CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge GolfOttawa is on a distinguished road

Local Pro is in the World Cup Of Golf

Local CPGA Assistant Professional Roger Beale jr is playing in the world cup of golf in Barbados.His name appears in the official tournament guide listing him as working at the Marshes golf club in ottawa. What a week for Ottawa golfers first Brad qualifies for the Nationwide tour now Roger is playing in the world cup of golf, and a couple of weeks back Alan mcgee wins a major amateur tournament overseas. Ottawa is becomeing a world power in golf, well maybe just a city with alot of talented golfers. Way to go Brad, Roger and Allan.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Marshes Assistant Pro Roger Beale in World Cup

Yes its great another talent from our City is on the World Stage !!
    Roger is playing for the host team Barbados as he was born there and lived part of his life on the island. Roger's Dad still lives there, so Roger will feel at home playing on the familiar Sandy Lane course.
    Roger is a tremendous talent having played on the PGA Canadian Tour in 2006.
    This past season he worked at the Marshes, both in the Pro shop and giving lessons. Roger always showed great interest in how our rounds went and gave valuable advise particularly in the mental aspect of the game. I found his mental tips helped me greatly.
    There is a group of about 10 people from the Marshes (mostly members and spouses) who are there to cheer Roger on. Wish I could be there...... .
    I definetely will watch the 3rd and 4th rounds which will be televised from 3-6 pm on ABC.
    Here is a link to the site http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/tournaments/r169

Make sure you click on this link for a GREAT on line version of the official program.Roger is profiled on Page 49.
    http://www.officialgolfprograms.com/index2.htm

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I believe Roger & I were on the same high school basketball team. If only we'd have had a golf team! I'm going to be cheering for sure

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfOttawa View Post
    Ottawa is becomeing a world power in golf, well maybe just a city with alot of talented golfers.
    I don't have any real stats to back it up but to me there seems to be a disproportionate number of really good golfers in the Ottawa area.

GolfOttawa- let me be the first to say thank you for starting a world golf thread that doesn't look like this :

Local CPGA Assistant Professional Roger Beale jr is playing in the world cup of golf in Barbados
    More... http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/tournaments/r169
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Gap Wedge GolfOttawa is on a distinguished road
    shivas irons

I was only giving credit where credit was due. I am not sure what you meant by your post please explain?

Barbados is -1 after 4holes,

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfOttawa View Post
    I was only giving credit where credit was due. I am not sure what you meant by your post please explain?

LOL - I wasn't trying to be sarcastic - check out the last 50 or 60 threads started under World Golf and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Shivas,

I think that is an automated script that is pulling in information from an RSS feed for those that are interested. How's that for geektalk, and slightly off-topic
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I think that is an automated script that is pulling in information from an RSS feed for those that are interested. How's that for geektalk, and slightly off-topic
    It's a who pulling a what from where? Once again, a shining example of my ignorance.
    But getting back to topic - sort of - is it just me, or are there a lot of good golfers in this area?

There are some very good golfers in this area given the short season.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Colby get's an "A". in Geeky. No surprise there
    It is indeed from 2 RRS feeds. One from the PGA and one from Canoe.

I go through them as they come in and approve or disapprove them. I sometimes combine them if stories are repetitive. I think it's started a good number of interesting conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Colby get's an "A". in Geeky. No surprise there

OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    OUCH!
    It pays the bills
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    It pays the bills
    and then some!!

Thread Information