• It's a pretty putter

16 25.00%
  • I would take one if someone would give me one

20 31.25%
  • I GOTTA HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!

9 14.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    Though everyone may not agree.. Scotty putters are made out of superior materials, and with far superior R&D...
    And because people keep buying into this hype, the prices just keep going up, and up...

Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    I will argue all day that a Scotty putter is better than a 50 dollar Spalding.
    It may be constructed of "superior materials", but the putter is only as good as the person using it.

If you like to collect or use Scotties because of their esthetic quality, then so be it, but as the old quote goes, "no amount of eccentric implement will make a bad putter putt better".
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar

Putters

I have broken 80 twice in my life, 39-39=78, both times I one-putted 11 greens, both times I used a battered $10 BullsEye standard.

For Christmas this year, I splurged and bought a $68 Tommy Armour EFT 4, a classic heel shafted blade style. This is the nicest putter I have ever owned. I definitely intend to break 90 in the spring, and then set my sights on 80.

I am happy for those who enjoy collecting expensive clubs. Vive la difference!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I get a lot of entertainment out of hunting for a good piece, or selling/trading a piece. It is fun to collect & trade things you like, there's no doubt about it (for me anyways).

But in addition to that, I have to say that if you gave me a putter that I used better than my Scotty, I would start using it. When it comes to the course, it's all about getting the ball in the hole...atm for me that happens to be a Scotty (newport 2.5, or possibly an sd1), in the past it's been a red x, a ping anser, a ping g2i Tess, a ping craz-E, and a junker old wilson that came with a cheap starter set.

When Nike's new line came out I was right there in golf town trying them out ... same when the ping G5's came out..I've tried them all and so far the Cameron is ahead, and whether that si because they are the best or because I think they are the best and as a result putt with more confidence is irrelevant, atm I have the best shot of making a putt with a cameron.

The real reason I get excited with Scotty Cameron putters is the quality of the craftsmanship, the look of them, and the unbelievably large number of options available to me...I love tinkering around with different clubs, shafts, grips etc etc and when it comes to putters nobody can beat cameron for selection ... not to mention the options available from the custom studio.

And that is the same reason why I am excited to hear about Callaway's new wedge program...options for people that love to tinker with clubs. I'd love to see vokey do the same, but if they don't I'll be playing Cally wedges by next season.

As for posting links to high priced auctions for the sole purpose of mocking collectors, or stirring the pot w/ collectors, I think it's in bad taste, and falls in on the same level as ClubLink bashing ... some people like it/some people don't (just like clublink) ... maybe we could give it a rest now that the point's been made by both sides...especially now that we have our own section just like ClubLink
    Last edited by Nat Williams; 01-03-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    should have mentioned in my previous post:

I'm all for talking equipment, and have no problem hearing someone say they don't like Scotties, or they prefer something else, and don't want to scotty debate/putter debate to stop ... my last paragraph is strictly referring to people mocking pricing of things that people have chosen to spend their money on, I think that is in bad taste regardless of the item in question...we all have our favorite things, and now that this has been brought up to great lengths i'd like to see some constructive chatting instead of bashing
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    should have mentioned in my previous post:

I'm all for talking equipment, and have no problem hearing someone say they don't like Scotties, or they prefer something else, and don't want to scotty debate/putter debate to stop ... my last paragraph is strictly referring to people mocking pricing of things that people have chosen to spend their money on, I think that is in bad taste regardless of the item in question...we all have our favorite things, and now that this has been brought up to great lengths i'd like to see some constructive chatting instead of bashing
    I love this comment... I could care less on what ppl spend money on.. You won't hear me say.. "You paid what for that, your crazy" And thats my ultimate petpeave.. That and ppl who can't drive the SPEED LIMIT haha..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Damn, and I wanted to chime in on the anti-scotties that are carrying $400-600 drivers.

