100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    Don't bother with the bikes or tredmill after weight training, I heard that the best thing to do is to get into an ice water bath right after and stay very still and make sure that you have your legs and arms bent. This is the super-cool down method. It is awesome!

BTW - believe everything you hear.
    As if working out wasn't bad enough now you are supposed to jump in an ice bath after? OUCH
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I can't believe anyone takes thes types of posts by Depe seriously.
    Depe, you ARE the shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    So you gained 25 pounds in muscle over four months.......hmmmmmmm i still don't believe you by any means.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    ...will somebody please drop by Super Pet next time you visit Golftown and get this guy a scratching post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    As if working out wasn't bad enough now you are supposed to jump in an ice bath after? OUCH
    I've seen pics of NFL training camp where ice water tanks lined along the field. Players were litterally submerging themselves in it... Pads and all. I fill my roman tub with cold water for a most invigorating cool down treatment after rounds from those hot days..

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    I've seen pics of NFL training camp where ice water tanks lined along the field. Players were litterally submerging themselves in it... Pads and all. I fill my roman tub with cold water for a most invigorating cool down treatment after rounds from those hot days..

Uhhhhhhhhh, no thanks.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I do the same after a long run in the summer, nothing works better!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhh, no thanks.
    Well, I likely hit 15+ more strokes than you do on a typical round Geoff...and any birdies would be surprised and celebrated to the max...hence the need for ice tub after

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    Well, I likely hit 15+ more strokes than you do on a typical round Geoff...and any birdies would be surprised and celebrated to the max...hence the need for ice tub after
    He's still celebrating his back to back birdies from last June...that's a lot of ice

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He's still celebrating his back to back birdies from last June...that's a lot of ice
    Actually it was August 12th, Cloverdale, hole 7th and 8th around 3:36 pm...
    But who's really checking?

You also had a round of year didn't you? Although no birdie, but shot an amazing 77, Beercart girl couldn't ice you quick enough.

"Richard"
    just worked out legs and shoulders, was squating 2.5 plates, shoulder pressed 140lbs then came home, ate two big macs, drank 2 protien shakes and a calorie shake. I feel like puking!

SPeaking of puking... actually I start another thread

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I just got home from work and am following up with my routine which involves chatting with my wife and then chilling .... my California Chardonnay, but certainly not me. The only ice that I ever use is in a tall glass filled with gin and tonic.

So as to ensure that Richard doesn't get the better of me on the course next summer, I will exercise a bit through the winter. This will involve lots of stretching; isometric exercises; a few light weights; pushups, and swinging a weighted club. Phew. That tired me out just thinking about it. I'll have to cool down with another glass of wine. Oh the things we seniors or grizzled veterans - a friend of my daughter used to call me a "grizzled veteran" after paying me a few too many times - have to do to stay ahead of the muscle bound youths snapping at our heels.

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    just worked out legs and shoulders, was squating 2.5 plates, shoulder pressed 140lbs then came home, ate two big macs, drank 2 protien shakes and a calorie shake. I feel like puking!

SPeaking of puking... actually I start another thread

"Richard"
    bring it on mr. pare! I'll be ready for you and dan this season! Just booked my lessons for the winder! Anyway, if my cap is 25 (it will be after I enter my last 8 rounds which I'm to lazy to do) and you are a 3... I get 22 strokes over 18 strokes??? How does that work????? Maybe after watching Rocky Blaboa I will have more respect for my elders (you and dan) nd what they can do

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Let's hope that after next summer it will be said of you: "He wouldah been a contendah, if it had nah ta been for dem ole geezers!"

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    bring it on mr. pare! I'll be ready for you and dan this season! Just booked my lessons for the winder! Anyway, if my cap is 25 (it will be after I enter my last 8 rounds which I'm to lazy to do) and you are a 3... I get 22 strokes over 18 strokes??? How does that work????? Maybe after watching Rocky Blaboa I will have more respect for my elders (you and dan) nd what they can do

Thread Information