100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar

New Year celebrations?

Any suggestions for good places for bringing in the New Year?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    Any suggestions for good places for bringing in the New Year?
    At home.

While January 1 brings us one day closer to the golf season, for those of us who are age challenged, who are one year closer to getting the OLD AGE PENSION, and one year closer to a retirement home, the new year is nothing to celebrate. Although it does bring one closer to shooting one's age.

Have fun regardless of where you choose.

We usually don't bother too much either, but we have our kids home and they have been invited to lots of friends parties in Toronto. If I can't think of anything for us all to do that is more party like then they will probably head down there early For the year 2000 we went to Mont Tremblent, that was fun.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm ususally at my in-laws, with a belly full of my father-in-law's whisky, asleep.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I'm ususally at my in-laws, with a belly full of my father-in-law's whisky, asleep.

Why does that not surprise me.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

At least I won't be bored at work, browsing message boards... dreaming of golfing...

At least I won't be bored at work, browsing message boards... dreaming of golfing...

I won't, actually have New Year's off for the first time in a few year. Although I will be working New Year's Day night shift. CHACHING!!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Actually, I work until noon on saturday! I'm the one who'll be doing the browsing!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    You two should stop bickering and start early.

I have a feeling that by Sunday I will be in miserable shape due to some up and coming bug waging jihad on my immune system. I like "dub-ya" will not back down, and plan on unleashing the full arsenal of appropriated (from my father) Crown Royal on this microscopic insurgent.

Long live democracy and long live my Liver!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post

I have a feeling that by Sunday I will be in miserable shape due to some up and coming bug waging jihad on my immune system. I like "dub-ya" will not back down, and plan on unleashing the full arsenal of appropriated (from my father) Crown Royal on this microscopic insurgent.

Where do you come up with this stuff??????? Classic!

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post

As long as it is not a suicidal one you should have yourself a very happy new year my friend.

Just planning on drinking you way through a bit of the old c-dificile virus hoolio? I say go for it! Well, you were probably going to end up in the hospital on January 1st anyways.

Just planning on drinking you way through a bit of the old c-dificile virus hoolio? I say go for it! Well, you were probably going to end up in the hospital on January 1st anyways.
    Well its really the doctors fault, I keep going in with alcohol poisoning and they keep saying "Well I bet you won't do that again eh?"... I'm not a man to back down from a wager, but one of these days I'm gonna have to make them name their stakes. It's really easier said than done with a tube going down your esophagus.

actually, I can imagine its a little more difficult said with the tube in your throat.

Wow! sounds like nobody is going to hava much of a celebration this year. Home, sick or working. Bah humbug! I found that we used to celebrate a lot more in the U.K. I don't know if that has changed over the years but there used to be huge parties all over the place that you could drop in on.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    Wow! sounds like nobody is going to hava much of a celebration this year. Home, sick or working. Bah humbug! I found that we used to celebrate a lot more in the U.K. I don't know if that has changed over the years but there used to be huge parties all over the place that you could drop in on.
    The problem is if you party one of you has to not party if driving. Not much fun doing that. Either that or you take a cab, which around here on the 31st would take about 2 hours to get to where you are located after you called. Once they got there, a 10 minute ride home would cost $25-40 dollars. RIP OFF. Small city, not many cabs so they call the shots on busy nights.

We stay home usually. Might go out to dinner then come home and watch a movie. To us celebrating New Year Eve is not a big deal anymore. Been there, done that with the dances, parties etc.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Party on sunday...recover on monday...fly home on tuesday. Its the most inane and pointless holiday of the year, and yet it always turns out to be the most fun.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    No big plans here.. I find New Years to usually be a let down.... So going forward I think I will just spend the night relaxing..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

28's of Blue are on sale... Ya know?

Well we have decided to head off and stay at the Royal York in Toronto. Should be fun. Dinner in Benny Hana's followed by a buffet lunch with our kids in the hotel on the 1st. We are hoping to go skating and such at Nathan Philips square to work off the excess food, and no-one will have to drive. Happy now!

My options seem to be down to sitting around my place with a few people playing 360 and drinking Crown or heading off to a $10 kegger. I don't really see a downside to either of these, except the possibility of going downtown and spending way too long trying to get into a bar.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Start out at a house party, hit up a bar on Rideau to see a friend's band play then back to the afterparty until most likely eight or nine the next morning!! Red Bull is my good friend!!!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm a dad of a young one, can't get a sitter. So, I'm roasting a duck, gonna open a lovely bottle of red, and toast the evening.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information