CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

I'm so big I scratch my back with forks!

wow, I've been working out so hard and eating so much... didn't even realize how big I had gotten until I met up with a friend who used to be my size about 4 months ago. I thought maybe he got smaller but I tried to scratch my back yesterday and couldn't even reach it! I had to use a fork (I didn't wash it, just put it back, I was at a friends house). I went to golftown to use the callaway shaft fitting system (awesome!) and I couldn't even swing faster than 95mph. I've lost all my flexability and speed and replaced it with pure solid muscle! Here is the problem, I love golf but I'm loving the shape that I'm in as well. My body is strange in the sense that a little bit of working out gets me really big really fast so the only way to get back into golf shape is to get smaller again. I have put on to much muscle to get my flexibilty back now. What should I do? Golf or girls? can there be a ballance? Last year was a good year for golf but a bad year for girls, this coming year if I continue the way I'm going it will be completely opposite...more girls and horrible golf. I'm truely concerned and don't want to make the wrong choice, I love them both equally
    Last edited by "Richard"; 12-17-2006 at 08:07 PM.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Ahhhhhggg....so hard not to comment Have the best of both worlds...play from the reds
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    If someone like Jason Zuback or Tiger Woods can pound it and have flexibliity then you can man you just have to work on it as well. I don't think your as big as those boys yet either!!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    You just have to get used to those lumps and bumps. Just imagine what we go through

"Richard"
    yes but tiger isn't as big as I am right now, he is the skinny ripped type. I'm the Big biceps, huge traps, wide back, massive forearms kind of guy. Even when I do low weights and high reps I still get big. I should have been a body builder or something, thats what my last 7 girlfriends told me

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    You doing some JUICE?

What's wrong with a 95 MPH swingspeed? You might find your ball easier in the spring because it might be in more fairways instead of the rough!
    I bet my swingspeed is not much higher than 95 and I am a single digit, and good looking too!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

"Richard"
    yes RICK, I know you are good looking, you keep sending me pictures of yourself....

maybe its for the best, slower swing speed will keep it in the fairway, does this mean I need to get reshafted? the V2 x=stiff was for a 110mph

Back to the drawing board

I think your full of BS Richard!! I saw you at Golftown not more then four or five months ago and you definitely were not big!! You can't put on that much muscle in four or five months!! I need a shot of your so called largeness to believe this.

"Richard"
    john, are you camparing me to you because you are what 6'7 or something?? I'm about as big as one can get in 4 months without doing roids. 170lbs to 195lbs in those 4 months.

Notice how you said you saw me 5 months ago and I wasn't big? and then In my post I said I saw someone i was the same size 4 months ago but now I'm much bigger than? funny how the time line completely makes sense

Compared to you and geoff it would be hard for me to call myself HUGE but going from where I was 5 months ago to now is impressive... wish I had a digi cam I would love to post some pics

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, I propose that the lack of flexibility will help you. Not being able to swing for the fences, you won't try, and you might start hitting some fairways . Who knows, maybe a season of 95 mph swings will actually lower your scores (maybe you'll even beat Dan)

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Well, I propose that the lack of flexibility will help you. Not being able to swing for the fences, you won't try, and you might start hitting some fairways . Who knows, maybe a season of 95 mph swings will actually lower your scores (maybe you'll even beat Dan)

C'mon now, let's not totally make this thread all BS.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    My guess is that you don't stretch much before and (more importantly) after you work out. What is your cool down routine? And do you do it?

You may want to try yoga to get your flexibility back ... and there are usually girls at yoga places.
    Back at it.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I think your full of BS Richard!! I saw you at Golftown not more then four or five months ago and you definitely were not big!! You can't put on that much muscle in four or five months!! I need a shot of your so called largeness to believe this.
    I saw him there in November and he might only have been using dessert forks then. He's probably up to dinner forks now. I don't think Dan will allow him to post pictures of his 'largeness' anyway, not that there's anything wrong with you wanting to see it. Maybe that should just be a private thing between you two though (though).

