100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Talking Ottawa Senators' run for the cup

Last night Ottawa clinched 1st place overall in the league!http://www.tsn.ca/news_stories/36449.html

Cheers to our Sens on a great season (not to mention the team bonus for finishing on top) which they really need.

Any predictions on how far the Sens might go this year in the playoffs? Personally, I'd like to see them vs Vancouver for the Cup (and see those Leafs get swept in the first round by Phily)!

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I think Ottawa has a great team, loads of confidence, excellent disipline, the total package to win the cup. Islanders scare me though, they are a tough team...just look how they took Toronto to seven last year, bruised and battered both teams. The west is strong also, but the top team to finish there will be full of injuries.

Prediction: Ottawa in 5 against Isles.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    I agree Sens vs. Canucks would be awesome.
    Ottawa in 6 over the Isles.
    Go Sens.

Nothing like a little Yashin Bashin' to start the playoffs though.

Sens in 5.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up I am a Sens Fan!

My $0.02
    Congrats to the Sens, but winning the Presidents Cup is like kissing your sister, winning the Stanley Cup is like getting lucky with a supermodel.

They still have alot of work ahead of them, and from what they've shown in the past in regards to playoff runs, they're still virgins. Time to let their play, then success, do the talking.

Now Mike,
    Time to get out of your dream world, the Leafs will not win Lord Stanley, they won't even get past Philly. The Flyers are twice the team they were last year with Hitch, Amonte, & Roenick.
    Watch the Flyers steamroll over a bunch of old fossils.

But with that being said, until the Sens actually do something in the post-season you deserve the bragging rights over us Sens fans. Correct??

Sens in 6 over the Isles.
    Flyers in 5 over the Buds.
    Devils in 7 over the Bruins.
    Caps in 7 over the Bolts.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road

I agree!

It will be a good series, but the Flyers will be extra hungry, having something to prove after scoring only 3 goals last year. I will be very surprised if the Leafs can win. The Flyers are playing great and made some great acquisitions this past year. As a Sens fan that's the team I'm really worried about, but have to take one series at a time.

As for the putter, not a whole lot yet. A little.
    As I said, "At 35 inches, its longer then all my previous putters" so I have to choke down to the bottom of the grip which means slightly more than an inch hanging out the top.
    I'd hate to trim a Scotty Cameron Prototype, but really I should.
    Actually its so nice, I hate to even use it.

Thanks again.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Talking

Go HABS Go!!!...

Well yeah.. I can't wait to play golf...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    All I can say is please have A NICE LONG SIX-MONTH PLAYOFF SEASON...........

With the NHL cowtowing to the US TV interest's, I'll have lots of empty fairways on the weekend afternoons!!!!

Oh yeah FLYERS win cup on June 16th. Now come golfing!!

Flyers will be too busy choking...

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Question LEAFS. WHAT LEAFS?

Does anybody know when was the last time the leafs won the cup?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

http://calendarhome.com/date.shtml

35 years
    11 months
    3 days

WooHoo!!!!!!

It doesn't get much better than this. Ferbey wins the curling championships, Weir wins a Masters green jacket...now Bonk scores two(count em two) playoff goals and the Sens move on to round Two....

Ty Webb
    Dallas and Ottawa in the finals. Dallas in 6. I am an Ottawa fan but don't believe they have what it takes to beat a great team 4 games out of 7. Maybe one good strong game but not 4. I would love to see them win it all though.

On another note, Ya$hin didn't do diddly in the playoffs again. Adrian Aucoin, an ottawa boy, played very well.

Aren't those Mighty Ducks still leading 2-1. Hey what about Vancouver? I disagree I don't think it's Dallas' year. I still haven't seen one team really stand out yet.

Ty Webb
    I hope you are right. With the exception of Anaheim (up until last night), no one team has been hot. This makes for an interesting playoff.

We can't forget the 67s and how well they are playing. Hull too, actually. Hats off to those boys.

Nice to see Ottawa Senators outplay, outsmart, outclass the Flyers. Bring on the Devils.
    Hopefully the Canucks wrap there series tonight.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking gotta like it

You have to like the way they are playing right now. Getting results from everyone at the right time.

Go Sens Go......
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Angry Damn Devils

Oh Oh!! Doesn't look good for our Sens...its going to be tough to win three in a row against these Devils.

Win three in a row

I believe they can do it. Go Sens

Angry frustrating...

