100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Talking What an insane finish!

The Seahawks sure dodged a bullet there. I can't believe the last 4 minutes! Absolutely wild!

Wierd bounces for Dallas teams in the last couple of days for sure. First the Stars and now the Cowboys. I think I'll tune in to the Mavericks next game just to see what happens.

Great start to the year in the world of sports highlights!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

"Richard"
    the finnish to that football game has set back my social life a few months for sure. I was talking to a girl and was pretending I was listening to her. Kept throwing in the occasional Yup, yeah, so true, ok and just the basic convo fillers. THen romo fumbled the snap and I yelled out OMG, YOU STUPID #(*#$ #(&#$(#. WHO MISSES A FIELD GOAL IN THE LAST MINUTE OF THE GAME!!?!?!?!

ummm, are you watching football while I'm pouring my heart out to you? CLICK

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Man...Romo chokes worse than Latrell Spreewell, Dan Cloutier, and Patrick Lalime combined. Sorry...that was mean...nobody can choke as badly as Lalime....or Cloutier...and nobody can equal Spreewell's level of chokage. But still, Romo sucks. Talk about a confidence builder.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Surprised me that the booth didn't review the botched snap play. It looked very close to the ground causing the fumble. If the ground caused the fumble, Romo was extremely close to the first down, close enough to review it anyway. Glad Seattle won though, not much of a cowboys fan.
    Today, New England wins and Giants lose.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Thought they weren't allowed challenges and reviews in the last couple minutes of games???? But I thought the same thing you did after seeing the replay from the side. Very close to the first down.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Thought they weren't allowed challenges and reviews in the last couple minutes of games???? But I thought the same thing you did after seeing the replay from the side. Very close to the first down.
    The guys upstairs can tell the ref to review a play inside the last 2 minutes of a half if they see something questionable.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Surprised me that the booth didn't review the botched snap play. It looked very close to the ground causing the fumble. If the ground caused the fumble, Romo was extremely close to the first down, close enough to review it anyway. Glad Seattle won though, not much of a cowboys fan.
    Today, New England wins and Giants lose.
    For a moment there I thaought Romo was actually going to score anyway. That shoestring tackle saved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    The guys upstairs can tell the ref to review a play inside the last 2 minutes of a half if they see something questionable.

Can't believe they didn't get the call to review. He looked down and close to the first down. I never caught how much time was left when this debaucle happened. Does anyone know?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Yep, surprised the booth didn't review it. Great, great diving tackle for sure. I wasn't impressed with Seattles running game at all. One thing is for certain, without that home crowd advantage, it'll be very tough for them to win again.

About a buck thirty Geoff. It was under two minutes for sure.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    2 nd guessing is easy. They had enough time to go for the 1st down. If they get the td then the Seahawks have to score a TD to win it. If Dallas had made the FG they stiil could have lost it on a field goal.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    2 nd guessing is easy. They had enough time to go for the 1st down. If they get the td then the Seahawks have to score a TD to win it. If Dallas had made the FG they stiil could have lost it on a field goal.
    No coach in his right mind would have gone for the first down. Nobody's going to risk turning the ball over on downs, instead of a chip-shot field goal to take the lead (also, Seattle had no timeouts left). You have to trust your defence. Even the Dallas defence.

Not even Boise State's coach would have made that call!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    He was short of the first down for sure. He went down on the 3 yard line. The ball might have been at the 2 at the time. He had to get inside the 1.

Dallas choke as much as I have ever seen.

In a playoff game though, there's no way that play shouldn't have been reviewed. Even in slow motion I thought the ground caused the fumble.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    No coach in his right mind would have gone for the first down. Nobody's going to risk turning the ball over on downs, instead of a chip-shot field goal to take the lead (also, Seattle had no timeouts left). You have to trust your defence. Even the Dallas defence.

Not even Boise State's coach would have made that call!
    Boise's went for the 2 point to win it. In his right mind he would have kicked the xtra point. I guess he either did not trust his defence anymore or he was simply nuts. I would have liked the last play to be more of a trick play than an Hail Mary.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Boise's went for the 2 point to win it. In his right mind he would have kicked the xtra point. I guess he either did not trust his defence anymore or he was simply nuts. I would have liked the last play to be more of a trick play than an Hail Mary.
    I remember the BSU coach said that his D was too tired and if they had to match Oklahoma TD for TD, they couldn't do it. So they had to win it by getting the 2-point conversion.

I too was hoping to see a hook-and-ladder (or lateral, whatever) play, something other than a Hail Mary.

Anybody notice Terry Glenn just standing behind the pile of players that jumped for the ball in the end zone? He just stood there! Weird...

I remember the BSU coach said that his D was too tired and if they had to match Oklahoma TD for TD, they couldn't do it. So they had to win it by getting the 2-point conversion.

I too was hoping to see a hook-and-ladder (or lateral, whatever) play, something other than a Hail Mary.

Anybody notice Terry Glenn just standing behind the pile of players that jumped for the ball in the end zone? He just stood there! Weird...
    Another solid "team" player for the 'Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Another solid "team" player for the 'Boys.
    I wasn't saying that, Glenn has been great for the Cowboys, at least he doesn't drop passes like T.O. Although that fumble was brutal.

He just looked out of it...

I wasn't saying that, Glenn has been great for the Cowboys, at least he doesn't drop passes like T.O. Although that fumble was brutal.

He just looked out of it...

I'm just implying a team in disarray. Parcells is probably glad in a way that the season is over.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    The play is designed for Glenn to satnd behind the pack. He is hoping for a tip ball....

They work on that play during practice and every player has a job to do... For Glen it is to stand behind the pack...

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    In a playoff game though, there's no way that play shouldn't have been reviewed. Even in slow motion I thought the ground caused the fumble.
    According to nfl.com there was no fumble. Romo was tackled at the 2, so he was a yard short of the 1st down marker. Dallas turned it over on downs.

I know what you mean about Seattle having a bruital day on the ground, but Alexander's 20 yard run to get them out of the shadow of the goalposts was probably their biggest 1st down of the season.

You have to fault the Cowboys offence for losing the game because their defence kept bringing the heat. Hasselbeck had very few clean chances all game.

Thread Information