CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cedarhill

Ty Webb

Cedarhill

Gidday all,

Living in Nepean, I was thinking of purchasing a number of rounds from Cedarhill. Does anybody have any comments about this course? I heard through the grapevine that they may be experiencing some financial difficulties!

Ty

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Cedarhill

Don't know (or care) about their finances, but I've always found it a very nice course to play. Conditioning and service are first-rate. If you are a long bomber, you might find the course a little short - but it is still challenging.

My only problem with it is the spot on the course where the cart path actually crosses IN FRONT of the tee boxes on several occasions. It is very dangerous, and some day (if it hasn't already occurred), someone is going to be seriously hurt.

Casselview has a similar situation, where you cross in front of #8 walking between #13 & #14, but they have a large sign warning you about it. Also, #8 is a par 3 and the path is 50 yards in front of the tee box, so the balls would typically be going over your head if you missed the sign.

At Cedarhill, you step directly in front of a tee box for #13 crossing from #5 to #6, plus you can easily get dinged from #13 when approaching the #13 tee box. You can also get hit from someone teeing off on #11 when you are walking from #10 to #11. No signage anywhere. Be aware when you play there.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Larimac

I believe that it's #2 at Larimac where you have to hit your tee shot OVER the road. It's just a little road that goes down to the Gatineau river but you basically have to "look both ways" before hitting your drive!

Thread Information