CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: What to hit from 170yds...

Voters
647. You may not vote on this poll
  • Driver

2 0.31%
  • Fairway Wood

25 3.86%
  • Hybrid

52 8.04%
  • 3 iron

5 0.77%
  • 4 iron

47 7.26%
  • 5 iron

142 21.95%
  • 6 iron

213 32.92%
  • 7 iron

117 18.08%
  • 8 iron

40 6.18%
  • 9 iron

2 0.31%
  • Pitching wedge

1 0.15%
  • Other wedges for John Daly

1 0.15%
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bouche
    Im the only one that would hit a 9 iron?! Huh....I bet Hoolio would hit a 9 to! ./.....And maybe Tiger

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    That is huge for a 9 iron in my opinion... What do you use for 140 or 80 ??? How many wedges do you carry. That would be my concern.

I'm a 7 from that distance... maybe a hard 8 with a slight tailwind.... hehehe...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    That is huge for a 9 iron in my opinion... What do you use for 140 or 80 ??? How many wedges do you carry. That would be my concern.

I'm a 7 from that distance... maybe a hard 8 with a slight tailwind.... hehehe...

I wouldn't believe it unless I've seen it first hand. I've played with alot of long hitters, and Bouche hits his irons farther than anyone I've ever played with. I've played with guys who hit their driver as far or farther than Bouche, but his iron play is something to behold.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Happily, I can now hit a muscle a 6iron 170 yards.... Woohoo.

Bouche
    From 14o I use my (or geoffs ) 54 bent to a 52* and from 80 im either my 60 or I will use a knock down of another wedge

I have 4 wedges but I might put in a 5th soon. I need a 150 club so maybe a 50*?

MY wedges are the titleist spin milled wedges

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post

Bouche
    MY irons are currently the TA3 Cleveland Gunmeteals forged with stiff shafts.

Chief you should play a round with me and then call me a delofter...if I dont smack ya over the head a couple times first

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Not a bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Chief you should play a round with me and then call me a delofter...if I dont smack ya over the head a couple times first
    Bouche, if you know the Chief you would know that he is not putting you down, he is simply suggesting one way to hit further is to deloft without seeing your swing and he did wink after his comment. No need to slug him over the head Leave that to his close personal friends!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    MY irons are currently the TA3 Cleveland Gunmeteals forged with stiff shafts.

Look up the dictionary and see if you an find the definition. I simply meant that you most probably hit down on the ball with a pronating wrist which is what all golfers should try to accomplish. I don't see why you would get all worked up over delofter and not King Kong. Now if you want to make personal threats that's a different story.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Look up the dictionary and see if you an find the definition. I simply meant that you most probably hit down on the ball with a pronating wrist which is what all golfers should try to accomplish. I don't see why you would get all worked up over delofter and not King Kong. Now if you want to make personal threats that's a different story.

I don't think there was any ill-will meant. Let's not blow this out of proportion.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information