100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    "Richard"
    I see your point..

On a side note, your putting is already so good (automatic from inside 8 feet) that I'm a bit scared to see what you do with a custome scotty...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I appreciate your praise of my putting, however, 1.88 putts per hole (33.9 per round) over 116 rounds last year is good, but not exactly "lights out"
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

"Richard"
    from under 8 feet i only recall you missing a few over the three rounds we played and they were tricky ones.. me and bobby bought thought your putting was really good. Do you practice it alot? I've been doing a lot of short game, putting, chipping, bump and runs. I've improved a lot from under 50 yards, still going to take a few more lessons on short game

I don't practice putting much at all. If I hit 10 putts in the living room once a month it's more than average.

I usually play an 18 hole putting match with a buddy if there is time before a game, or just a few putts if there is no time, but that's just to get a feel for the greens that day.

I don't do any drills now, but I did in the past. One of the best is for distance control. Hit a putt as close to the fringe as possible, without going off the green. Now hit another closer to the fringe (inside the first one) and again until you mess up. Start over. It really helps.

"Richard"
    I'm going to start doing the phil drill. Where you putt from 3 feet and keep going until you make 100. I can't do that many a) because of skill b) because of time so I'll do 30.

My friends and me go to kevin haime and we pick two flag sticks on the putting green and we take 3 balls and putt from one hole to the other. Then we count how many total putts it takes to get from hole one to hole two for all three balls. Its usually 7. 2x2+1x3 but we've seen a few 5's and a 4 once

Its fun, helps with distance control and overall putting. Plus we get to hang out away from the wives and the girlfriends which is the best part

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    SUPA FINE! lol

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    ok this is what I never understood about you scotty freaks (you included dan). First you buy a putter that needs to be restored and spend $300 restoring it, why nut just but a BRAND NEW scotty for $329 or $349 or something? I'm sure the newer it is the better it is with the new technology... yes? no?
    I think you saw my putter head before I sent it in, it was beat to crap. You can't buy that style new anymore (hadn't been produced in lh in 5 years), so for me it was worth it to refurbish it. To buy one in pretty good shape is still $200 plus whatever shipping. So for the same price ($210 + shipping) I got one brand new, with a more durable finish then they originally came with, and a pimped grip and headcover. For a simple resto to original, it would have been only $110 + shipping. Most of the putters that get sent for restoration are older model putters that haven't been produced in a while.

As for technology, yes with the mallets, not really with the blade style putters.

"Richard"
    I guess I won't really understand (not that you guys aren't making sense) until I go over to the dark side as well... but I'm strictly a mallet guy

i got a futura for you to try if u want

"Richard"
    free???? thanks man! bring it to bent grass

i'm not giving it to you lol... try it at bentgrass see what you think...

"Richard"
    I love my voodoo!!! I'll never go over to the dark side!!! you hear me!??!?!!? NEVER!

Ah Grasshopper... Just keep hanging around. You shall be assimilated. It's already begun. You are showing interest. A recent post you were looking for one, but took something else no? Soon you will be selling that something else and getting the scotty you wanted. It's only a matter of time, so you may as well jump in now.

The shaft will need to be 34" The lie is already 73 degrees instead of the default 71 degrees so it's 2 deg upright and bang on for me

Shaft is pulled. I emailed the custom shop my paintfill request for the Cdn flag. We'll see what they say.

These 2 natural light pics show the condition of the top line a bit better than last night's flash shots.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm already converted after hitting a few putts with Nat's (yea, its the wrong hand...what's your point?) at the forum golf day. As soon as I have the money I'm picking up a TeI3 to replace my TeI3 knockoff. Hence, I'm really interested to see how this customization turns out.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    It was requested, and seconded. But Yah.
    About time; this forum is now more then big enough to justify speciality sections if not be an innovator in adding sections that people look for but never had a venue. Hope to see more in the future. If your going to get a name on it Dan is better then intiails I'd say as since it's 3 letters the guys at SC could really rocker professionaly in the dancing font. DK wouldn't look as nice imo.

"Richard"
    No no, that was for a friend of mine, I owed him $55 but was going to pay the difference and get him a cameron for xmas but went with the monza instead, less $$ out of my pocket that way and still a nice gift thta he can benift from

You I'll never say never, I might switch but right now I like my cut down voodoo belly, feels like one of those heavy putters

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Ah Grasshopper... Just keep hanging around. You shall be assimilated. It's already begun. You are showing interest. A recent post you were looking for one, but took something else no? Soon you will be selling that something else and getting the scotty you wanted. It's only a matter of time, so you may as well jump in now.