For me. Since owning my first scotty early last year. The fact that I had a nice putter and didnt want it to be a waste of money made me want to practice my putting and it did. now I'm a much better putter for it. May not of done that if I owned any other putter.
    I also agree that part of the excitment of collecting is hunting down a good deal and turning a profit.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    BTW I voted for Scotty Who? In your defense (the scotty lovers out there) I don't think Colby gave you much in the way of degrees of Scotty lovin'. Big difference between "Oh I guess I will take it, if it's free" to "OOOOHH MY PRECIOUSSSSSS" ;-)
    I had trouble thinking of something in the middle...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Anyway, I'm not sure what it is. THe putter? Me knowing I'm using a $400 putter? But I'm hitting putts I don't him normally. As long as I keep putting like this I will never change putters again. As for owning them all or collecting them, I would never. I don't understand what the fuss is but I can completely understand the obsession that goes with collecting things. I have a huge coo coo clock collection back home in BC. Eventually I will have the entire collection here but I'm not joking when I say my home isn't big enough to house them all. People think I'm crazy but if J leno can collect cars, people on this site can collect putters... why not clocks. There is just something sexy about 100 clocks all going "coo coo" at the same time!!! Its beautiful

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I jumped on the Scotty Band Wagon back in June when I bought a Circa 62 #2.

It was a nice putter, but it was too long for me and I did not want to cut it down. Sold it to SillyWilly, he bought it for a friend of his.

Was it a nice putter? Sure it was. Did I putt any better with it compared to my Tracy II or my Rosa Fontana?

NO. Now maybe if I had cut it down to the length I like it might have been better. However I have putted with 35 inch putters in the past and had success.

If you want to own them all and have the cash to do so then go ahead. Like anything else some people go overboard though. Paying $100+ for a Scotty headcover seems absurd to me. But to each his own
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Playing Winter Rules RBAKER is on a distinguished road RBAKER's Avatar
    I like my Yes Putter- its kinda nice. I once had the FUTURA, and it was okay.

Its really good marketing. Its all Fashion in golf now.
    Membership- GlenCairn Golf Club

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I remember what I voted in this poll Boy, has my vote now changed
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I would take my Odysseys over Cameron any day.

Hmmm, maybe this should be "Ressurect Old Thread Day" since we're getting all this white stuff.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yep--my new "two-ball" is a beautiful piece of artwork. Boy--I guess we all hate shoveling
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thats what I got- a YES and a TWO BALL ( the original Two ball)

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I don't know about all the claims on craftsmanship. I have never paid attention to what metals all the different putters I have owned in life were made of. I just putted with them and put a cover on top.
    Couple years ago I buy my first scotty. Love the look. After one week of use I see a little dirt mark I can't rub off...then a week later a second...then many dirt marks.....only to eventually realize its rust spots. Go online to find this can be a common problem and I am supposed to be super methodical cleaning and drying it and rubbing it in exotic oils every nite...and massaging it twice mthly with special cloths bought from scotty at high prices.
    Took more attention that all my ex girlfriends combined.

Picked up a second hand ray cook here in forum that only needs a kiss from me once in awhile and it always looks good. Scotty is long gone.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    I've played an SC putters since 1997 and there is nothing that feels better or makes more putts than an SC and i have tried them all (even all the new ones).

The best line of all...... I was playing a round at Crowbush in PEI back in 2000 with a friend of mine and we were teamed up with an old guy (must have been at least 75 years old). Anyway i was playing pretty good and was sinking putts from all all over the place. On the 6th hole (i made a birdie) and the old guy came over to me and said.... "You know son (I'm in my fifties) i've never seen a guy with a Scotty Cameron putter that couldn't putt". That said it all....

Advice........ "Dont leave home without it".........
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

That is hillarious. You must really adore that putter.

All that love and attention. may she never desert you for better or rust.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    I don't know about all the claims on craftsmanship. I have never paid attention to what metals all the different putters I have owned in life were made of. I just putted with them and put a cover on top.
    Couple years ago I buy my first scotty. Love the look. After one week of use I see a little dirt mark I can't rub off...then a week later a second...then many dirt marks.....only to eventually realize its rust spots. Go online to find this can be a common problem and I am supposed to be super methodical cleaning and drying it and rubbing it in exotic oils every nite...and massaging it twice mthly with special cloths bought from scotty at high prices.
    Took more attention that all my ex girlfriends combined.

Picked up a second hand ray cook here in forum that only needs a kiss from me once in awhile and it always looks good. Scotty is long gone.

Thread Information