CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar

Some Swing Pictures

So I know this thread has probably been done before, not the post pictures of youself on the golf course thread, but if you got pics of you swinging a club lets see..., i didnt see any thread like that... im bored and i figured out a way to post pics onto a website so i dont have to worry about them being too large to upload here... its the off season trying to keep busy, anyways lets see what you got...

on this perticular day at the tourney my swing speed was clocked at 116MPH on the driving range, was feelin loose that day

http://photos-969.ak.facebook.com/ip...54969_6079.jpg

http://photos-967.ak.facebook.com/ip...54967_5428.jpg

http://photos-968.ak.facebook.com/ip...54968_5751.jpg

http://photos-419.ak.facebook.com/ip...84419_9673.jpg

http://photos-420.ak.facebook.com/ip...0384420_42.jpg

http://photos-970.facebook.com/ip002...40970_8052.jpg

http://photos-970.ak.facebook.com/ip...54970_6401.jpg

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    why not post a vid ?
    looks like a solid swing from what i see.

can you post a vid on here? not that i'll have one till next year...

the 5th picture is my fav... the unwinding of the 5 foot 6 shortstack... lol as ive been told. such an awesome picture!

Quote Originally Posted by starvingstudent View Post
    can you post a vid on here? not that i'll have one till next year...

the 5th picture is my fav... the unwinding of the 5 foot 6 shortstack... lol as ive been told. such an awesome picture!

if dan and the mods would allow it you can put your vid on you tube or putfile and post the link here. ie done it on other forums and got good feedback.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    We don't host videos, but linking to utube is fine as long as the videos meet comminity standards of this forum.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    You have an EXCELLENT golf swing and it is apparent why your swing speed is in the mid teens range. You appear strong but very flexible at the same time.

Pic 3 & 4 shows that you have a so called "ONE" plane swing where the club is set is a perfectly square position at the top. The back of your left hand is flat or maybe slightly cupped, a position similar to Hogan after he made some changes. In pic 4, there is no slide of the hips to the right, showing that your backswing has turned into the firm brace of your right side.

In pic 5, as your lower body has started its forward slide, your hands appear to have moved BACK away from your target first, and then down. This will get you on to the shaft axis plane immediately, a position from which a solid inside path will be achieved. Also, because of your flexibility, you have been able to decrease the angle between your left arm and the club shaft a little, which will delay the unhinging of these leverage angles until late in the downswing.

There are 3 "moment of truth" positions that I like to see, which will confirm the solidness of your swing. 1. From the down the line view, where your hands are in the same position as pic 5. 2. From the down the line view, where your hands are at hip high in the downswing. 3. From in front, where your left hand is directly in front of your right thigh. Is it possible for you to post these?

You appear to have a 10 finger grip. Is this so?

Overall you have a very professional looking, powerful golf swing, one that I would trade straight up for in a heart beat.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    You have an EXCELLENT golf swing and it is apparent why your swing speed is in the mid teens range. You appear strong but very flexible at the same time.

Pic 3 & 4 shows that you have a so called "ONE" plane swing where the club is set is a perfectly square position at the top. The back of your left hand is flat or maybe slightly cupped, a position similar to Hogan after he made some changes. In pic 4, there is no slide of the hips to the right, showing that your backswing has turned into the firm brace of your right side.

In pic 5, as your lower body has started its forward slide, your hands appear to have moved BACK away from your target first, and then down. This will get you on to the shaft axis plane immediately, a position from which a solid inside path will be achieved. Also, because of your flexibility, you have been able to decrease the angle between your left arm and the club shaft a little, which will delay the unhinging of these leverage angles until late in the downswing.

There are 3 "moment of truth" positions that I like to see, which will confirm the solidness of your swing. 1. From the down the line view, where your hands are in the same position as pic 5. 2. From the down the line view, where your hands are at hip high in the downswing. 3. From in front, where your left hand is directly in front of your right thigh. Is it possible for you to post these?

You appear to have a 10 finger grip. Is this so?

