CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    "Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    If it was someone who I thought was my friend, then I definitely would pass it up. Spite is a powerful tool. If, on the other hand, some guy came up to me on the street and gave me the same opportunity, I would probably take it.
    LOL, why on earth would you do that? I would think you would take the job so its more money in your "friends" pocket. Sure he is being a gready sob but atleast its going to someone you know.

For all those asking how can you garantee you will love the job blah blah blah. WHo knows, maybe the guy has super powers and he can garantee it. Bottom line is, you know its true, its fact and based on that what would you do. I've asked a few people. THey gave me jarred's answer. They wouldn't do it out of spite. Some people made up exucses as to why they wouldn't do it but I know its out of spite. One person said, If they are going to give me 60% more money then I'm assuming I will be working my ass of to earn it so if I give 20% of that way, I'm now underpaid, good point but flawed. He is under the impression that everyone is compensated based on how hard they work.. which I'm sure we all know is not the case. Sales guys make more than a researcher for a lawyer, maybe 6 times as much but they don't work 6 times as hard as the researcher.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, I don't expect anything from some guy on the street. If they can get me a hefty pay raise out of the blue, I see no reason why I shouldn't take it, and give them a cut. If, on the other hand, it was a friend, I would expect more of them. They're not supposed to friggiin blackmail me.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just re-read your original question. If I read it right you HAVE the job, no ifs about it. So NOW your friend comes along with his hand out? Don't be as dumb as he was/is. Sounds like a buzzard or a hyena waiting for his share, having done none of the work. if he struck the deal before you signed on then different, but if it is after the fact, just scratch him off your Christmas Card list.

Thread Information