CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar

Question Lasik eye surgery and better golf

Has anyone here had Lasik Laser eye surgery? If so, did it improve your golf game(putting). Just curious.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    my uncle had it done over a year ago, he said its the best thing he's ever done. he said his golf game is tons better, when he plays hockey its like a night and day difference... I think im gonna ask for lasik as my university graduation present... i hear nothing but good things about the procedure... just make sure you have someone reputable do it! my optomotrist couldnt stress that enough, "the cheaper route is by far NOT the better route. pay the extra money and you wont be dissapointed" good luck bro

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Has the cost of the procedures come down a bit? Some company have it as part of employee benefits...those lucky people.

I know that Tiger, Vigay, Mike Weir, Retief Goosen and Tom Kite got it done.

A couple of my friends got their eyes done with the Wavefront technology and they couldn't be happier. I thinks this is the latest advancement which cost more than the previous techniques. If I decide to go this route, I will definitely do my research.

I wish this procedure was cover under my work health plan.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    the cost has come down slightly i believe, but thats only becuase of competition...naturally. but those $299 an eye specials stay away from

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    My dad had laser surgery a few years back my uncle as well. They both LOVE it and I dont know if it improved there games or not but it did change there lifestyles.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road
    I had Lasik eye surgery about 6 years ago. There was a noticable improvment in my putting but did not seem to last for ever (maybe 1 season). Can track the ball much better and see where it ends up but the improvment was shortlived. However, firmly endorse it and once your eye doctor says that you are candidate, go for it. Nothing like waking up and be able to see the alarm clock plus not having to worry about glasses or contacts is a huge plus. My only side effect was a decreased tolerance for sunlight which is easliy countered by wearing sunglasses.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    i keep thinking about getting it done, but my eyes is precious to me. I still can't justify it in my head that its worth the risk (however minute).

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Just a question, for those who have had lasik surgery, does it affect your close up vision also, so that you may have to use reading glasses afterwards?

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road
    not immediately afterwards. One thingthat I was told was that if I were to need the reading glasses naturally, this procedure would accelerate that timeline. As I approach the big 50, I am finding that credit card receipts in bars/resturants are getting tougher to read and also have some issues in low light situations. However still can read books/mags etc in normal lighting with no issues and the annual tests are showing no degradation. If anyone would like more details on the actual procedure, healing time etc, pm me, cheers

I read an article about Laser eye surgery and the average patient is male, age 39 and making 80K salary. Not sure what percentage are golfers...

Does anyone have problems with night vision after the surgery?

Thread Information