100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

No White Flag Yet

As I was preparing to return from the cold of Sioux Lookout, it struck me that the next 10 days don't look that bad. Does anyone know if the courses around Syracuse, NY (it's not that long a drive!) are still open? If they are, is there anyone else crazy enough to drive down there for a game? At this point I am just exploring possibilities.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Syracuse? I'm hoping something will re-open around here!

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    As I was preparing to return from the cold of Sioux Lookout, it struck me that the next 10 days don't look that bad. Does anyone know if the courses around Syracuse, NY (it's not that long a drive!) are still open? If they are, is there anyone else crazy enough to drive down there for a game? At this point I am just exploring possibilities.
    Hey mpare,

I am up for the drive. Did you have a particular course in mind? The only course I've played in Syracuse is Liverpool. Would be nice to get a few golf nuts together if we go. I will call Liverpool Monday to see if they're open.

SH aka Walleye Fan

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Me too

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Me three or am I four?
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If you guys do this Wed, I might be interested. Keep me posted.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

What have I started?

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    O God ----if my elbow heals--you never know????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Bryan, get The Wife to massage it(the elbow),and lets give her a last shot.I am off Thursday and friday so amybe then.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Hello fellow golf nuts,

I just called Liverpool Golf Course in Syracuse. The fellow in the proshop tells me there are patches of snow on the ground and several of the greens are covered. He would still allow golfers to come out and play but it doesn't sound like it would be worth the drive. He believes that the warm weather forecasted for this week will melt all the snow so it may be worth considering for next week. The forecast for tomorrow is very nice and the rest of the week is supposed to be warm but raining in Syracuse. I think I will wait until next week and see what Mother Nature has planned for us.

SH

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I could still be up for that. How far is Syaracuse? Would we be back before 7pm? If something was set up for Wed or Thurs I could possibly go. But I have to be at work for 7pm both those nights. Keep me posted SH.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Syracuse is 3 hours from here in Morrisburg so prob 4 for you guys... I have been over a bunch of times in the spring and played Raddison on the Greens.. Call them, its a Robert Trent Jones Jr. and a sweet course. I would love to go and play.. Anyone planning anything for sunday?
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Where is everyone Cedar Glen is reopening????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

I have a game on Saturday for Cedar Glen. Now, for Sunday. I understand that the Liverpool Golf Course in Liverpool, NY (just outside Syracuse) is open with carts, etc. I know nothing of the course, but will try to speak to the pro shop tomorrow morning. My guess is that it would take 3 hours to get there (with me driving). The Sunday forecast for that area shows a low of 39 and a high of 54 with showers. Seems perfect to me! Is there anyone interested in a road trip? Assuming there is interest, and assuming I could get a good tee time, I would be thinking of leaving at 6 a.m. You heard me right. That way I could play and get back here before dinner.

Head Golf Nut:
    I can not sit in your car for 3 Hrs without smoking. If I drive and you don't mind me smoking with half the roof open for ventlation then I am in.

public info:
    the message on Poplar Grove's answering machine says that they are open 10:30 AM .
    It also says for online booking use Ottawa Golf RM system or just go by. RM system says the course is closed since december 3. I don't know if they haven't updated thier message or RM is not Active anymore.
    If the course is open , no need to drive 3 hrs.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Has anybody been outside today at noon?Just washed the car its like 12 deg. out there and to add to this my next door neighbour just told me she herd on the radio some courses are opening.As anybody herd anything about golf in the ottawa gatineau area?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    we are all dreaming. It is really April 15th today. Winter is gone and I am a year older.

After 4 hours sleep, here I sit .... at home with the sun out. This is not right. I want to play today. Is anyone interested in going out right away?

I have a game on Saturday for Cedar Glen. .
    Well buddy, We thought this was your post. I could could have called you if it wasn't for your posting. You know we love to contribute to your post retirement golf sack "fund". .
    Forget about driving 3 hours. I may go out again to Cedar Glen tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. you and Who ever itching for a game tomorrow, post here please. Sharkie is tied up with girlfriend.
    It is as much fun as playing in the middle of summer, ask sharkie, We were playing with no jackets.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Lefty Lucus and I are going, weather permitting, arriving around 10:00.

After going to bed at 3 this morning and getting up at 6:15, I was beat this morning. We decided not to go golfing today. However, by 10 we changed our minds. It was much too nice and who needs sleep anyway. We had a great time. It was a beautiful day.

Thread Information