100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Was Santa good to you.....

So what was everyone's highlight of today? Did you get that driver or Scotty putter you were longing for? Perhaps that LCD or Plasma television. A trip to somewhere warmer, but really not needed so far this winter (if you can call it that ).

My highlight would have to be my bar fridge I got. Been wanting one ever since we moved into the new place.

Suprisingly only two dozen golf balls, some tees and other small random items were the only golf related things I got. I did get two really nice golf pictures to hang up, but unless I can use it on the course I don't classify it as golf related.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I didnt get anything golf related this year But I did get a great 12'' Laser Guided Radial arm saw! problem is, already had one (Bugsy was so proud till she found out I had one ) But its ok, it will be replaced by a new compressor Brad nailer cause I am starting to finish the basement and I am putting up crown mouldings in the livingroom when I paint in a few weeks It will come in real handy!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Lets see...tickets to Friday's sens game, the soft shell I picked out from MEC, funding for my ipod upgrade (old one busted under warranty, but had to pay the difference for the 8 gig nano), a couple books (including the abridged version of Gibbon's "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"....possibly the greatest thing ever written, ever), and last, but certainly not least, a whole pile of new socks (sure, its a crappy gift when you're 10 years old, but when you're 20 and haven't bought a new pair of socks in months, its downright awesome). Now if only the hockey tickets came with a guarantee that the Sens wouldn't suck.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Now if only the hockey tickets came with a guarantee that the Sens wouldn't suck.
    And if a Green Fee ticket came with a guarantee that I wouldn't miss 3 foot putts, I'd never play anywhere else.

I cleaned up. Santa was good to me, with my Eagles stepping up and kicking the crap out of Romo and the cowboys at home. Sure there were other material things which were awesome, but the day was sure topped off nice by sitting down after a fine meal to watch that beatdown. Where was that Defense all year?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Our familly was blessed this year with our first grandchild.That pretty well says it all.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Had a great christmas.. The wife picked me up a Scotty stainless pivot tool and Camico cover.. Also got a Xpress VU HD PVR from the rents.. Overall a good day but glad its over.. I have spent 2 days at other peoples houses chasing my 1 year old around.. I am pooped.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I cleaned up. Santa was good to me, with my Eagles stepping up and kicking the crap out of Romo and the cowboys at home. Sure there were other material things which were awesome, but the day was sure topped off nice by sitting down after a fine meal to watch that beatdown. Where was that Defense all year?
    That was impressive, they looked great early in the year and are looking really good again. Garcia was a great pickup. My Christmas present from my dad was a Dolphins #55 jersey, Junior Seau, lol. And then I got to watch them choke in the end against the Jets. Ah well, it's not like I'm not used to it.

Christmas was great, it's so much fun to see it all through the eyes of my son.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    New Canon G7 camera Sun Mountain cart. Plus all the odds and ends that go with them.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    X-Tour 56* wedge
    Cleveland Launcher Comp 3 wood
    Callaway X #4 Hybrid

...............the clubs that these 3 are replacing are now up for grabs so have a look

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Golf Related:
    Heroes All- Darren Clarke's Ryder Cup book
    Wicked Beer Cozy from the Beer Store (Mini Golf Bag)
    Non-golf:
    Bird feeder, some clothes.

The best gift was the look on my girls faces Christmas morning.

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar

Christmas gift certificate for new book!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I got two gift cards to GT and went this morning. Got 2 new hogan wedges and a Ping Doc 15 putter. Some Nike storm pants and gloves for $4.00
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar
    I also ordered the following two books:

Swing the Clubhead, Ernest Jones(Back in Print)

Understanding the Golf Swing (Hardcover)
    by Manuel De La Torre

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Christmas was great, but glad it is over, lots of work and expense for one day!!

Recieved lots but golf related was, a Callaway Watch (beautiful), a Callaway and Taylor Made golf towels, a gadget for marking straight lines on your balls for lining up. Some blown up pics in frames of me and my hubby making shots at a golf tournament, one of a putt none of the guys could make, but I did.

What my hubby recieved from me....A Taylormade 3 wood, a few golfing shirts, and a Reservation Masters Membership (couldn't let him be the only member, so bought myself one too, my gift to myself ).

The best present of all though was having both of my daughter's home for Christmas....this is the first Christmas where they are both living away from home...one in Hamilton,Ont.....and the other in London,Ont. Wouldn't have been Christmas without them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I didnt get anything golf related this year But I did get a great 12'' Laser Guided Radial arm saw! problem is, already had one (Bugsy was so proud till she found out I had one ) But its ok, it will be replaced by a new compressor Brad nailer cause I am starting to finish the basement and I am putting up crown mouldings in the livingroom when I paint in a few weeks It will come in real handy!
    Exchanged the saw (and a few shekles more) for a compressor with a stapler, finishing nailer and 2 1/4 brad nailer!

