CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Lob Wedge PriorGuy is on a distinguished road

Cool Arnprior

It looks like mother nature was kind to us again this year. Have played a couple of rounds so far and the course is in great shape. The greens have been cut with the hand mowers and are quite smooth. For this time of year I am quite pleased. Here's to another year of good golfing to everyone!

Ps. As they say on the Golf Channel "Keep it in the short grass".

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Edelwiess

Anyone been here yet this year?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar

Thumbs up Manderley

Played Manderley today for the first time w/ my father-in-law. Very enjoyable, greens are starting to improve looks like the winter was pretty hard on a few holes. Things should green up nicely with a little more rain and warmer temps. My father-in-law can't wait to come back and play.

Pitching Wedge jeff026 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Chateau Cartier

Hi everyone, I played Chateau Cartier today (may 20) and the winter season was pretty hard on all the greens (2 putt rule was in effect) . I know its early in the season and the golf courses are just comming around, however, they (CC) should down grade their listed superiour status ... for about 4 to 6 weeks anyway ... Just a thought
    I think if OG negotiated in good faith with a golf course stating its status as ''being situated higher up or near the top'' of OG courses selections, then they should deliver. So, it only cost me 22 bucks but my playing partners paid the full amount ... But hey, not all is doom and gloom, the Sens won last night and it was a beautiful day
    Jeff026

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Edelweiss

Played Edelweiss on Monday.

The fairways were OK - a few brown and bare spots on each one, but dry and generally playable. The grass on the tee boxes was a little high, but still OK.

Most of the greens were not in good shape, however. Extremely bumpy and slow - lag putts were like a ride at the Ex! Only a handful of greens were truly green - the majority were full of brown blotches like they had some sort of disease (I'm no greenskeeper, but they looked sick). I hope they nurse them back to health, because I like the course.

Course conditions this spring sure are depressing. True, I haven't been out to any of the higher-end courses yet, but of the few I've played only Malone, NY was in decent shape.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Edelweiss

El tigre,

I agree. We played there on Sunday, and although I didn't spend much time on the fairways, they were pretty good. The greens had lots of pockmarks, and what was green was shaggy. I also didn't lke the rocks in the greenside bunkers.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Sand Wedge LionsRoar is on a distinguished road

Manderley and Chateau Cartier

Went to play Manderley on Monday and the greens were in pretty good shape, the fairways were decent and overall the course played pretty well for early season. My complaint with Manderley comes on the administrative side. I realize that I played on a long weekend, but I had a tee time booked for 9:45AM, we didn't get off until 10:30 and were backed up all day long. Their just seemed to be too many on the course at the same time. Too many trying to tee off at the same time. I expect to play a five hour round on a holiday, but we finished at 4PM... not good at all!

Played Cartier yesterday and it is not in good shape. The greens are in really poor condition, the fairways are quite spotted and the rough was very very long. It was fairly dry and the tee boxes are surprisingly in good shape. I wasn't happy to be paying full price and won't get back to Cartier any time soon.

Sand Wedge pingzzing is on a distinguished road

Manderly

Manderly is usually slow. It's a public course and they don't like to turn away anyone's $$$$. It almost doesn't matter whether you have a tee time or not. We were there last week with a confirmed tee-time but teed off about 40 minutes beyond that because they were letting people on who drove up without a tee-time. Also the fact that they don't have any effective marshalling doesn't help. It's too bad because it's a decent layout but who can quibble with success - they are always packed.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    has anyone played cascade recently..
    want to play there next monday so am curious about
    conditions..thanx in advance

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Cascades

I played there on Tuesday.... EVERY green has now been top-dressed (back 9 was done on Tuesday). I am not too sure how long it takes for greens to recover from the top-dressing.....

Monday's green fees will be at $25+tax. I will be working at the proshop so I may see you there Gumby.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Heritage Conditions?

Anyone know what conditions are like up at Heritage this year? Thinking about heading up the first weekend of June.

Thanks.

GarthM

7 Iron class1947 is on a distinguished road
    Only have info from secondary source but the course was described as a disaster ,wait another month ,greens terrible fairways not much better !!!

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Royal Papineau

Played Royal Papineau for the first time today. A nice course - very open with lots of elevation changes. Both the fairways and greens were in good shape, but the bunkers were a little hard-packed. A great value at $25, though! Looks like the scenery would be gorgeous in October. I'll be back.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Unhappy Eastern Townships anyone ?

I'm heading out there next week and the weather man is calling for rain until Tuesday But they've been wrong before

If anybody out there's got a scoop on Owl's Head, please let me know ...
    Jeff026

Gap Wedge curls is on a distinguished road

Cloverdale Links

Played at Cloverdale today, and although the wind (25km/H) was strong, especially on the links-style course, the conditions were EXCELLENT and EVERY green was smooth, grown-in, and rolling very true. Although, they were very fast.

The fairways for the most part were in great condition except for 3 or 4 casual water puddles, but other than that, everything was very respectable for this time of year and I will say that it was 300% better than the conditions at The Canadian last week.

