100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comrie to Sens

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road

Comrie to Sens

The Sens traded the ineffective (thus far) Alexei Kaigarodov to the Coyotes for C Mike Comrie.

"Richard"
    sweet, now they can get rid of that idiot alfie and make some cap space for next season! trade alfie for 2 first round picks and a prospect!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    sweet, now they can get rid of that idiot alfie and make some cap space for next season! trade alfie for 2 first round picks and a prospect!
    wow, you're smart...Muckler's got nothing on you! C'mon...have you given up on the Sens already?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    sweet...trading a guy who would never play for the Sens again for a good solid centreman. not sure how they fit him under the cap though....

6 Iron Moose Head is on a distinguished road Moose Head's Avatar
    Good pickup. Sens should have kept Kaigarodov and do nothing with him to make him pay for jumping ship. He got his wish and will likely be back in the next few weeks.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Dunno about that moosehead... apparently the coyotes have another russian who refused to report to their ahl team and went home crying with his ball too...

Regardless, the sens got something for nothing. I liked Comrie a few years back when he was in Edmo, but since then he's not done much... depth nonetheless I guess. I'll take him over Nedved any day of the week.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    great trade for the sens....a bit of a cap issue, but kaigodorov was never going to do anything for us. Depe, enough of your post padding "trade alfie for 3 first rounder" posts. You know any team that would take that would take that offer would have to be the dumbest management group in NHL history. On second thought, give the Isles a call on that one....you never know.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Wow, it looks like I'll have to suspend my membership in the "John Muckler is the Stupidest GM Alive" club for a day or so.......kudos for getting something for nothing here

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    kaigodorov was never going to do anything for us.
    ...or anyone else for that matter.
    From what i saw Kaigorodov would be a really good Jr.B player.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Wow, it looks like I'll have to suspend my membership in the "John Muckler is the Stupidest GM Alive" club for a day or so.......kudos for getting something for nothing here
    Don't jump off too fast Hacker, there is still 3 weeks left for him to make some real DUMB move(s) ....... like picking up Nedved.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Don't jump off too fast Hacker, there is still 3 weeks left for him to make some real DUMB move(s) ....... like picking up Nedved.....
    Oh my God - Thank you for small miracles!!!

The funny thing is the Make Beliefs made a claim on Deadved too

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    great trade for the sens....a bit of a cap issue, but kaigodorov was never going to do anything for us. Depe, enough of your post padding "trade alfie for 3 first rounder" posts. You know any team that would take that would take that offer would have to be the dumbest management group in NHL history. On second thought, give the Isles a call on that one....you never know.

trade alfie and redden for iginla

At least they didn't draft hime dead

trade alfie and redden for iginla
    I agree with getting rid of Redden, but keep Alfie, just take the 'C' away and give it to somone more vocal in the dressing room......

"Richard"
    get rid of redden, gerber and alfie...

No one will want Gerbers salary..... a Muckler mistake

Put the 'C' on Emery..... he isn't afraid to call a spade a spade !

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar

Why is it that someone always brings up the leafs while talking about the sens.
    Great pick up for the sens. Comrie is going to be key in a run to the playoffs.
    Only wish my leafs could have picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    Why is it that someone always brings up the leafs while talking about the sens.
    Great pick up for the sens. Comrie is going to be key in a run to the playoffs.
    Only wish my leafs could have picked him up.
    Because it is fun to rub salt into a FORTY YEAR OLD WOUND!!!

But I'll add you to the very short list of Leaf fans who can actually form a sentence

.......j/k Knickers

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Great game tonight. Comrie fits right in with Sens system..
    To think I almost ran over Muckler at the Centrum parking lot a few years back when we lived in Kanata then

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Because it is fun to rub salt into a FORTY YEAR OLD WOUND!!!

But I'll add you to the very short list of Leaf fans who can actually form a sentence

.......j/k Knickers
    LOL, ya if the sens keep winning I'll have to jump ship. But then I'll have to buy a case of beer to get me one of those nice LEAFS SUCK t-shirts. Or do you order them from the ottawa sun?
    On that note I didnt see the game but It sounds like Comrie is a nice fit and we'll see you in the playoffs I hope.

