CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    The Marshes. And I have heard similar rumblings as PEI Golfing has regarding the EC "membership" leaving for other pastures.
    Oh yeah...forgot about them.

Speaking of the Marshes...maybe they'll hire back all of the staff they let go a few months back if they are getting a lot more members.

Anyone see anything weird in a multi-multi-millionaire trying to cut small costs at his golf course (not exactly a money-making venture to begin with!)...just seemed a little off in my opinion.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I herd from one of the regulars at E.C that he and some friends were going to the Marshes to join.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Agreed , that this would be a sad day if EC was sold to CL,but when i win the lottery i'm going to buy it back , all OG members play for half price !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Agreed , that this would be a sad day if EC was sold to CL,but when i win the lottery i'm going to buy it back , all OG members play for half price !
    Half price? what happened to free!!!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    The Marshes. And I have heard similar rumblings as PEI Golfing has regarding the EC "membership" leaving for other pastures.
    What I don't understand is why they wouldn't join Clublink if this is a done deal?

The Marshes is $4,000+GST/year, and you can get into Clublink for less than that.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Half price? what happened to free!!!
    I'll talk to the missus!
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Section TOne View Post
    What I don't understand is why they wouldn't join Clublink if this is a done deal?

The Marshes is $4,000+GST/year, and you can get into Clublink for less than that.
    My understanding is that the boys in question had a pretty sweet deal at EC. I would imagine that they are trying to negotiate a similar deal wherever they wind up and would likely not be paying full pop, Marshes or otherwise.

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    My understanding is that the boys in question had a pretty sweet deal at EC. I would imagine that they are trying to negotiate a similar deal wherever they wind up and would likely not be paying full pop, Marshes or otherwise.
    Ahhh, makes sense.

I'm new to the area so the subtle nuances of Ottawa golf still escape me...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    What Garth is describing is so rare that I would not put to much stock in trying to negotiate something similar. This is not "typical Ottawa" at all.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    What Garth is describing is so rare that I would not put to much stock in trying to negotiate something similar. This is not "typical Ottawa" at all.
    Heh, I wasn't even thinking about it. I had purchased my Clublink membership even prior to buying a home here in Ottawa.

I just figured that a moderate number of vocal golfers might be able to swing a discounted rate at an area course that may be hard up for guaranteed membership dollars.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    I understand that the the majority of the EC members who are purchasing Marshes memberships are taking the Marshes Gold level "off peak" time membership.
    See terms:
    http://www.brookstreet.ca/golf/memberships.html

Brookstreet Gold Golf Membershiponly $2,495 (plus GST)

• Unlimited golf on The Marshes Golf Course (GPS cart included) – weekday play before 11:30 am or after 3:00 pm and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays after 12:00 pm**
    • 50% discount on MarchWood, nine-hole golf course***
    • Full use of the Golf Practice Facility
    • 7-day advance booking privileges
    • Personalized membership card with house account^ for all Brookstreet outlets^^
    • Computerized QGA handicap system
    • Discounts on The Marshes public special event tournaments
    • Limited edition customized garment
    • Payment installment plan^^^

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    I understand that the the majority of the EC members who are purchasing Marshes memberships are taking the Marshes Gold level "off peak" time membership.
    See terms:
    http://www.brookstreet.ca/golf/memberships.html

Brookstreet Gold Golf Membershiponly $2,495 (plus GST)

• Unlimited golf on The Marshes Golf Course (GPS cart included) – weekday play before 11:30 am or after 3:00 pm and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays after 12:00 pm**
    • 50% discount on MarchWood, nine-hole golf course***
    • Full use of the Golf Practice Facility
    • 7-day advance booking privileges
    • Personalized membership card with house account^ for all Brookstreet outlets^^
    • Computerized QGA handicap system
    • Discounts on The Marshes public special event tournaments
    • Limited edition customized garment
    • Payment installment plan^^^

I did notice that package was available, and have to say that it is a heck of a deal.

Hell, I play 99% of my golf within their restricted time anyway!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I'll take EC 99 days out of 100 over The Marshes. Besides, The Marshes is a electric-buggy-only (no walking) facility - a big drawback for some, myself included. I'd never join a club that I couldn't walk.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Hey, 3jack, stop impersonating me!

Regarding the "deal" that the guys had at EC I'm pretty sure it's the same bunch of guys who ran the unofficial men's night. They were EC regulars, knew Mr. Lacasse and as such were able to swing a deal. As Dan has pointed out, that's unlikely to happen at any other course in the area.

Personally, if indeed the deal is done, I will miss EC.

Us walkers gotta stick together
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road

Eagle Creek

If this is a done deal it is a sad day for me as well. I would get to Eagle Creek four or five time a year. To me it is the best course in Ottawa. Always enjoyed playing there. Just have to try and get invited by a Club Link member.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langille5 View Post
    If this is a done deal it is a sad day for me as well. I would get to Eagle Creek four or five time a year. To me it is the best course in Ottawa. Always enjoyed playing there. Just have to try and get invited by a Club Link member.
    Well, there are enough of us clublink members that it should not be tough to get on the course. We can arrange an outing sometime.

I am very happy with the news as I have not played EC much over the years... but that will change now

3 Iron langille5 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks jmr73. Yeah the public's loss will definitely be Club Link members gain.

Gap Wedge GolfOttawa is on a distinguished road
    I just heard from someone in the know that cl just bought the exlusive rights to all rumours regarding any rumoured sale of any golf course in the area that is rumoured to be for sale. This is of course just a rumour and not a official press release.

could not resist

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfOttawa View Post
    I just heard from someone in the know that cl just bought the exlusive rights to all rumours regarding any rumoured sale of any golf course in the area that is rumoured to be for sale. This is of course just a rumour and not a official press release.

could not resist
    Please note that this post and all subsequent quotings of this post are Copyrighted and are the property of Club-Link and its parent company, Satan Inc. and may only be used with express permission signed in blood.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langille5 View Post
    Just let me know
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    The supposed EC unofficial members have not taken out memberships elsewhere. They simply looked into a few places incase the course has been sold. They definitely want to stay there and are waiting for the final word. Hopefully we'll see you at the Creek. My understanding is everything will be known next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Just let me know
    Ditto.

If the purchase does end up coming to fruition, I would be more than happy to take OttawaGolf members out to the course.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    If this deal goes through I will seriously be considering joining Clublink. EC is my absolute favorite course in the area.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Well, everyone hold their horses! In Chris Stevenson's blog on OttawaSun.com, he reports that the deal between ClubLink and Andre Lacasse seems to have fallen apart. Instead, reports of ClubLink expanding their course ownership in Montreal have surfaced with Islemere being the focus.

So maybe it wasn't a done deal after all? Or maybe it is and this is a smokescreen? Who knows...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That's interesting. Truth is, it aint a done deal yet.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Well, everyone hold their horses! In Chris Stevenson's blog on OttawaSun.com, he reports that the deal between ClubLink and Andre Lacasse seems to have fallen apart. Instead, reports of ClubLink expanding their course ownership in Montreal have surfaced with Islemere being the focus.

So maybe it wasn't a done deal after all? Or maybe it is and this is a smokescreen? Who knows...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooo!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post

There was already talk of Islemere weeks ago... the same time that EC was being discussed. My bet is that both courses will be picked up and announced at the same time in the coming weeks.

The deal did not fall through.

Thread Information