So you gained 25 pounds in muscle over four months.......hmmmmmmm i still don't believe you by any means.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    So you gained 25 pounds in muscle over four months.......hmmmmmmm i still don't believe you by any means.
    Don't feel bad, I'm still trying to figure out what the point of this thread is.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    For all of you who have doubts about "Richard"s claims.....all I can say to you is SHAME ON YOU!

You have once again fallen into one of his needless post padding threads. You have to hand it to the guy, true or not, he certainly has a way to get reactions out of forum members. I on the other hand prefer to just read them and move on. No reply is necessary, you just encourage him that way.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

It's a cry out for attention me thinks!!! I need to see some before and after shots Richard because i think your bluffin or just looking for an excuse for a lackluster golf game!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    Last year was a good year for golf but a bad year for girls, this coming year if I continue the way I'm going it will be completely opposite...more girls and horrible golf. I'm truely concerned and don't want to make the wrong choice, I love them both equally
    Dick, did you say last year was a good year for golf? Hmmmm Did you beat anyone in the challanges you made??? Sounds like your avitar is going to change next year... 'Damn, I still can't beat Dan but his wife can't keep her eyes off me!'
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I should have been a body builder or something, thats what my last 7 girlfriends told me
    Ya but I think they were referring to 'or something'

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    (maybe you'll even beat Dan)
    Jon, Jon, Jon..... give your head a shake buddy!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Richard, everyone has missed the key issue in your thread, namely: the need to use a fork to scratch your back. I have the solution - chopsticks! Your guests will appreciate it a lot more than your depositing back hair on the family silverware.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Richard, everyone has missed the key issue in your thread, namely: the need to use a fork to scratch your back. I have the solution - chopsticks!
    I use chopsticks all the time...stay out of my kitchen!

Why didn't you get your friend's wife to scratch your back for ya

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Are you guys kidding? At this rate he soon needs a hockey stick to scratch his back.

"Richard"
    25lbs of muscle in 4 months is impossible dude. I'm eating about 4000 calories a day and working out a lot. some of it i'm sure is fat but that doesn't bother me for now, I'll get rid of that stuff later. I don't think anyone could get 25lbs of muscle in 4 months... even with roids

"Richard"
    Oh john, you sound like reid masson when I posted about the fake ping set.. he called me a liar about 5 times and then |I shut him up pretty good when i posted about 10 pics of the clubs. I'll be in ottawa on the 24th, feel free to meet me at golftown to see the size I have put on. Went from a 40 to a 44 in suits, went from a med to a large in most of my clothes... i welcome you

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    My guess is that you don't stretch much before and (more importantly) after you work out. What is your cool down routine? And do you do it?

You may want to try yoga to get your flexibility back ... and there are usually girls at yoga places.

I strech before but not after workouts. Its bad for the muscles (I hear, but I couldn't be wrong)

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    For all of you who have doubts about "Richard"s claims.....all I can say to you is SHAME ON YOU!

You have once again fallen into one of his needless post padding threads. You have to hand it to the guy, true or not, he certainly has a way to get reactions out of forum members. I on the other hand prefer to just read them and move on. No reply is necessary, you just encourage him that way.
    Goeff, other than myself you may be the smartest person on this board!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Richard, everyone has missed the key issue in your thread, namely: the need to use a fork to scratch your back. I have the solution - chopsticks! Your guests will appreciate it a lot more than your depositing back hair on the family silverware.
    mike, I get my back waxed by an asian lady downtown...

Oh john, you sound like reid masson when I posted about the fake ping set.. he called me a liar about 5 times and then |I shut him up pretty good when i posted about 10 pics of the clubs. I'll be in ottawa on the 24th, feel free to meet me at golftown to see the size I have put on. Went from a 40 to a 44 in suits, went from a med to a large in most of my clothes... i welcome you

I'm just waiting on the pics buddy!!

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    I strech before but not after workouts. Its bad for the muscles (I hear, but I couldn't be wrong)
    Don't bother with the bikes or tredmill after weight training, I heard that the best thing to do is to get into an ice water bath right after and stay very still and make sure that you have your legs and arms bent. This is the super-cool down method. It is awesome!

BTW - believe everything you hear.
    Back at it.

Thread Information