Comrie looked really good IMO - I just wish that Muckler would have kept his damn mouth shut......."We did put a claim in on Deadved, Comrie was Plan B" - I understand that Comrie is a bigger hit against the salary cap, but damn, talk about making a guy feel welcome........

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I agree with getting rid of Redden, but keep Alfie, just take the 'C' away and give it to somone more vocal in the dressing room......
    Spent a lot of time in the senators locker room? Hard to say what goes on behind the scenes and there are different ways to lead a team, Alfie seems to have the support of the players and that's what counts.

Comrie is a good rent a player, be interesting to see what happens when everyone gets healthy and comes back. He is the type of guy that could really shine if he is put in the right environment.

Redden, oh Redden. Why didn't they make the deal with Chara first and then giv Redden the chance to take less or leave. Great break out pass my ass.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    talk about making a guy feel welcome........
    at least the Ottawa fans gave him a nice welcome
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Don't feed the trolls!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Comrie looked really good IMO - I just wish that Muckler would have kept his damn mouth shut......."We did put a claim in on Deadved, Comrie was Plan B" - I understand that Comrie is a bigger hit against the salary cap, but damn, talk about making a guy feel welcome........
    Why should Muckler keep his mouth shut? They're two different situations. Nedved was on the waiver wire and got snapped up by Edmonton before Ottawa could do anything about it. Comrie was "plan B" from a money standpoint, not because they thought Nedved is a better player. It's business.

Speaking of business, I'm surprised that the league didn't look more closely at what appears to be a nudge nudge, wink wink deal between two old friends (Muckler and Gretzky). Trading a guy who's in his new team's lineup the same day, for a guy who refuses to report to the farm and is back home in Russia. That smells fishy to me. It wouldn't surprise me if Comrie was "plan A" the whole time, and the Nedved thing was there just to throw the dogs off the scent.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

wahz
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Spent a lot of time in the senators locker room?
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read the post.

I liked the way Comrie looked last night and think he fits in well with the team. It will be interesting to see if he over-stays his welcome, as that is the reputation he has around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    at least the Ottawa fans gave him a nice welcome
    Excellent point Shivas!! It was outstanding to hear the welcome that the fans gave to Comrie

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I'm surprised that the league didn't look more closely at what appears to be a nudge nudge, wink wink deal between two old friends (Muckler and Gretzky). Trading a guy who's in his new team's lineup the same day, for a guy who refuses to report to the farm and is back home in Russia. That smells fishy to me. It wouldn't surprise me if Comrie was "plan A" the whole time, and the Nedved thing was there just to throw the dogs off the scent.
    Nice conspiracy theory, but even if it were 100% correct my question would be - So What?

There are no rules in place that I know of that would prevent this. Mike Milbury made a career out of getting fleeced on a regular basis. Gretz can simply say that they were looking for salary cap relief. Comrie is going to be an unrestricted agent at the end of the year, they had no intentions or resigning him so rather than getting absolutely nothing for him they decided to pick up the rights to a promising young prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Redden, oh Redden. Why didn't they make the deal with Chara first and then giv Redden the chance to take less or leave. Great break out pass my ass.
    They were losing with regularity with Redden out of the lineup and Spezza in it. Now it's the other way around.

I read somewhere (might have been an on-screen graphic during a recent game) that the sens were 52-21 with Redden in the lineup in the last year and close to .500 with him out of the lineup, and this includes games with Chara in the lineup.

Generally I feel that stats are for losers, but the team does seem to play with more confidence with Redden in the lineup as opposed to out of it.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    They were losing with regularity with Redden out of the lineup and Spezza in it. Now it's the other way around.

I read somewhere (might have been an on-screen graphic during a recent game) that the sens were 52-21 with Redden in the lineup in the last year and close to .500 with him out of the lineup, and this includes games with Chara in the lineup.

Generally I feel that stats are for losers, but the team does seem to play with more confidence with Redden in the lineup as opposed to out of it.
    Yup that's all true, but i still don't like him! He is great on the powerplay and in todays league you do need that quaterback type guy, but I don't think he is that great defensively and with 4 out of 6 D being offensive minded, they need to have some more balance. For the big bucks you need to be both.

Thread Information