CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDuster View Post
    Wonder if they have a theoretical cap on the number of members. Are any courses actually closed to new members? Can certainly see how expansion is a fundamental part of their business plan.
    They have an estimated cap at each club and appear to maintain that cap through the initiation fees. When the number is below the cap, fees are lower or they raise the level of the club (like Hautes Plaines), when they start approaching the cap, they raise the fees. I remember a few years back Kanata was at 27K, now it is 22.5K. Supply and demand.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    Can I mention that it sems alot of the Clublink rumors come from Clublink employee's. I personally had the experience of bing told by a Clublink employee in charge of aquireing new clubs in this area that there were deals that were all but done.
    My point is that I can see how as a member being told about these new course, which I might add were named, may lead to rumor posts on this board. So before I dismiss someone as a troll or rumor starter I have to consider that they may have gotten their information from what they consider a good source.
    It makes no sense to me why anyone from Clublink would want the rumors being spread. It can't make things easier in negotiations.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So far, none of it has been true. Many sources of past rumours had impeccible credentials. Many of whom were told by clublink emplyees it was all but a done deal.

Still waiting for a real story. Who knows maybe there's one actually happening. Maybe not.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    When are we gonna read about Reservation Masters expansion to more courses around the Ottawa area

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Patience Grasshopper.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Wink RM Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by dH View Post
    When are we gonna read about Reservation Masters expansion to more courses around the Ottawa area
    I'm going to start a new thread on this so as not to be labelled a thread hi-jacker.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Is it not very interesting how some have you mentioned that the Club Link rumours are coming from Club link employees. I am just curious on how many new Club Link members have signed up over the past number of years in anticipation that they will soon be golfing at Stonebridge, Eagle Creek etc..........I would be willing to bet that it is more than just a few and that has translated into some significant $$$$ in new membership for Club Link. In business we have seen on many occasions these rumours originating from the firm themselves (true or false) to benefit interest in the company which has often increased share value $$$, sales .........Fortunately there are laws against this and we have been seeing a few CEOs marching off to prison for providing false information.

Just my two cents worth but ALWAYS CONSIDER THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION !!!!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Wink Buyer Beware

Guess there is a moral there. Don't buy unless Dan says it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Is it not very interesting how some have you mentioned that the Club Link rumours are coming from Club link employees. I am just curious on how many new Club Link members have signed up over the past number of years in anticipation that they will soon be golfing at Stonebridge, Eagle Creek etc..........I would be willing to bet that it is more than just a few and that has translated into some significant $$$$ in new membership for Club Link. In business we have seen on many occasions these rumours originating from the firm themselves (true or false) to benefit interest in the company which has often increased share value $$$, sales .........Fortunately there are laws against this and we have been seeing a few CEOs marching off to prison for providing false information.

This makes sense I am sure in alot of cases but not in mine. I had jined based on an initiation offer and an upgrade on my home course changeing from ilver to gold. The information provided by Clublinks rep to me was only after I had already signed thats why I can't figure the need to give any information like this.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Yes, but if you told some of your golf buddies this info provided by the Club Link Rep, I would be willing to bet that at least a few of them would be contacting the Rep regarding purchasing a membership also. This is what I explained can occur in my previous post. You also have to question where the Club Link Rep received this information. If he was told from a higher source within the organization and its supposed to be confidential, why is he "freely" passing it on to members. You do this in most companies or government departments and you will likely find yourself without a job.........

Again you have to question why this information is being "freely" leaked from Club Link employees......??? Just speculation, but once again do you think they may keep the membership sales going strong in anticipation of playing some high-end courses in the near future (ie. EC, Stonebridge)..........

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Again you have to question why this information is being "freely" leaked from Club Link employees......???
    It is a marketing technique.

It generates discussion much like the one in this thread.
    It gets people excited about joining.
    It gets people interested in upgrading their membership.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Actually everything I heard about Stonebridge came first hand from someone who has nothing to do with Clublink. The reason I bought was the price at the time, not what they were eluding too. In fact when I bought, nobody was eluding to anything!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I'm just waiting to sing as soon as there is something close to Nepean. Last year, I was considering signing up at Hautes Plaines as it's less expensive. I don't have the cash to buy at Kanata and I wouldn't as it too much....

So the way I see it, If I can play several courses for one price then it makes more sense to me. One membership with access to more courses.

As per becoming a member to one course, I have considered it but when you talk to members who are having problem getting teetimes, CL looks like a better option. (i.e I spoke to a member of one (close to Carleton Place) and he said that unless I play early mornings... then don't as they have too many tournaments....)

Yet, I won't buy based on rumors...

Yes, but if you told some of your golf buddies this info provided by the Club Link Rep, I would be willing to bet that at least a few of them would be contacting the Rep regarding purchasing a membership also. This is what I explained can occur in my previous post. You also have to question where the Club Link Rep received this information. If he was told from a higher source within the organization and its supposed to be confidential, why is he "freely" passing it on to members. You do this in most companies or government departments and you will likely find yourself without a job.........

Again you have to question why this information is being "freely" leaked from Club Link employees......??? Just speculation, but once again do you think they may keep the membership sales going strong in anticipation of playing some high-end courses in the near future (ie. EC, Stonebridge)..........
    While I understand your point I find that most people aren't going to drop at least a $5000 initiation fee pluss another $2700 min. in anual dues based on speculation of any kind.
    Further to this point is that the people who are most sceptical about these rumors tend to be Clublink members as they have all heard them a thousand times. When I joined HP had not yet gone gold and the member had been told it the anouncement was coming. I played my first round with long time members and when I brought it up they thought it was a joke.
    I personally don't like the rumors since it does alot of damage to the courses in the rumored to be being purchased.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Without naming names, I heard directly from a respected local businessman that runs a local indoor facility - "the deal is done, Clublink has purchased EC, I just spoke to Andre LaCasse"
    I'm not trying to churn the rumour mill here, but I did hear this last Saturday.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Other Clublink potential offers/rumours:

http://www.ontgolf.ca/blogs/2007/01/...es-the-market/

Apparently all offers were rejected but there's a note at the bottom about another offer.

Thread Information