CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (March Break)

I’m planning to drive down with my family (3 kids + wife) for March Break. My plan was to rent a villa for a week. Golf early mornings and rest/play with my kids.

I would appreciate any idea, tips, coupons, golf passports, warnings, etc.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    You can check out these sites if you are just starting your search or are new to the area (MB, SC).
    http://www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com/ and www.myrtlebeachonline.com. Also I have used http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com to book our last two trips there and they did a fantastic job, cost very competative and results positive. Good luck.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I second both of Kiwi's suggestions. The forums at Myrtle Beach Golf Talk can answer almost any question you might have.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Also I have used http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com to book our last two trips there and they did a fantastic job, cost very competative and results positive. Good luck.
    Thanks Kiwi.

314314: Drop us an email and we can provide several golf package ideas for your group. We offer all 100 golf courses and several villa locations (golf course villas and oceanfront condos) for you to choose from. I'm not sure if you received our latest Ottawa Golf promotion sent out last Friday, so here it is:

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com/html_email/index.html
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thanks for responses!!! I'll check the links and follow up with them...

Just booked on the week of March break... I'm single player so if you're at MB send me a pm so we could arrange a game or two...I also got a discount card at http://www.golfcard.com/

can't wait!!!!! we're two players now....

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    I did this a few years ago....at this time of the year , it can be tough to get a real early tee time but if you call around can be had.

there are often discount coupons in the papers but also the golf booking desks are great.

In March, unfortunately alot of the outdoor activities and water parks and such are not open yet but still tons to do.

Make sure that you take the family to the Aquarium.....fantastic, you get to go under and through the shark tank !

lots of shopping and places, and restuarants near the Aquarium as well.
    Barefoot Landing has loads of shops and a nice place to walk about with the family.

enjoy the beach, one of the nicest there is anywhere....kids can pick shells and play for hours

enjoy

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Sharks teeth

Take along a small sifter--like the one used for flour-but coarse---the kids can sift sand at the beach looking for sharks teeth---once they find one they will be at it for hours.. They are usually found at the high tide line.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Just got in town...

I just got in town... easy drive from Ottawa... Kids are really happy... Lot's of Ontario and Quebec license plates...

The kids and wife were really happy about the trip. The accommodation was not the greatest (won’t stay there again) but the beach and swimming pools paid off well. The ocean was freezing but who can complain with 20+. Friday was cold, well compared to the other days.

Wife did quite a bit of shopping at outlets and mall. Aquarium is amazing (yet expensive). My kids were glued to the go-carts at NASCAR facilities.

Monday – Myrtle Beach National (WEST) – I play again.
    Tuesday – Willbrook Plantation (Slow players) – Won’t play there too slow. We could not finish it…
    Tuesday – River Club – Yes, very nice.
    Wednesday – King North at Myrtle Beach National (The greens were not in a good shape). Yes, I put two in the water at the gambler! I play again…
    Thursday – Litchfield Club narrow fairways. I play again.

All of them were basically packed… at MBN (3 course facility) they pack 700 golfers every day… so it’s busy….so recommendations; be the first one to tee off or play late…otherwise you will be waiting to hit… I guess I got spoiled in Ottawa as it’s rare that I wait to hit… Lot’s visitors from NY, NJ and Boston, in general nice bunch of golfers…

All the courses were great considering that it was March! Lots of bunkers, water and uneven greens, you can hit all your irons and wedges….you have to plan your game. My favorite would be Litchfield which happened to be in the best shape out of all of them.

Overall, the trip was a great golfing experience and family enjoyed it… We’ll try to go next year for sure…

Thanks to EDSGOLF for booking the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    Thanks to EDSGOLF for booking the rounds.
    You're welcome. That's too bad you weren't able to finish your Willbrook round.

Where did you stay?
    Myrtle Beach Golf

It's a shame about Willbrook. That's one of my favourite courses down there.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I stayed at http://www.compasscove.com/ the facility looks that needs a lot of work and the hotel was outdated. Lot's of issues with the elevetors and the wireless internet did not work (on/off) all the time.Yet, personnel were friendly and quick to give you a hand.

As per Willbrook, we got a rain check for the back nine which I could not use it this time.

Again, Kids and Wife were really happy so this might turn into a classic for us... Next year, we might get into a newer facility and play golf where the locals play...

Next time, you may want to consider The Roxanne Towers or The Caravelle Resort, both oceanfront accommodations.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

I've stayed in the Caravelle twice and it is quite nice, especially with the renovations that have taken place.
    Colby

I'm planning go visit MB again... as single player.. what are my options? I'm taking the family so staying right at the beach...

anyone else going? Maybe we can pair up at some games.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Mb2008

I am going a group (fourth year, guys only) in mid-April. Booking through EDSGolf and I am sure he can set you up. Also found a web site...mbga.com that has some interesting articles. Not sure about the credibility of the site but some interesting reading. May also be something of value at MyrtleBeachOnline.com. Have a good trip.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-09-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo

If you are looking for people to possibly pair up with, or to find out some information on playing as a single, as your questions on the forum at www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com. There's lots of assistance there!
    Colby

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    I'm planning go visit MB again... as single player.. what are my options? I'm taking the family so staying right at the beach...

I have gone to Myrtle on a last minute free accomodation deal as a single once and also with the family and done the same thing as you will.

Here is what I have done.

The first time I was staying at one of the main hotels ( Sand Dunes) they all will have a booking service and will be able to call around and find a spot for you. this is the easiest way.

Last time I went with the family , I just called the courses myself and in one instance ( Kings North ) just drove up to the pro shop and asked when could they fit me in as a single. This was just as easy and cheaper.

Alot depends on what time of the day you play, In March they typically will run off the front and back nines in the morning then again in the afternoon. If you are willing to play twilite there will be unlimited opportunities.

Most golf courses will not allow us to book for single golfers. Your best bet is to call the golf courses the day before or the day of play to see what is available. Depending on the time of year, you may have to be very patient and flexible.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information