CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    [INDENT]4000 (close enough) / 75 rounds = $53/round if I play no other Clublink course which may be a bit steep(well Emerald Links is $51).
    4000... are you including you bar tab ?? You can't really count that since you are getting something in return. Unless that was including your entrance fees which for you would almost be paid off in the next couple of years. You should also factor in access to the range which is going to save you a couple of hundred dollars every year.

At around 50 rounds you should break-even. If you play the high-end courses that point will be lower. I kept track of what my rounds last year were costing me and my break-even point was in early July. Everything after that was free golf.

Apart from rounds at my home course that covered my dues, I played over 20 rounds at Rocky Crest, Fontainebleau, Le Maitre, and a bunch in Toronto that would have cost me over $100 a piece.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    4000... are you including you bar tab ?? You can't really count that since you are getting something in return. Unless that was including your entrance fees which for you would almost be paid off in the next couple of years. You should also factor in access to the range which is going to save you a couple of hundred dollars every year.

At around 50 rounds you should break-even. If you play the high-end courses that point will be lower. I kept track of what my rounds last year were costing me and my break-even point was in early July. Everything after that was free golf.

Apart from rounds at my home course that covered my dues, I played over 20 rounds at Rocky Crest, Fontainebleau, Le Maitre, and a bunch in Toronto that would have cost me over $100 a piece.
    You are right, I will adjust...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    If I move away from the greatest golf course in the valley (Renfrew) I might consider joining CL. I'd hate to do it, though, (move, that is,) But I sure did have a nice time at Eagle Creek this summer with the boys...
    Andrew

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    You are right, I will adjust...
    Some people see the $500 that we pay as part of the fees... I can't look at it that way. If I was not spending it at the clubhouse I would be spending it at a different restaurant. Because we can use it at any CL course it makes it easier to justify than if you had to spend it all at your home course.

Taking the girlfriend out to a nice meal at Rocky Crest or Le Maitre is just replacing a meal we would be paying for while on vacation anyway... It is not very difficult to blow through the F&B dues.

Now if you blow your bar tab on $8 beers you are not getting as much for your money... but the food is reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    Some people see the $500 that we pay as part of the fees... I can't look at it that way. If I was not spending it at the clubhouse I would be spending it at a different restaurant. Because we can use it at any CL course it makes it easier to justify than if you had to spend it all at your home course.

Taking the girlfriend out to a nice meal at Rocky Crest or Le Maitre is just replacing a meal we would be paying for while on vacation anyway... It is not very difficult to blow through the F&B dues.

Now if you blow your bar tab on $8 beers you are not getting as much for your money... but the food is reasonably priced.
    I don't drink, so that is an easy one for me. And the $8 beers aren't really $8 beers. Taxes and tip are built into that price. If I buy a $6 beer at a different course, the girl is probably getting $2 anyways in tip from me.

Most pure private courses have a F&B minimum, and they vary depending on the course. Camelot is over $1000 this year, and the dues are $3250. As you said, and I have experienced in the past, I usually grab a bite to eat after a round, so whether it is at the club or elsewhere, it doesn't really matter to me.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    . If I buy a $6 beer at a different course, the girl is probably getting $2 anyways in tip from me.
    33% tip!? Good thing you don't drink. She'd better be doing more the serving cold ones for that kinda tip.

I have mixed feelings about this pending news. Obviously fewer choices for the public golfer is bad but it is great news for current CL members & joining CL is something that I have been considering for awhile.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    33% tip!? Good thing you don't drink. She'd better be doing more the serving cold ones for that kinda tip.

I have mixed feelings about this pending news. Obviously fewer choices for the public golfer is bad but it is great news for current CL members & joining CL is something that I have been considering for awhile.
    Depends what she looks like! Plus I've seen some big tips to ensure that she keeps coming back...
    Colby

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    This is great news. Here's hoping the sale goes through and that CL offers a reasonalble initiation / payment plan as they did at Haute. If so, I'm in.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

5 Wood doctor-wedge is on a distinguished road
    10,000,000 million reasons why it is sold and yes it is a done deal already. i actually work in the golf industry and know this for a fact..

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-wedge View Post
    10,000,000 million reasons why it is sold
    Are you Terrel Owen's ex-publicist?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

BigFlopper

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFlopper View Post

link doesnt work

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    it is a done deal already. i actually work in the golf industry and know this for a fact..
    I spoke to Andre Lacasse yesterday and this is unconfirmed.

I am sure that if it is true there will be an announcement. Please people, relax on the "I know someone who knows someone who talked to someone who is pretty sure it's a done deal" .
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hey Jarred, the link from Weazl on the first page works fine.Have a look and see what your missing down in Michigan.

works now... hmm, didnt work before said the link was broken...

PS that was posted already

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    I have been one of the biggest Club Link rumour skeptics as you will note from a number of my previous posts.....ie. Club Link rumours leaked = Sale of more Memberships.

However, upon reading todays article in the Ottawa Sun, I checked with a reliable source and Andre Lacasse had told them the deal was done.
    Interesting to note that a large number of long time regular weekend players at Eagle Creek have been approaching and taking out Memberships at another Club.
    I would be willing to bet if thats occurring then its a "Done Deal" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Please people, relax on the "I know someone who knows someone who talked to someone who is pretty sure it's a done deal" .
    this should include "reliable sources"

unless your source is Andre Lacasse... post the link when its a dine deal

3 posts later...

I checked with a reliable source and Andre Lacasse had told them
    I'm gonna wait for the announcement...I lost a client and I am still not 100% on this. There is a reason it hasn't been announced, and I don't claim to know what it is.

Ok!! Read my previous posts and you will know I thought all these rumours were a joke and a waste of everyone's time......!!!

All I am saying now is the following is occuring:

A large number of long time regular weekend players at Eagle Creek have been approaching and taking out Memberships at another Club.
    I would be willing to bet if thats occurring then its a "Done Deal" !!!

do you know that for a fact?

Yes, received an email this morning stating in details. Why don't you check with a large nearby Championship Golf Club. They have had a recent spike in Membership sales.

rumour can cause people to do this...... if no one has seen proof or heard proof from Andre Lacasse.. then its still a rumour no matter what way you look at it

You are absolutely correct Jman. All I am saying is that these "long time" Eagle Creek golfers would not likely start buying memberships at another course unless they heard it from the "Source" himself.

Yes, I also agree with Dan and yourself that until Andre makes an "official" announcement then its still a deal pending.
    Many of us have worked in business long enough to know that a deal can go suddenly south at the 11th hour. There are also conditional periods to deal with, when something can go wrong.

So I agree, lets all wait until the "Official announcement".

CHEERS !!

Agreed PEI... from a business man to a business man... lets wait and see... im sure Dan will have the first word if this breaks (IF)

I don't know if I am "in the loop" now or not. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I don't know if I am "in the loop" now or not. Wait and see.
    Dan u are the loop

I'd like to think so. I got several calls the first week of Jan from Ottawa news teams regarding course openings. We'll see if I get a press release when/if the time comes.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    A sad day for golf in ottawa if it goes to Clublink. Another course with an unattainable initation and yearly fee for the average Joe. Must be nice to make a ton of cash!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Yes, received an email this morning stating in details. Why don't you check with a large nearby Championship Golf Club. They have had a recent spike in Membership sales.
    What "championship" golf course would that be? Because all Kanata or Loch March has had is the Club championship !!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    What "championship" golf course would that be? Because all Kanata or Loch March has had is the Club championship !!
    The Marshes. And I have heard similar rumblings as PEI Golfing has regarding the EC "membership" leaving for other pastures.

Thread Information