Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
got mine down to as low as 0.2, then the 50+ hour work weeks started and left little time to practice, now i am about a 1.1.

I swear at 23 i shouldn't be putting in the 50+/weeks yet!!
Better off putting in 50+ hours a week at age 23 than 53

I think my index will improve next year. I don't plan on having another heart attack in the middle of May. Man that really sets a guy back when it comes to lowering your index!

All in all this is a pretty impressive bunch here, some really good indexes from golfers on this forum. Anyone who gets down to a single digit index and keeps it there is a decent player. Anyone who is below 20 is also a good player.

There is not a lot seperating a 10 from a 15-20. Usually the short game is what hurts. Missed putts, bad chip shots.

I am living proof of that. I had my index down to 4.5 a couple of summers ago. Missed all kinds of fairways and greens. But I chipped and putted like a PGA Pro and made tons of pars. When the GRI were there I made tons of birdies, which offset any boogies.

Like the old saying "Drive for show, Putt for dough" You do not have to drive the ball 280+ to be able to score. You do however have to be able to putt.