If anyone needs any club heads nailed on LMK
    Last edited by Indio; 12-26-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Received from my significant other, John Gordon's "Great New Golf Courses of Canada". This goes great with my other John Gordon book "Great Golf Courses of Canada" printed in 1998.

He’s made a pretty successful franchise out of these coffee table books of Canadian courses and this one is a good addition to the collection. This time, he’s also enlisted the services of Doug Ball, photographer extrordinaire, to snap the shots. Ball is a golf nut, one of the originals at Devils’ Pulpit, and the guy who snapped the famous pictures of Pierre Trudeau pirouetting behind the Queen and Robert Stanfield fumbling the football.

Exchanged the saw (and a few shekles more) for a compressor with a stapler, finishing nailer and 2 1/4 brad nailer!

If anyone needs any club heads nailed on LMK
    Think you can use that to help with my bout with the shanks??

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Think you can use that to help with my bout with the shanks??
    I'm sure I can..... lets give it a go but I would suggest a 40 of Vodka just in case.....

I'm sure I can..... lets give it a go but I would suggest a 40 of Vodka just in case.....
    That works for me

That works for me
    Did I mention bandages?

Are you saying there will be blood

....maybe I'll wait until you get good with it

Are you saying there will be blood

....maybe I'll wait until you get good with it
    and I thought you would let me practice on you and your equipment......

and I thought you would let me practice on you and your equipment......
    You're a good lad an all but, Ummmmm.........Not a Chance in Hell

See ya tomorrow night Indio, I'm out.

You're a good lad an all but, Ummmmm.........Not a Chance in Hell

See ya tomorrow night Indio, I'm out.
    ok bud....

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I guess I was a bad boy this year, Santa brought me a nice case of the 24 hour flu. BAH HUMBUG

But I did revieve a gift certificate from my daughters for Fore Golfers Only, and an Ipod to use when I go walking.
    My wife and I went easy on gifts for each other this year. She did some Christmas shopping before Christmas and on Boxing Day. I bought a snowblower.
    Last edited by Golfbum; 12-27-2006 at 06:56 AM.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Best golf related gift ever that I could recieve:

Guilt Free Golf

My wife thinks golf is stupid. So to my surprise this year I got a card that said I could go to the driving range 20 times and 18 holes 10 times ... here is the kicker ... without feeling guilty about leaving her alone with my 2yr old and 3 month old. I just can't say it enough I LOVE GOLF ... oh ... umm ... I LOVE MY WIFE.
    Back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post

Guilt Free Golf

My wife thinks golf is stupid. So to my surprise this year I got a card that said I could go to the driving range 20 times and 18 holes 10 times ... here is the kicker ... without feeling guilty about leaving her alone with my 2yr old and 3 month old. I just can't say it enough I LOVE GOLF ... oh ... umm ... I LOVE MY WIFE.
    Sounds to me like she just planted the guilt seed early!

7 Wood Newbie is on a distinguished road
    Nice Christmas for mois.

Golf related... 3 wheel Walter Hagen golf cart, Ben Hogan cart bag, TM Dual rescue 19 degree, Callaway BB 2006 irons, golf towels 6 (5 for crying on bad shots and 1 to wipe new clubs), swiss army divot tool, 3 dozen balls, 2 packages of Tees, a couple of golf books, set of iron covers. All from Ebay I might add.. Did I mention a membership with Executive Golf.. when they call me back

Merry Christmas....ho ho ho!

...............both children grown and living in the states..golf is a new game for me....sold ALL other hobby guy stuff!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post

Guilt Free Golf

WOW I guess if the above is a gift then I get the best gift for Christmas all year long. My wife lets me golf 150+ rounds a year and I never feel guilty and she does not make me feel guilty. I REALLY LOVE MY WIFE
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I guess I was a bad boy this year, Santa brought me a nice case of the 24 hour flu. BAH HUMBUG

But I did revieve a gift certificate from my daughters for Fore Golfers Only, and an Ipod to use when I go walking.
    My wife and I went easy on gifts for each other this year. She did some Christmas shopping before Christmas and on Boxing Day. I bought a snowblower.
    Too bad about the flu GB. I was in St Thomas christmas eve and drove by the sign for Westminister.......Could have played that day judging by the weather.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Thread Information