I will definately go back to Cloverdale this summer, but will make sure to check the weather first, as the winds today were extremely gusty and made the round very "interesting".

~Eric

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking Play in the wind

curls
    IMO To play Cloverdale "without" the wind is a waste on a links style course. I've always liked playing there, especially if the wind is up.
    The very first time we played there, we got out of the car and the wind blew my hat right off my head, and I thought, this was going to be a strugle. But it turned out to be a great day. And I've loved it ever since. So let it blow.

Gap Wedge curls is on a distinguished road
    I mainly disliked the wind because I'm quite the novice golfer, and getting a shot to go where I want it on a day without wind is challenging enough. Hitting what I think to be a nice, sweet shot, but having the wind 75' in the air carry the ball 75 yards to the left or right of where it may have landed, is hard to take.

All-in-all it was a great day and I enjoyed the round, just wish the wind was a little less. 25-30km/h is strong on any course, nevermind one with very few trees!

~Eric

Sand Wedge Jimmy is on a distinguished road

STONEBRIDGE !

PLAYED STONEBRIDGE TODAY IN A 40-50KM BREEZE ! FIRST TIME PLAYING THIS COURSE. GREAT CONDITION, GREENS WERE GREAT, AND THEY ARE TOUGH TO PUTT, ONLY 2 THREE PUTTS. FROM TEE TO GREEN THE COURSE WAS IN SUPER SHAPE. RECOMMEND ANYONE TO PLAY THIS VENUE....! CAUTION HOWEVER GIVEN IF THE WIND IS BLOWING MORE THAN 10KM........LOL
    GREEN FEES ARE $65 AND CART SHARED IS ANOTHER $16 !

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Jimmy, please don't post in all caps, it is like shouting.

Putter dbmccall is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Mapleview

Played on Sun.May25 and the conditions were excellent.Apart from Clover and Emerald, they were the best greens I've seen this year.Fairway was a little long but that may also be due to the amount of rain previously and lack of cutting because of that.Highly reccomended,and with the OGC price,well worth the drive to Perth

Sand Wedge lcatley is on a distinguished road

Greensmere Update

Does anyone have any updates on the conditions at Greensmere?

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Here's my 2 cents worth:

Manderley - in fairly good shape for this time of year - really slow though at 6 HOURS on a weekend afternoon

Pakenham - good shape everywhere except Island#3 which always seems to be a problem. Greens were all very good. Good pace of play.

Mapleview - good shape and cheap green fees. Good pace of play.

7 Iron statsfreak is on a distinguished road

Re: Heritage Conditions?

Originally posted by GarthM
    Anyone know what conditions are like up at Heritage this year? Thinking about heading up the first weekend of June.

Thanks.

GarthM
    Garth, played two rounds there this past weekend (May 25/26). Virtually all of the greens had damage on them, and some were in very poor condition. Looks like some sort of fungus got into them...significant patches of bare spots making the ball hop all over the place. A number of the tee boxes were in pretty rough shape also.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by powerlefty
    Here's my 2 cents worth:

Pakenham - good shape everywhere except Island#3 which always seems to be a problem. Greens were all very good. Good pace of play.

Just an FYI, #3 fairway is always a problem because there is a muncipal garage that stores salt trucks etc. on the hill at the right side of the fairway. Apparently the run-off from the garage kills the fairway so this will always be a problem.

Montebello and Tremblant

Played Montebello, La Bete, Manitou and Le Geant this past weekend, for those that may be headed that way:

Montebello is in pretty good shape. Greens are cut and very slick! They have wintered well

La Bete is in good shape with the exception of a few tee boxes they are re-seeding. A couple of the greens had some damage.

This is Manitou's second year and is growing in very nicely. A green or two had a bit of damage, but for the most part rolled very nicely. A challenging par 58 course.

Le Geant is in very good shape, a little damp, but is in very nice shape. A couple of greens are shaggy as they look like they are growing them in.
    Colby

The Marshes

Played The Marshes in a tournament today. Great shape, growing in nicely. Fairways were a little squishy in places.

Dinner was yummy too!
    Colby

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Nation...very nice

Had the opportunity to play Nation on May 26,27. They gave us a free round because of the rain on Monday. Course is well worth the 45 minute drive east of the City. Greens are in terrific shape and the the staff friendly. Hilly enough to give you some exercise but easily walkable. As a value conscious golfer this is the nicest track I have found yet. Highly recommended.

Thumbs up Signature Golf

I was in the Eastern Townships (Magog) this week and I hooked up with Signature Golf (2 times). I Golfed at Inverness (nice country golf course setting) and played at Royal Bromont (it was a treat) The people who run SG are First Class. Booking a game was very easy ... and you can't beat the price ...
    Jeff026

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

Heritage GC Condition

GarthM, I'm planning on heading to Heritage the end of June. If you do go soon, please let me know what the conditions are like. Or if anybody else has played Heritage recently, what are the greens like?

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar

Glen Mar

Does anyone have any updates on the conditions at Glen Mar?
    Looks like my buddy got a 1 o'clock tee time. Thanks in advance.

Thread Information