CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Marshes Roger Beale - Team Barbados GREAT SHOWING !!!

The World Cup of Golf final round scores are just coming in and Host Team Barbados Roger Beale (Marshes Assistant Pro) and his playing partner James Johnson played a terrific final round of +1, finishing tied for 21st with Trinidad & Tobago represented by no other than Canada's Stephen Ames and his brother caddie Robert Ames a solid player. They also finished ahead of Japan and Jamaica.
    Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica had final rounds of +7 and +9 respectively. Play was stopped at one point due to weather thus likely attributed to some higher scores.
    Considering Roger only played a handful of tournaments around Ottawa and Eastern Ontario this summer, this was a terrific showing and he should be very Proud.
    I know the group of 10 Marshes members and friends that travelled down to support Roger must be having a great party today with Team Barbados terrific final round. I spotted a large Canadian flag hanging over the clubhouse balcony yesterday on the ABC TV coverage. This was likely the supporters from the Marshes. I look forward to seeing all the photos when they get back.
    You can view the online scoreboard http://www.worldgolfchampionships.co...aderboard/r169

TV tape delay coverage starts in a half hour 3-6 pm on ABC.

WAY TO GO ROGER !!! WE ARE ALL PROUD !!!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Roger's a good guy and a good player. Nice to see that he'll be picking up a nice paycheque from this event. I'm sure it's a welcome Christmas bonus.

wahz
    I had the pleasure of playing with Roger at a Pro-Am over the summer. He's a real stand-up guy, a pleasure to play with. Glad to see him do well at the WGC event.

Thread Information