The Sens will need a much better effort from Lalime if they plan on getting past the Devils.

As much as I like Lalime, he chokes at the worst possible times! I mean, the guy makes fantastic saves when he's not pressured to do so and when the game is on the line, he let's in a softie.

I can understand that one soft goal in a playoff game is somewhat acceptable...... but THREE???

I hope that he's sharp next game and I still think that we can take the series in seven. But PLEASE Patrick, don't pull a Roman.....

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road

Martin has to go...

Soft goals, no emotion...does this sound like a broken record, or what?

The Sens need to get a real coach if they ever want to be considered a true cup contender.

Only Jacques Martin could take an offensively explosive team, with great speed, & make them play like a bunch of plumbers.

Jacques was good for the team when the talent wasn't there, but now it is, and these talented playes need to be able to free-wheel!

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Jacques was good for the team when the talent wasn't there, but now it is, and these talented playes need to be able to free-wheel!
    Huh? So, are you saying they need to play more like those "free-wheeling" New Jersey Devils and Anaheim Mighty Ducks?

My only beef with Jacques is that he should have brought Spezza in sooner, if for no other reason than to shore up their anemic power play. But in today's NHL, defence wins in the playoffs. Of the final four teams this year, nobody has a more "free-wheeling" offence than the Sens.

Besides, IMHO if you go to 6 games or more in the Conference Finals - you can already be considered a "true cup contender".
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Originally posted by el tigre
    Huh? So, are you saying they need to play more like those "free-wheeling" New Jersey Devils and Anaheim Mighty Ducks?

My only beef with Jacques is that he should have brought Spezza in sooner

Besides, IMHO if you go to 6 games or more in the Conference Finals - you can already be considered a "true cup contender".
    - ??!! - Where did I say the Sens need to play more like the Ducks or Devils? That's the problem - they ARE playing like the Ducks & Devils, & don't need to.

Spezza didn't play because the Sens have no money & he is on a 2-way contract - that's it, it has nothing to do with his "poor defensive play" - Jacques probably had no say in that one.

I love the Sens, but sorry tigre, going to the conference finals does not make you a cup contender.

Ty Webb
    Jacques is a good, knowledgeable coach. He has to show some emotion and lead by example. A defensive breakdown (both defencemen behind the net) results in a goal and they show Jacques. He is looking at the replay and then writing in his notepad. Somebody should get their a*s chewed for that!

To win the cup, a team requires 110% from everyone. The Sens are not getting that. Even the last game, 6 shots in the first period??

:reallymad

Spezza

Mr. Shank-

The reason why they were NOT playing Spezza was not bacause of a money issue. They were winning without him in the lineup and they had good team chemistry. He would have played earlier ONLY if another player got injured, or the team would falter and lose some chemistry. He would be used to shake things up a bit if the team needed it.....

As the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Obvoiusly, the Sens have lost some team chemistry over the last few games and now Spezza is in the lineup. Good move by Jacques Martin. Tonight New Jersey has to worry about our famed rookie and hopefully this will open some doors for Hossa, Havlat, Alfredsson....

It should be an amazing game tonight! And BTW, the game is being played on a jumbo tron at the Corel Centre. There is no enterance fee and the parking is free!

Ty Webb
    I understand that Jacques did not want to disrupt his lineup and Muckler ordered him to put Spezza in.

ESPN was reporting that Muckler forced Martin to put Spezza in the line up. Funny thing is it paid off. Going to be a first I think in NHL history that the Presidents Cup, and Stanley cup winning team fires their head coach.

You have a situation where the GM starts second guessing the coach and bye bye.

GO Sens GO!!!!

Re: Spezza

Originally posted by The Shtick
    Mr. Shank-

The reason why they were NOT playing Spezza was not bacause of a money issue.

Wrong! - 800K for him to play in the NHL on an already winning team, or 80K to play in the minors. It's ALL about money, don't kid yourself.

Same reason he played 21 games this year - he's not eligble for the Calder trophy ensuring he won't get the bonuses built in to his contract.
    Spezza got screwed by the Sens.

IMO, if Muckler was behind the bench we would be having a Cup parade down Bank St in a couple of weeks.

Ty Webb
    I agree with you to some degree. However, the Sens have been screwed by a few players too and have learned some lessons. Daigle and Y*****hin spring to mind.

Does anyone know (or care) where Daigle is now?
    Does he still play anywhere?

Thread Information