CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starvingstudent View Post
    sorry brother but i've never heard of Achiever, or the Zelocity... i've only worked with vector machines
    The zelocity and the Achiever are launch monitors as well. Reason I was asking Jarred is because frequency meters are not calibrated. That is why the PCS came up with the idea of a calibration shaft. In other words 2 different frequency meters from 2 different companies yield different results with the same 5 inch clamp? What am I getting at? If that is the case with frequency meters it could very well be the same with launch monitors. And frankly I get a little tired of some folks claiming a 110 miles an hour swing speed while the real truth is more like 90-95 miles an hour. Honestly it takes a hell of an athlete to generate over a real 105 miles an hour. End of rant and thank you for answering my question bro.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    hey man glad i can help!

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    ...And frankly I get a little tired of some folks claiming a 110 miles an hour swing speed while the real truth is more like 90-95 miles an hour. Honestly it takes a hell of an athlete to generate over a real 105 miles an hour. End of rant and thank you for answering my question bro.
    I could not agree more! ...which is why I often say that I would sign a contract right now for a driver that gave me 240 yards right down the middle every time...even if I knew I could never hit it even 241 yards.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sensfan63;144210]The Vector is a LAUNCH MONITOR, the simulator (like at GT) is a COMPUTER GAME. Like Golf-o-Max. Anyone who goes to GT looking to get a fitting experience from the simulator is looking for the wrong thing...in the simulator all you can possibly do is figure out how the club feels (and that's not a good indicator at all).

I agree, , see a professional fitter if that is what you want, go to GT if you want off the rack pricing and fitting. The GT simulator is good for one thing though, test out different drivers, the conditions of the simulator are the same so it gives you a general idea of how well you hit different drivers.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information