anything about this it will be to finally put to rest if EC is now a CL course or not. But then we'll have to put up with the rumours of when SB will be bought by CL.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I agree wholeheartedly Geoff, i wish it would just end until we know what's definitely happening. The CL members can have their own little discussions if need be but of course we don't want Eagle Creek going to Clublink the regular green fee player is basically losing the best track in the city. Isn't there a ClubLink forum?

There is a Clublink forum here, but acces is only granted to Clublink members. So others would have to talk about CL in the open forum if they are not a member.

Hey Gents,

4jag seems to be hearing similiar info.........(see his post from earlier today) This is getting interesting.................. I guess you are going to be calling more than one person a "Troll" on this subject.........My guess is many have heard these pieces of info..........

Today, 12:07 PM #126
    4jag
    Caddy

announcement pending

From what I hear all that is left is the formal announcement. Price was agreed to a while ago but what exactly was included in the $10M was being discussed as late as Monday but verbal agreement was reached this week.

Look for the 20+ group of regulars from EC to be playing their regular skins game at The Marshes this year.

Well at least you recognize yourself as a troll. I would just like to see all these rumours take a rest until it's officially announced that it has been sold. For the record you have been much more active in this thread than 4jag has and you definitely have a much different "style" of posting. Let's just give it a rest until it's definitive.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    If you guys are tired of this subject why keep feeding the thread in question? If you would stop reading and/or posting on the EC rumour they would be a lot shorter and end a lot faster.

I’m not bit-ching, just stating a fact.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Well at least you recognize yourself as a troll. I would just like to see all these rumours take a rest until it's officially announced that it has been sold. For the record you have been much more active in this thread than 4jag has and you definitely have a much different "style" of posting. Let's just give it a rest until it's definitive.
    Are people getting upset at the discussions because they are not happy to lose EC. If you don't like the topic, stay off the thread. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread. Personally, I want to hear about any rumours... good or bad the more information the better. If you have an update, feel free to share it. I can make up my mind about what to believe and what not to.

We are just having a bit of "fun" with this subject and particularly the people who say "nothing is happening"........... Things are happening. Perhaps some of us like 4jag are a bit more "in the loop" than others..........
    Yes, I am the first to agree a deal is not done until the "ink is dry", conditions are met and it is formally announced.
    Just think how dull things would be on this forum if all there was to discuss was who played a round in the snow....., the latest "squared headed driver"........and "should my cap match my shirt"........

Again the posts are all in fun !!!

* Moderator Post **

Folks, keep this civil. Anymore name calling and/or abuse and action will be taken.
    Colby

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    Are people getting upset at the discussions because they are not happy to lose EC. If you don't like the topic, stay off the thread. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread. Personally, I want to hear about any rumours... good or bad the more information the better. If you have an update, feel free to share it. I can make up my mind about what to believe and what not to.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post

How about "Andre told my buddy"? It might be second hand but until we hear from Andre or CL it is as close as we can get.

I have a good idea who PEI is and he probably has the same source as me - someone close to Mr. Lacasse.

As mentioned by others, if you don't care about this thread stay off of it and read the news in the paper once the deal is announced.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    How about "Andre told my buddy"? It might be second hand but until we hear from Andre or CL it is as close as we can get.
    As previously stated, until it's on paper, it's not a done deal.

Real world example.

A company I used to work for had a "done deal" for a financing round with a very large Korean company (whose name starts with S). It was doner than done. It was extra well done. The bus. dev. guys assured us that the signature from the CEO was but a formality. We even held the the celebratory dinner with them to toast our future relationship.

One week later they reported a slightly lower profit than was expected and ALL discretionary spending was axed, including our fundig.

Ok, so you got a good dinner out of it.

Of course, until the contract is signed anything could happen but what's the harm in discussing it? People are just reporting whatever tidbits they hear about this pending big golf news in our city. Some of this info is fact based others might just be opinions, but regardless it is harmless banter to pass the frozen winter months in-between putting in the basement and watching Big Break reruns.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Chris Stevenson thinks it's getting closer and rumours the price to be $8m
    More...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

The Greyhawk Annual General Meeting which has historically been held the first Sunday of April for the last several years is on February 25th this year. That means all of the senior Clublink management will be in the area. Still unsure what this means, but again, it is something out of the ordinary.
    Colby

Thread Information