100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

'I never want to go through that again'

Brad Fritsch admits he was choking. Blowing it. The Manotick pro had hit shots into the water on two-straight holes as he came down the stretch in the final round of the PGA Tour's qualifying school, a six-round torture test that has been called golf's cruelest tournament.

More...

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Driving range pro Bryn Parry of Vancouver just missed writing one of the great stories of the tournament, missing his PGA Tour card by one stroke after a 73 yesterday.

ouuuuuuuuuuuuch! i would drink myself to sleep for the next week after that one! imagine youve played 6 rounds of golf in amaizing fashion only to miss your tour card by one stoke on the 18th hole of the final round.... talk about a major burn from the golf gods

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by starvingstudent View Post
    Driving range pro Bryn Parry of Vancouver just missed writing one of the great stories of the tournament, missing his PGA Tour card by one stroke after a 73 yesterday.

ouuuuuuuuuuuuch! i would drink myself to sleep for the next week after that one! imagine youve played 6 rounds of golf in amaizing fashion only to miss your tour card by one stoke on the 18th hole of the final round.... talk about a major burn from the golf gods
    No offense against Bryn but he hit an ugly shot on his final hole. From the fairway he missed the green right, into an area of high rough. From there he flopped it out but it ran past the hole and he boogied. Missed his card by that one stroke. He did not have to fire at that right hand pin location. Centre of the green, two putts and he is on his way to the Big Show.
    The golf gods had nothing to do with him missing his PGA Card. It was all in his hands.

If he had played 6 amazing rounds of golf he would not have been in that position. He opened with a 78. OUCH Off to the Nationwide he goes!

Same goes for David Moreland III, he just does not have enough talent to maintain his status on the PGA Tour. It is not like he is a hack, he just doesn't have enough talent, or mental toughness to make it on the PGA. Lots of guys like him out there. Just like the NHL, just because you get drafted doesn't mean you are going to play in the NHL. AHL or below might be your career.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Congrats to Brad!! Too bad he missed his card, but full exempt status on the Nationwide is a great stepping stone to the tour!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    No offense against Bryn but he hit an ugly shot on his final hole. From the fairway he missed the green right, into an area of high rough. From there he flopped it out but it ran past the hole and he boogied. Missed his card by that one stroke. He did not have to fire at that right hand pin location. Centre of the green, two putts and he is on his way to the Big Show.
    The golf gods had nothing to do with him missing his PGA Card. It was all in his hands.

When he was finishing the number was looking like -9, so he probably felt he DID have to fire at the pin. It only went to -8 in the last half hour or so with a lot of golfers faltering down the stretch.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Fritsch should be damned proud of what he accomplished. He showed alot of intestinal fortitude to finish where he did after that opening round! He just lived through what every one of us would give our eye teeth to have the talent to enable to even give us a shot at it.

Good showing Brad, there are thousands of guys out there that would love to be in your shoes and you have the talent to make it to the PGA tour next year! I for one will be following your progress!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    is Fritsch a member on OG.com?

Thread Information