CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Thumbs up Two new courses on The OttawaGolf Club

The OttawaGolf Club is now up to 18 courses and growing!

Madawaska Golf Club in Arnprior and Timber Run in Lanark will be coming on board within a week or two. OGC Members can play at both courses for $15 weekdays and $18 on weekends.

www.ottawagolf.com/club for the full list.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Madawaska

Madawaska is still on your listing but not available yet on the booking form. Are they still coming on board this year?
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Yes, hopefully tomorrow they should be ready to go online. They wanted a bunch of things done first. Fingers crossed.

Madawaska is now available for online booking, and for play by club members. Sorry for the delay.
    It is listed as "Twisted Pines" which is the name of the regulation length course.

FYI The short course at Madawaska is known as Sumac Grove

Question Slight glitch in the system

I thought I would try booking it for Saturday. The system is telling me that my account will be booked for $99!! I trust you will fix that.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Yup.

Lob Wedge spankee is on a distinguished road
    Played Timber Run on the weekend and it a short but challenging course. A bit of a drive from Ottawa but if you are out that way, it is worth the time. Greens are great. Each hole is different. Normal green fees on weekends are $27 (sunday there is golf and a buffet for $35) Quite the bargain.

Thumbs down Timber Run

I also played Timber Run on the weekend and was quite disappointed. The greens were good, but the fairways were so-so and the tee boxes were generally in terrible shape.

They do have some very nice par 3 holes - #2 and #11 stand out as being very good. And some of the green locations on the par 4s and 5s are also interesting and chanllenging. The clubhouse is nice. But the layout for tee shorts on the par 4s and 5s leaves something to be desired.

It is a short, hilly course with tight fairways that demand accuracy off the tee. Fair enough. But almost all of the tee shots are blind shots, and the hole layout maps are terrible. So you need pinpoint accuracy but don't know where to aim. And it doesn't help that many of the "blind" fairways end up running along the sides of hills, so your ball's final resting place bears little resemblance to where it initially landed.

IMHO, this is not a recipe for an enjoyable round of golf - especially for a public golfer like me who only plays the same course 2 or 3 times a year.

Lob Wedge spankee is on a distinguished road

Re: Timber Run

Originally posted by el tigre
    I also played Timber Run on the weekend and was quite disappointed. The greens were good, but the fairways were so-so and the tee boxes were generally in terrible shape.

IMHO, this is not a recipe for an enjoyable round of golf - especially for a public golfer like me who only plays the same course 2 or 3 times a year.

Fair enough comments, certainly tee boxes need time and some of the tees are situated in the mistake area for drives on other holes. But for a course far from everything, and $27 on the weekend, I think it is very good deal. My expectations would change if I was paying $40 on the weekend.

Thread Information