Overall you have a very professional looking, powerful golf swing, one that I would trade straight up for in a heart beat.
    Well said BC. There are guys on tour that don't have swings that solid looking. Keep it up starvingstudent and maybe we'll see your name on a leaderboard sometime soon.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Wow! really solid looking swing.

wow.. thanks alot guys you all really know how to cheer a guy up after having just failed an accounting exam haha... BC, i'll have to get those pics at a later time as i dont have any right now... next year i wanna do one of those swing profile pictures that shoot like 15-20 frames per second or something like that from back side and front view... that would be cool...

oh and yes, 10 finger girp.. works for me, i tried interlock and overlap a couple rounds last year and i just didnt feel comfortable with it... so ten finger it is... yeah i know the whole thing about no pro using it and its the very amateur thing to do, but hey if its working why change it?

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I am gonna try to scan my swing sequence.. At school he had an Achiever and you can do the split screen shot like in golf digest. I have them framed in my office.. Used to have em on cd but I can't find it..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

scan away L diggity! lets see the swing of a 5 cap

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    oh and yes, 10 finger girp.. works for me, i tried interlock and overlap a couple rounds last year and i just didnt feel comfortable with it... so ten finger it is... yeah i know the whole thing about no pro using it and its the very amateur thing to do, but hey if its working why change it?
    Overlapped for 35 years, 10 fingered for 10 years when I changed to a single axis swing and am now retrying the overlap.

I asked that question because a 10 fingered grip increases the chance of hooking the ball and wondered, if/when you miss, do you do so by hooking more than the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Overlapped for 35 years, 10 fingered for 10 years when I changed to a single axis swing and am now retrying the overlap.
    I asked that question because a 10 fingered grip increases the chance of hooking the ball and wondered, if/when you miss, do you do so by hooking more than the other way.
    yeah i had a bad hook for a season bad enough to aim 30 yards right of the target. but in my tinkering when i went to a heavier stiffer shaft is the woods and just stiffer in the irons the hook went away, so im playing either a nice tight draw or a slight cut, depending on the day... its been working so far

yeah i had a bad hook for a season bad enough to aim 30 yards right of the target.
    at least you didnt have to do it from 150 with a 9i:
    http://media.putfile.com/short-iron-swing

my swing is much better now though, and i no longer have much of a hook.
    also at that time i played off 11 but now im an 8.

Overswing you should work on keeping that head still

yeah i second that thought... and you might be starting you downswing with your shoulders not your hips... i see a little bit of casting in your swing... when you get to the top its almost like your looking behind you, you really need to work on no head movment... look at my pics and you can see my head doesnt move, its one of the traits of a solid swing. i dont know how to put this but it looks like your lifting you whole body at the top of your swing notice the hips do their full turn and your upperbody keeps moving up and up and up... bonus is your club doesnt pass parallel. try shortening your back swing a touch and see what happens, you dont always have to swing 100% i never pass 80% with my irons most of the time I take 3/4 swings, more control i only recently started doing thing and abreviating the follow through ala tiger woods knock down follow through... anyways your young youll get it. and one more thing try and keep your back foot on the ground as long as possible... you raise it before impact, only when youve passed impact should your foot begin to come up, something ive noticed looking at alot of pro pictures... notice the feet at impact solid as a rock on the ground... s'all good though, apparently no one else is brave enough to show off their technique but us

i just read your post and your an 8 cap? man sometimes i wonder why im not a scratch when i see swings like yours hehe, im just playin' ;-P... it just goes to show you that you aint painting a picture... its just numbers on a scorecard that matter... 7 scotty camerons just cant lower a guys handicap

LOL... wait till you see my chicken wing.. thankfully my short game saves my a@#

c-l-a-s-s-y

haha i can putt, and scramble my @ss off around the greens.
    my swing aint perfect, but it gets the job done. im gonna work on consistency with my swing next year and see where it gets me.
    i still have another 4 years till im off to college, so i got lots of time to get low.
    thanks for the help, ill work on those things.
    when i slow it down, and keep the head still and swing short i get consistent, and pretty much the same distance. damn ego gets in the way!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    You've got a good looking swing but it just looks like you have too many moving parts to me. A little work and it'll be a beaut!

so still no other pictures just mine and overswings... whats the deal guys? afraid you cant compare to a bunch of kids? well im 21 so not really a kid but you get the drift

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'd put some up if i had any!!

s'all good John i believe you...

I am just too lazy to scan mine..

Good excuse Lance

LOL... i gotta find it first then scan it.. its a lot of work!

let it go on record that Lance admits hes to lazy to give OG members something to laugh at hahaha

haha true.. give me a half hour.. I will do it

Thread Information