"Richard"
    A bollywood bhangra thread seems to be in order dan... there aren't any of them for golfers!

Quote Originally Posted by dH View Post
    About time; this forum is now more then big enough to justify speciality sections if not be an innovator in adding sections that people look for but never had a venue. Hope to see more in the future. If your going to get a name on it Dan is better then intiails I'd say as since it's 3 letters the guys at SC could really rocker professionaly in the dancing font. DK wouldn't look as nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    I guess I won't really understand (not that you guys aren't making sense) until I go over to the dark side as well... but I'm strictly a mallet guy
    The "Bolero" and "Caliente Bolero" which I own are both good putters. I liked it but one day used used my ping anser 2i and fell in love. That night Denny as selling a SC PP Sonoma 2 34" and I couldn't resist. From the flow you made on that last stock if you're smart enough to sell in next few weeks buy a scotty you'll love it.
    Last edited by dH; 12-23-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dH View Post
    Dan is better then intiails I'd say as since it's 3 letters the guys at SC could really rocker professionaly in the dancing font. DK wouldn't look as nice imo.
    You may be right. I am really glad to have all this input. Thanks folks.

I am thinking crimson red for the accents which I will try to match for the Canadian flag paintfill on the back (assuming they say no) and white for the text since they only allow 2 colours. I'd love another accent colour, but I am not sure if they count white lettering as a colour or not at this point.

I guess if I have to modify the paintfill after recieving it a Certificate Of Authenticity is a waste so I'll pass on that.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Why not put
    "DICK CAN'T BEAT ME"
    on that putter
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

"Richard"
    but when I kick has ass next season he will have to restore it again

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Ceritfied or no?
    I wouldn't. They are useful for resale, and it's kinda cool to see your putter i nthe registry, but if you ahve no intentions of selling and plan on getting initials done, then it's not really worth the $$ for a COA.

Are you planning on getting the Canadian head-cover? I'd love one of those but I haven't seen one for under $100 yet.
    Unfortunatley they are starting to go crazy in price, I picked up a pair over the summer (one used for 75$, one new for 125$ .. both US prices) ... now the new oens are starting to push 200$US. there were only ever 2003 made, and given the limited number of canadian style headcovers available, a lot are being gamed; leaving very few in collections...this cover will continue to increase in value.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

[quote=Dan Kilbank;146108]You may be right. I am really glad to have all this input. Thanks folks.

Definately Right!

OK, all packed up and ready to go to the Post Office!

Restoration $175.00
    -Finish - Original Finish No Charge
    -Stamping - DAN - Dancing $30.00
    -Sight Lines Top - Add One Line $30.00
    -Sight Lines Flange - Add One Line $10.00
    -Shaft - Reshaft No Charge
    -Grip - Leather Wrap - Burgundy $42.00
    -Headcover - Art of Putting - Black No Charge

Total $287 US

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    No to the Canada colours then?
    "Get your smile on!"

thats an EXPENSIVE putter lol... but it will all be worth it!

Sorry, the paintfill is Crimson red and white. I sent a print of the pic I posted and requested the paintfill on the back using the same red. We'll see what they do. I decided not to go for certification (another $30) since I'll probably have to do the flag paintfill myself, which would void the cert.

I went for the leather wrap grip, instead of the free rubber one and that was a bit of a hit $ wise, but it will be worth it.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I have the leather wrap on my ACIII and it's an excellent grip. Really tacky. Now the wait, the hardest part.

Did you see this thread on TCC? Some interesting info on why they're harder to restore, and some pictures of a TeI3 insert out of the head. Way thicker than I would have thought.

http://www.cameroncollector.com/foru...ic,8237.0.html
    Last edited by spackler; 12-29-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    thats an EXPENSIVE putter lol... but it will all be worth it!
    In 2006
    116 rounds = 2088 holes

Average Strokes per hole = 4.8
    Average Putts per hole = 1.88

2088 x 4.8 = 10022 strokes (av score 86)
    2088 x 1.88 = 3925 putts

So 39.3% of my strokes are with the putter.

$500 for a putter is under budget when compared to the rest of my bag.

My driver was $500 which is not unusual. I figure I hit it on average 12 times per game. That's 1392 drives, or 14.2% That is less than half the strokes than with the putter.

Thread Information